Custom Green Flags For Unpublished Courses

• 4 Replies

Barrie53

« on: January 05, 2020, 05:35:41 PM »
Just finished modifying pin flag textures & flag texture menu for my unpublished courses. These modified textures will only reside on my PC as soon as i publish a course the textures will revert back to default ones.
Barrie

RestingBronco45

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 07:28:18 PM »
Just finished modifying pin flag textures & flag texture menu for my unpublished courses. These modified textures will only reside on my PC as soon as i publish a course the textures will revert back to default ones.
Barrie
Such a shame Textures, assets etc cant be modded and shared like the APCD designer and links 2003..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jason :)

Barrie53

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 07:40:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
The only way is to share the assets files,but the problem is that other players may not want all the modified textures. The other way that might work is for course designers to make custom flags available to download and leave it up to the individual if he wants to overwrite his asset files. Not a very secure method as importing textures requires a certain amount of computer skill. HB really dont want the anybody to mod this game, it could be so much better if it was opened up to the community.

RestingBronco45

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 08:07:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
The only way is to share the assets files,but the problem is that other players may not want all the modified textures. The other way that might work is for course designers to make custom flags available to download and leave it up to the individual if he wants to overwrite his asset files. Not a very secure method as importing textures requires a certain amount of computer skill. HB really dont want the anybody to mod this game, it could be so much better if it was opened up to the community.
Yeah agree, i dont see the point if its not able to be enjoyed by all.. maybe a new Golf/designer game is in the works somewhere.. can only pray

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jason :)

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 09:49:28 AM »
Such a shame Textures, assets etc cant be modded and shared like the APCD designer and links 2003..

You could also modify almost anything in EA Sport's Tiger Woods series.  I designed many courses in TW08, and you could build your own textures, buildings, and many other items which were in "Libraries" downloaded with the course.  I was on a PC, so I do not know if all of this was possible on consoles, but it was a great feature.

space-cash