Save Game

• 14 Replies

peppinusardaru

« on: October 24, 2019, 11:00:22 AM »
I don't seem to be able to save a game. For example, I am playing a certain course and I am on hole number seven or whatever, I shut the game down and I want to resume from that particular hole the day after or a month after; I haven't found a way of doing that; am I missing something? I have tried the options of PLAY AGAIN and RESUMABLE but these options don't give me what I have just described above. Any ideas? Thanks.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:07:16 AM »
if you go to my played on search screen then choose the course you was playing,then select Continue on the next screen instead of create match,you will be on the hole the last time you played that course and left it.Continue playing should work from the other selection screen also you may get the Bug which says your playing of the forward tee as well.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 11:18:36 AM by Yeltzman »

peppinusardaru

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »
Thank you for your help but your suggestion worked for me only once. I have played many matches and when I need to go back to a paused game by looking in MY PLAYED there is no option to continue. Sad that they made this so complicated.

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 08:27:33 AM »
If you select the a course with a round in progress there are two options, create or continue. Continue will resume the last round in progress on that course. Or, as stated above (which sounds like it's not working for you?) you can look at the My Played search filter.
~Senior Game Designer

peppinusardaru

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I have tried every suggested way and more and nothing works. I am talking about the times when I am playing a game, I decide it's time to end it; I shut down the game and the computer. I go back the next day, I start the game with the same course and I am forced to start the game from the beginning.

Different topic here: HB-Craig-C. I am looking forward to the time when HB decides to improve substantially the quality of the water, especially the ocean. Right now the ocean looks pretty bad.

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »
Are you by chance playing offline? If you are online, your ghost data is saved to the server after every single shot. This is the same shot data that we use to allow you to resume a round, mid progress. If you are offline obviously that data can't be pushed to the server. If you are online... Then I'm stumped.
~Senior Game Designer

peppinusardaru

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 01:21:28 AM »
I play simple skins games with ghosts. I don't even know if I'm playing offline. I don't remember that I purposely decided to play offline. I will look into this. Thanks again for your kind help.

Yeltzman

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 09:56:51 AM »
I play simple skins games with ghosts. I don't even know if I'm playing offline. I don't remember that I purposely decided to play offline. I will look into this. Thanks again for your kind help.

If your playing Ghosts you can't be Offline.My only thought it because you have to load up a ghost to play it will not continue with it when you play a different day.Only play stroke play never tried skins against a ghost.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:01:32 AM by Yeltzman »

peppinusardaru

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 03:29:22 PM »
Are you by chance playing offline? If you are online, your ghost data is saved to the server after every single shot. This is the same shot data that we use to allow you to resume a round, mid progress. If you are offline obviously that data can't be pushed to the server. If you are online... Then I'm stumped.

Hi Craig-C. I have verified that I have been playing online all the time.

peppinusardaru

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 03:34:11 PM »
Another problem I have found is that when the ghost player goes out of bounds he rarely gets penalized one stroke.
Another "BUG" I've found is that the ghost player is not always where the ball has landed. For example: suppose the ball lands in the bunker, the next shot for the ghost is from the fairway. This doesn't happen all the time but it happens.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 04:10:57 PM »
Another problem I have found is that when the ghost player goes out of bounds he rarely gets penalized one stroke.
Another "BUG" I've found is that the ghost player is not always where the ball has landed. For example: suppose the ball lands in the bunker, the next shot for the ghost is from the fairway. This doesn't happen all the time but it happens.

What I have found that in cases like the first one, the ghost player really didn't go out of bounds in their actual round.  I've asked players with whom whose ghost I'd played in particular Society tournament rounds about it.  I saw a guy's tee shot on a par four go over a rock wall and out of bounds, yet he came away with a par.  He told me the next day that his tee shot had hit the fairway on that hole.  That's just one of several cases like that.

I also find that more often than not, the ghost player's ball isn't actually where it appears to be lying.  A lot of times I think I'm going to get a good read off of their putt, but the ball winds up being putted 1 to 6 feet away from where it initially appeared to be resting.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »
I have heard somebody report that the ghost you see is what would have happened if the same shot is played with your Wind on casual play not the wind the ghost played on.Saying that no idea in society play when all winds are supposed to be the same that a different shot appears.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 03:59:46 PM »
I have heard somebody report that the ghost you see is what would have happened if the same shot is played with your Wind on casual play not the wind the ghost played on.Saying that no idea in society play when all winds are supposed to be the same that a different shot appears.

I'll have to pay more attention to that going forward and see if I can support that theory.  In most of the cases (90%) I'm playing a ghost ball in a Society round, where the wind is supposed to be roughly the same for both players anyway.  I know the velocity can vary a little bit, but the direction should be pretty much the same.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

peppinusardaru

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2019, 01:28:48 AM »
The information I am writing may be of value to someone. I am now able to resume a game. What made the difference, I think, is that instead of setting my XBOX ONE to power saving mode I set it to FAST BOOT.
Thank you

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 08:19:15 PM »
The information I am writing may be of value to someone. I am now able to resume a game. What made the difference, I think, is that instead of setting my XBOX ONE to power saving mode I set it to FAST BOOT.
Thank you

Interesting... thanks for sharing your experience with that.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash