Elite 2 controller & TGC 2019

• 82 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »
I'm finding it harder and harder to hit "perfect/perfect" tempo in this game on my XBox One X and stock XBox One controller.  I'm wondering if it's more my eroding gaming skills (I just turned 65 two months ago), or is there something going on with the timing based on network conditions?  I hit two "Perfect/Very Slow" tempos in one round last night, and neither of them "felt" any different than my normal swing.

I'm bringing this up in this thread because I am planning on buying a new, Elite 2 controller next month, and I'm just curious to learn if any of you who are playing this game with an Elite 2 controller are experiencing anything like what I'm describing?  I'm getting the overall impression that most TGC 2019 XBox One players are finding that their tempo results are more consistent with the Elite 2.  I know I certainly had more consistent tempo results with my Elite 1 controller, before it went belly-up.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »
Love the game on sim mode with everything I have turned off but getting tired of the tempo issues. Will play great for a while then all of sudden slow backswing or VF DS start coming back but I'm doing nothing different. I have played long enough to know it's not my swing. I definitely see it more in societies events which have zombies all over the course. Which are affecting the FPS. I see way more stutter and lag when playing society events vs live private matches.

Need a option to turn the clowns off. Never understood the whole point of crowds in competitive golf games. They serve zero purpose. Then again people play with tracers and zoom to aim so o guess it adds to the clownish atmosphere.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2019, 06:08:31 PM »
Some people need the validation of the clowns.......

Personally I would rather see the resources utilized elsewhere in the game.... same goes for the concession tents, grandstands, and camera towers.  They’re all ugly, I’ve never seen them look good and add anything to a course with the  possible exception of one that I disguised and made into a kids treehouse.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

FRSTDWN

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2019, 04:08:39 PM »
It's like the rain in this game . It does nothing for gameplay minus drop FPS. If you could hit spectators and they didn't look horrible then I'm fine with it. Same goes for rain. If affects gameplay then game on.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2020, 10:49:42 AM »
Love the game on sim mode with everything I have turned off but getting tired of the tempo issues. Will play great for a while then all of sudden slow backswing or VF DS start coming back but I'm doing nothing different. I have played long enough to know it's not my swing. I definitely see it more in societies events which have zombies all over the course. Which are affecting the FPS. I see way more stutter and lag when playing society events vs live private matches.

Need a option to turn the clowns off. Never understood the whole point of crowds in competitive golf games. They serve zero purpose. Then again people play with tracers and zoom to aim so o guess it adds to the clownish atmosphere.

If nothing else, I'd like to see a performance mode (1080p 60 FPS) mode offered for TGC 2019. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to play TGC 2019 in 1080p @ 60 FPS, than 4K @30 FPS.  That *might* not get rid of the stutter and lag problems you're describing, but I think it would at least give you a chance to minimize them to some degree. 

Also, there's no excuse for a (hypothetical) TGC 2021 to not support a 4K/60 FPS mode for the XBox Series X.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2020, 10:56:28 AM »
It's like the rain in this game . It does nothing for gameplay minus drop FPS. If you could hit spectators and they didn't look horrible then I'm fine with it. Same goes for rain. If affects gameplay then game on.

If the rain had the expected effect on the game, it would be easier to digest.  What's funny is, it still subconsciously affects my brain, and when I'm hitting a putt on fast greens, I'll still put more power into it, thinking the rain is going to slow the pace a bit.  I'm going to have to measure the difference in frame rate on the PC version, with and without rain now that you've brought this up.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2020, 03:46:53 PM »
I finally bought an Elite 2 controller last week and played with it in default settings until today.  I have found a setup that works considerably better for me than default (which on the Elite 2 is like the stock XBox One controller).  I changed the swing stick (which is the left stick for me) tension to 2 (the middle setting) and I went with the "Instant" Sensitivity curve and wound up getting the most consistent "tempo" results by moving the curve response slider 2 clicks to the left of default.

This causes the club to respond quicker to your backswing initiation, but once you're 15 to 20% of the way into the swing it evens out and feels normal from there on out.  It's helping me a good bit with chipping as well.  I'm getting much more consistent response there.  I'd guess I was getting "perfect/perfect" tempo about 30% of the time using my 'truest' stock XBox One controller, whereas now with the settings above it's more like 50 to 60% of the time.

The middle level stick tension on the swing stick is allowing me to track the swing path better with greater fidelity, but I'd say it hurts my putting sensitivity just a bit.  It's going to take a good bit of work for me to get around that, but my putting skills have eroded so much over the last half year or so that I'm willing to try something new.

I just love the quality feel and weight of the Elite 2.  It's a little bit smaller than the Elite, but I've already adjusted to that.  I do know I wouldn't want it any smaller though.  I'm pleased with the Elite 2 in all the games with which I've tried it.  It's helped me most in Rocket League, although Elite Dangerous isn't far behind.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2020, 06:49:31 PM »
Glad to hear you’re happy with your swing now. Enjoy the new controller !!!
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2020, 08:07:43 PM »
Glad to hear you’re happy with your swing now. Enjoy the new controller !!!

Thanks RMD, but I'm not quite $179.99 happy with it yet.  I'll eventually carve out enough utils of satisfaction out of it to be able to say that... I hope.  It really is making everything feel more visceral though.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2020, 11:30:07 PM »
Ouch.... yeah, that’s a hefty tag.....  I think my Elite 1 was like $140.  But then I think of all the money I’ve spent on building a new PC mainly for this game and........  I do love my controller though.....
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2020, 11:15:23 AM »
Ouch.... yeah, that’s a hefty tag.....  I think my Elite 1 was like $140.  But then I think of all the money I’ve spent on building a new PC mainly for this game and........  I do love my controller though.....

I don't recall the Elite having an "Instant" sensitivity curve like I'm using now with the "2".  Do you see that option on your Elite?
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2020, 11:20:04 AM »

I don't recall the Elite having an "Instant" sensitivity curve like I'm using now with the "2".  Do you see that option on your Elite?
Yes the original Elite controller had an instant sensitivity curve I didn’t use it through, I set mine up originally on smooth hoping it would smooth the swing out but it didn’t help that much. I might need to try the instant one on my new controller

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
I never messed with any settings, so however it was set from the factory.
It works great for me whatever that is......
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 01:43:32 PM »
Yes the original Elite controller had an instant sensitivity curve I didn’t use it through, I set mine up originally on smooth hoping it would smooth the swing out but it didn’t help that much. I might need to try the instant one on my new controller.

The only other curve I tried with my original Elite controller was "Smooth".  I found that it made it more difficult to manage the tempo, so I went back to default and was doing great with the Elite in default, until it went belly-up in August of last year.  It was like the left trigger was being pulled all the time, and nothing I could see internally was causing it.  I had successfully replaced the shoulder button mechanism on that same controller, two years earlier.

I scaled back the "instant" curve to the second mark from the left on its adjustment scale to get the response I wanted.  It's effect was too strong and too long lasting in the default adjustment setting of 4 marks from the left, and I was getting to many "fast/very fast" results using it.  This will vary from gamer to gamer though, so be prepared to experiment, especially since there are 8 response curve tunes that can be used in each curve.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2020, 01:50:06 PM »
I never messed with any settings, so however it was set from the factory.
It works great for me whatever that is......

I never had to mess with the settings on my original Elite controller either, although I did try it with "Smooth" for a little while.  It was harder to regulate tempo with it though.  I think there's a curve called "Default", which no doubt is what you're using. 

I'm going to be honest with you Dan; if I could have my original Elite controller back, and fully operational, I'd prefer it over the Elite 2.  It's a little bigger and feels better in my basketball palmable sized hands, plus in its default settings, I was getting more consistent tempo control than I'm now getting in my adjusted "Instant" curve setup with the Elite 2.  I think I'll continue to improve with it, but I might need to go back to the #1 tension setting on the swing stick.  I tend to overpower putts with the #2 tension settings.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash