Elite 2 controller & TGC 2019

• 82 Replies

garyrobertdunn@gmail.com

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 05:32:06 PM »
I almost pulled the trigger then read that. If it makes the game easier I don't want it.

Will await your review JC.

You have 3 stick tension settings:

1. Least tension (Xbox One)

2. More tension

3. Most tension

So, if you don’t want it to play easy just choose option 1.  :)

-MERACE

I don't want "easy" either, but I'd like an xbox controller that would level the playing field with the PS4.  The recently concluded TST True Sim event,
 (Nedbank Challenge) the top 22 golfers play PS4. 

leslie.sangster

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 06:35:31 PM »
The new Elite controller doesn’t necessarily make the game easier on a scoring level but it might level the playing field tempo wise, I’ve played a couple of tournaments with mine now and I’m still not getting a top 25 place so it’s not improved my game significantly. That could just be that I’m ****e anyway, my good scores are more just down to improvements in my putting technique.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2019, 02:32:03 PM »
The new Elite controller doesn’t necessarily make the game easier on a scoring level but it might level the playing field tempo wise, I’ve played a couple of tournaments with mine now and I’m still not getting a top 25 place so it’s not improved my game significantly. That could just be that I’m ****e anyway, my good scores are more just down to improvements in my putting technique.

I scored better with my Elite 1 controller before it went belly-up, and that was mostly because I could regulate the tempo more consistently.  Leslie, would you, or any other Elite 2 owner after this much time say you are getting more consistent tempo results?

The earliest I could get an Elite 2 controller at this point would be the 26th if I was to order one, not that this is really that pressing a factor right now.  I'm just curious to see how they're serving you guys who play TGC 2019 with it.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Hari420

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 03:20:21 PM »
Check local Walmart, they seem to have at least two in stock each week!

leslie.sangster

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 03:49:10 PM »

I scored better with my Elite 1 controller before it went belly-up, and that was mostly because I could regulate the tempo more consistently.  Leslie, would you, or any other Elite 2 owner after this much time say you are getting more consistent tempo results?

The earliest I could get an Elite 2 controller at this point would be the 26th if I was to order one, not that this is really that pressing a factor right now.  I'm just curious to see how they're serving you guys who play TGC 2019 with it.
JC it’s the best legal controller I’ve owned for playing this game. It feels much smoother and I’m almost ready to play the main tours with master clubs. So far I’ve played all my tournaments with the pro clubs and I’m lucky if I get one or two off tempo swings, I do play some all Xbox societies with the master clubs and I’m scoring pretty well. I’ve only once actually written down how my shots were in a round, that particular round I only had 8 off tempo shots that’s counting full shots not chips. I’m playing with the new Xbox version 2 controller just as it comes out of the box no messing with the stick profiles apart from turning the tension up to 2. This week I’ve had one of my best results on the tours 36 under for the four rounds that could also be down to my putting which has improved a lot but the swing is so smooth with this controller. My opinion if your on Xbox buy one.
Edit: yes my tempo is more consistent.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »
Check local Walmart, they seem to have at least two in stock each week!

I just checked my local Walmart and they finally show stock on them.  I won't be able to pick one up until Wednesday though, but I've been patient this long!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2019, 08:29:22 AM »
JC it’s the best legal controller I’ve owned for playing this game. It feels much smoother and I’m almost ready to play the main tours with master clubs. So far I’ve played all my tournaments with the pro clubs and I’m lucky if I get one or two off tempo swings, I do play some all Xbox societies with the master clubs and I’m scoring pretty well. I’ve only once actually written down how my shots were in a round, that particular round I only had 8 off tempo shots that’s counting full shots not chips. I’m playing with the new Xbox version 2 controller just as it comes out of the box no messing with the stick profiles apart from turning the tension up to 2. This week I’ve had one of my best results on the tours 36 under for the four rounds that could also be down to my putting which has improved a lot but the swing is so smooth with this controller. My opinion if your on Xbox buy one.
Edit: yes my tempo is more consistent.

You completely sold me with this post Leslie... I'll be picking one up on Wednesday, provided they still have them in stock at Walmart.  I won't actually get to try it out until Sunday evening though.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 11:11:27 AM »
One quick question do you still get any power fade shots, the reason i'm asking is because i get alot of those in my rounds .

leslie.sangster

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »
One quick question do you still get any power fade shots, the reason i'm asking is because i get alot of those in my rounds .
The power fade is the result of a slow downswing and yes you still get those but the controller is a lot smoother than some. It doesn’t eliminate tempo issues completely.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »
I get less off tempo shots with master clubs than I did before, doesn’t completely eliminate them but cuts them down a lot.

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2019, 02:40:40 PM »
I've been seeing alot of bad reviews about the controller with sticky buttons has anyone had any problems with their controller because i'm skeptical about spending that kind of money for a controller that is faulty.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »
I've been seeing alot of bad reviews about the controller with sticky buttons has anyone had any problems with their controller because i'm skeptical about spending that kind of money for a controller that is faulty.
Not had a problem with mine yet and I have read the reviews but I’ve only used it so far for the golf club as I have a fairly new 1st gen Elite for my other games.

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2019, 11:56:45 AM »
Wel l i picked one up this morning from walmart , and a slight improvement but still alot of slow down swings and a few very slows, my putting feels a little better and my scores are a few shots lesser.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
Wel l i picked one up this morning from walmart , and a slight improvement but still alot of slow down swings and a few very slows, my putting feels a little better and my scores are a few shots lesser.

From what I'm reading and hearing, make sure you try all three stick tension settings as far as possibly regulating the tempo more consistently.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2019, 03:23:59 PM »
 I'm not impressed with the new controller at all in fact i get more slow down swings then my other controller.

space-cash