How can I add a RIVAL to my private society match?

• 2 Replies

ncp10

« on: October 24, 2019, 04:43:11 PM »
Hello All,

Using XBox1X.  Just learning about Societies and successfully created a private one, added my playing partner as a member of the society, created the first event and all went well.  I was told on TGCTours by a kind responder that we could play together as we do normally in a private in-game party match by following this procedure:

"Once you've set the society and course you wanna play. All players need to get on the first tee. Once all on press start... Go to groups... Go across to the far right and add rival. The rivals showing should be the players who are playing the course same time as you. Make sure turn order is on too. If you don't want turn order on it will be simultaneous play so you'll see them playing along with you. Hope that helps"

I get to the place to add the other player as a rival, up comes a list of potential rivals to choose from, and there are none.

Can someone explain how to make my friend (in Xbox Live, he is a designated friend) a rival so I can choose him?

Also, is it possible to play against a rival, live AND also have voice active, as we do in the basic in-game party match using our headsets?

Thanks I hope you can help us on this!  Anxious to try it out as we're so close, but not quite there!

jeffbdvs

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 10:38:23 PM »
You both have to actually start the match. Coordinate tees and pins beforehand. Once you are each standing on the first tee, you can add each other as rivals.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

ncp10

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:51:27 PM »
Thanks, got it and it worked :)

space-cash