Elite 2 controller & TGC 2019

• 82 Replies

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 11:05:46 PM »
I’ve been calling BB every day this week checking to see if they received a new shipment of Elite 2 controllers and last night they said mine was in and ready for pickup.  :)

For starters, I love the case that it comes with and where everything has it's place. The controller had a weighty feel to it and the rubber grips felt fantastic. This controller wreaks of quality!

The feature I was looking forward to the most is the tension adjustable sticks. In TGC 2019 I went with the tightest spring setting and could not believe how easy it was to keep close to the middle of the blue swing line. My tempos were even better although I still have too many slow downswings.

In past golf games I was actually pretty good at putting. In TGC 2019 using my stock Xbox One X controller I was missing way too may 6-10 foot putts and rarely made putts over 15 feet. Now with my Elite 2 controller I'm making way more of these putts.

This weekend's DSP Society rounds were played with my stock Xbox One X controller and I sucked as usual.

However, using my Elite 2 controller with max stick tension on the current Open Society tournament I finished the 1st round -9 tied for 2nd place. I'm almost done with my 2nd round but I've been experimenting with the stick tension settings during that round so I've dropped out of the top 10 on the leader boards.

I look forward to exploring the various settings options in the Xbox Accessories app.

-MERACE

leslie.sangster

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 06:44:26 AM »
I’ve been calling BB every day this week checking to see if they received a new shipment of Elite 2 controllers and last night they said mine was in and ready for pickup.  :)

For starters, I love the case that it comes with and where everything has it's place. The controller had a weighty feel to it and the rubber grips felt fantastic. This controller wreaks of quality!

The feature I was looking forward to the most is the tension adjustable sticks. In TGC 2019 I went with the tightest spring setting and could not believe how easy it was to keep close to the middle of the blue swing line. My tempos were even better although I still have too many slow downswings.

In past golf games I was actually pretty good at putting. In TGC 2019 using my stock Xbox One X controller I was missing way too may 6-10 foot putts and rarely made putts over 15 feet. Now with my Elite 2 controller I'm making way more of these putts.

This weekend's DSP Society rounds were played with my stock Xbox One X controller and I sucked as usual.

However, using my Elite 2 controller with max stick tension on the current Open Society tournament I finished the 1st round -9 tied for 2nd place. I'm almost done with my 2nd round but I've been experimenting with the stick tension settings during that round so I've dropped out of the top 10 on the leader boards.

I look forward to exploring the various settings options in the Xbox Accessories app.

-MERACE
Yeah Merace that stick tension option is a godsend I tried the highest tension and it seems as if the line was easier to keep a little straighter and it did give a little weight to the swing. I wasn’t as happy with the high tension on my putting though but I only tried a round with it so it’s something you could get used to. I’ve dialled the tension back to the second stop and it feels perfect so I’m sticking with that for the time being. I haven’t tried it yet on any shooter games so the trigger stops haven’t been used but I would imagine they would work very well. The whole controller swing feels very smooth though. I have tried a few rounds with the master clubs and I’m definitely getting more P/P downswing which is a good start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »
Thanks Merace and Leslie for your summaries.  I'm away for a few days so it's hard to keep plugged in here, but keep the reports coming.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 07:25:49 PM »
I almost pulled the trigger then read that. If it makes the game easier I don't want it.

Will await your review JC.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 12:22:32 AM »
I almost pulled the trigger then read that. If it makes the game easier I don't want it.

Will await your review JC.

You have 3 stick tension settings:

1. Least tension (Xbox One)

2. More tension

3. Most tension

So, if you don’t want it to play easy just choose option 1.  :)

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 11:38:41 AM »

2. More tension

3. Most tension

Are you sticking with Max tension now?  Does it not take some of your putting touch away?  I found that to be the case when I use the higher tension on the later XBox One controllers, that offered two tension levels.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »

2. More tension

3. Most tension

Are you sticking with Max tension now?  Does it not take some of your putting touch away?  I found that to be the case when I use the higher tension on the later XBox One controllers, that offered two tension levels.

I’ve been going back and forth with the stick tension settings.  I think I’ll probably settle on 2. More tension setting for a better putting experience.

-MERACE

Stokie

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 07:47:04 AM »
does it pass the fair play metrics

leslie.sangster

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 08:08:30 AM »
does it pass the fair play metrics
The line on my game is no straighter so it should do and I used it this week on CC-B and my scores are still on the leaderboard.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »
The line on my game is no straighter so it should do and I used it this week on CC-B and my scores are still on the leaderboard.

Do you find it easier to regulate your tempo with the Elite 2?  If so, what tension setting lends itself best to tempo management, in your opinion?
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »

Do you find it easier to regulate your tempo with the Elite 2?  If so, what tension setting lends itself best to tempo management, in your opinion?
The first setting is the same as the original Elite the third setting is supposedly the same feel as an Xbox 360 pad I use the middle one. If I use my original Elite for a round then switch to the new one I can feel the difference.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »
The first setting is the same as the original Elite the third setting is supposedly the same feel as an Xbox 360 pad I use the middle one. If I use my original Elite for a round then switch to the new one I can feel the difference.

Thanks for that information, and it sounds like you and MERACE are using the same tension on your Elite 2... I'm almost ready to drive to Wally World and pick one up.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 01:46:12 PM »

Thanks for that information, and it sounds like you and MERACE are using the same tension on your Elite 2... I'm almost ready to drive to Wally World and pick one up.
Before you do that there have been a couple of problems reported (google them) buttons sticking but it could be only a small percentage. There are a number of other settings you can do using software in the controller app but I’ve not tried them yet so I don’t know what they do exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 01:56:07 PM »
Before you do that there have been a couple of problems reported (google them) buttons sticking but it could be only a small percentage. There are a number of other settings you can do using software in the controller app but I’ve not tried them yet so I don’t know what they do exactly.

I've read of the sticking button reports.  Yeah, you'd think you wouldn't have to worry about that on at $180 controller.  All of my XBox One controllers, even my Elite before its left trigger went totally belly up, had sticking buttons.  I cleaned them with denatured alcohol and/or paper occasionally and that fixes them for a couple of days.  Sadly, I've come to accept that as a right of passage. :-\
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 02:15:14 PM »

I've read of the sticking button reports.  Yeah, you'd think you wouldn't have to worry about that on at $180 controller.  All of my XBox One controllers, even my Elite before its left trigger went totally belly up, had sticking buttons.  I cleaned them with denatured alcohol and/or paper occasionally and that fixes them for a couple of days.  Sadly, I've come to accept that as a right of passage. :-\
I have never had the problems others have reported with the first Elite controller maybe I don’t play as much as some but I doubt it. I played the golf club nearly every day and Elite Dangerous and a host of other games. Stick drift, rubbers coming off the handles I’ve never see any of that. I hope that continues with the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash