Do you still love us HB?

• 65 Replies

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2019, 04:13:21 PM »
The servers for TGC are not going anywhere.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2019, 04:55:40 PM »
Well give us a clue then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bob5453

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2019, 06:17:12 PM »
Well give us a clue then

Infinite Air with Mark McMorris by HB was abandoned over 2 years ago and the servers are still up and they still sell the game. I paid $50 preordered for it and you can buy it today 90% off for 3 bucks on sale on Steam. That is a real bargain for it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:19:47 PM by bob5453 »
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

leslie.sangster

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2019, 06:21:09 PM »
Well give us a clue then

Infinite Air with Mark McMorris by HB was abandoned over 2 years ago and the servers are still up and they still sell the game. I paid $50 preordered for it and you can buy it today 90% off for 3 bucks on sale on Steam. That is a real bargain for it.
I meant give us a clue on a new game not if the servers will still be up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bob5453

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2019, 06:24:32 PM »
Well give us a clue then

Common sense says they will release a new game, even if they only do it half-arsed. :) At the very least they will sell it and then we will still get a new TGC game.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

lrvenable

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2019, 07:04:33 PM »
Well give us a clue then

Common sense says they will release a new game, even if they only do it half-arsed. :) At the very least they will sell it and then we will still get a new TGC game.

I must admit... I have a little more faith in HSB.  2019 was a large step forward.  Who knows if they are being held back by 2K.  They were very free with information before they started teaming with others.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2019, 09:26:16 PM »

Just don't allow PS4  scrubs  in my society.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2019, 05:39:02 PM »
I've been around here since the beginning and I think I have a good read on the situation.  I've always been more of cyber golfer that likes a challenge but nothing too frustrating.   I think HB has tried to walk the line between the sim and the casual to a bit of a fault because in my opinion their focus should be on the masses first and foremost.   I truly believe that by listening to much to the sim crowd HB has somehow lost it's way. 

They tried so hard to be open minded while taking in all the jabber on the swing being too easy and dial a distance being horrible not realizing that the normal everyday crowd does want a simple refined swing and dial a distance.  Sure it's great to have options,  but the sim options need to be straightforward and just flat out hard as heck.  HB doesn't need to be spending time trying to satisfy a sim crowd that equates to a pimple on a goats arse.

In my opinion HB is at a crossroads.  They have to build the game from the ground up on a new engine and this is going to be incredibly difficult and the money it will take might not be in the budget.  On the other side of things I feel they could put out another game on the same engine but I'm sure they realize it's not going to be much of an upgrade at this point.   I think they're stuck in a rock and a hard place personally.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

FRSTDWN

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2019, 07:38:09 PM »
Play beginner clubs or pro clubs all assits on this is no where near sim golf. **** even on Masters with assits on its barely sim .

I see you still have your troll hat on.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
As I typed that my game is frozen between loading screens. Seen this more and more on Xbox.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffbdvs

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2019, 12:25:10 AM »

Hey! I resemble that remark!  :P
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

jeffbdvs

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2019, 12:39:05 AM »
Play beginner clubs or pro clubs all assits on this is no where near sim golf. **** even on Masters with assits on its barely sim .

I think even that isn't enough. They want to start the game, feel what it's like to stand on the 7th tee at Pebble, have their caddie tell them what club to use, hit the ball and be reasonably sure that it will land a foot and a half from the cup. They want to grab a driver and hit it as far as Rory does but with none of the left or right nonsense that might put them in the rough. They want to be disappointed with par. They want to see their name at the top of every leaderboard. They want to be able to do this OOB without having to invest any time in practicing. If there was a way for them to punch a button on the controller and have the ball go in the hole, they would want that.

I figure at some point they will get bored doing all that and seek more of a challenge in-game, but until that time arrives they want it super easy and they want it NOW.

NB: I played a random skins match against a single opponent, and all he did was stand on the tee and let the timer expire. Hole after hole. I won every skin for 5 or 6 holes, but it took 2-3 minutes on each one to do that. I guess he thought that I'd get frustrated and quit, and he'd collect the win and the skins I left behind. I sent him a message in-game and said that I had a six-pack of a really nice IPA to drink and I had nothing else to do except sip my beer and wait for him to hit his shot, after which *he* quit and I got the win and the skins. Did he want to play golf? Nope. He wanted to pad his stats.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:50:45 AM by jeffbdvs »
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

lastchancehombre

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »

I think even that isn't enough. They want to start the game, feel what it's like to stand on the 7th tee at Pebble, have their caddie tell them what club to use, hit the ball and be reasonably sure that it will land a foot and a half from the cup. They want to grab a driver and hit it as far as Rory does but with none of the left or right nonsense that might put them in the rough. They want to be disappointed with par. They want to see their name at the top of every leaderboard. They want to be able to do this OOB without having to invest any time in practicing. If there was a way for them to punch a button on the controller and have the ball go in the hole, they would want that.

I figure at some point they will get bored doing all that and seek more of a challenge in-game, but until that time arrives they want it super easy and they want it NOW.

NB: I played a random skins match against a single opponent, and all he did was stand on the tee and let the timer expire. Hole after hole. I won every skin for 5 or 6 holes, but it took 2-3 minutes on each one to do that. I guess he thought that I'd get frustrated and quit, and he'd collect the win and the skins I left behind. I sent him a message in-game and said that I had a six-pack of a really nice IPA to drink and I had nothing else to do except sip my beer and wait for him to hit his shot, after which *he* quit and I got the win and the skins. Did he want to play golf? Nope. He wanted to pad his stats.

Lmao. glad I don't play matchmaking BS, I'd end up with Cirrhosis!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

Woodley Island Golf Club
The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

Pipeit55

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »

awe come on FRSTDWN I've been wanting to play your society with my ps4.  :)
Pipeit55   ( ISKNGRIS PSN )

FRSTDWN

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2019, 02:24:26 PM »
haha nope cannot do it. You guys are too good!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP