Elite 2 controller & TGC 2019

• 59 Replies

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2019, 03:23:59 PM »
 I'm not impressed with the new controller at all in fact i get more slow down swings then my other controller.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2019, 04:15:16 PM »
I'm not impressed with the new controller at all in fact i get more slow down swings then my other controller.

My new Elite 2 controller has helped me to make more putts than my stock Xbox One controller.

I also mostly get PP tempo and on extremely rare occasions I get slow down swings. When I do, it’s mainly when I just flick the stick forward instead of pushing it to the end. 😕

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2019, 11:29:36 AM »

My new Elite 2 controller has helped me to make more putts than my stock Xbox One controller.

I also mostly get PP tempo and on extremely rare occasions I get slow down swings. When I do, it’s mainly when I just flick the stick forward instead of pushing it to the end. 😕

Thanks for posting this Mark.  After reading BTM-Dairyman's post above yours, I was almost dissuaded from buying an Elite 2.  I then when back and read some more opinions on it with TGC 19 and is seems that at least 3 out of 4 gamers are getting what they deem to be more satisfying performance out out of the Elite 2 than their standard controller.  Your opinion backs it up with details I can relate to and chew on.

I thought I was boing to be buying one Saturday, but my Thanksgiving travel turned out to be more extensive than planned.  I'm hoping to score a deal on one today, Cyber Monday!   Thanks again for posting this 8)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2019, 04:12:19 PM »
I tried my sons E2 and did not like the feel of it at all compared to my scuf elite. It is lighter and the grips are not very good. My hand slipped a couple times on the driving range. That alone made me not spend anymore time with it. Plus as I said before the scuf has the paddles going vertical and instead of horizontal which is much better imop.  The scuf just feels much better in my hands. 

I was going to mess around with the stick sensitivity but I could never find it. Where is the option to change that? I went to edit -right stick but never saw that option.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

leslie.sangster

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2019, 05:08:43 PM »
I tried my sons E2 and did not like the feel of it at all compared to my scuf elite. It is lighter and the grips are not very good. My hand slipped a couple times on the driving range. That alone made me not spend anymore time with it. Plus as I said before the scuf has the paddles going vertical and instead of horizontal which is much better imop.  The scuf just feels much better in my hands. 

I was going to mess around with the stick sensitivity but I could never find it. Where is the option to change that? I went to edit -right stick but never saw that option.
I don’t think you need to alter any stick profiles except tension I’m currently using the second tension which is just about right for me the rest of the setting are stock out of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2019, 06:10:26 PM »

From what I see, you pull the magnetically attached thumbstick off the post and take a "key" that they give you with the kit and adjust it from 9 o-clock (weakest tension), 12 o-clock (medium), and 3 o-clock (strongest).  You can adjust the tension on each stick individually.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2019, 06:18:19 PM »
Ahh ok. Thanks.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

leslie.sangster

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »
Ahh ok. Thanks.
The lightest setting is the same as the original Xbox one controller the second is a bit stiffer and the third is supposed to feel the same as the original Xbox 360 sticks but I found it a bit to much tension for the putting.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2019, 09:36:53 PM »
Ahh ok. Thanks.
The lightest setting is the same as the original Xbox one controller the second is a bit stiffer and the third is supposed to feel the same as the original Xbox 360 sticks but I found it a bit to much tension for the putting.

After trying the different stick tension settings I currently have it set it on the middle tension setting (12 o'clock).  However, since it's so quick and easy to change the stick settings, I may keep it on the stiffest tension setting (3 o'clock) and then change it to the middle tension setting (12 o'clock) for putting.  ;)

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
After trying the different stick tension settings I currently have it set it on the middle tension setting (12 o'clock).  However, since it's so quick and easy to change the stick settings, I may keep it on the stiffest tension setting (3 o'clock) and then change it to the middle tension setting (12 o'clock) for putting.  ;)

Do you find it easier to regulate tempo with the 3 o'clock (stiffest) setting?  I'm having more trouble with tempo regulation than I am staying on the swing path with my stock controllers.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2019, 01:22:40 AM »
Do you find it easier to regulate tempo with the 3 o'clock (stiffest) setting?  I'm having more trouble with tempo regulation than I am staying on the swing path with my stock controllers.

It is a little harder to regulate tempo with the 3 o'clock setting.  However, for me, I have more problem staying on swing path than regulating tempo.

-MERACE

Stokie

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2019, 04:46:06 AM »
scuf elite is this a legal controller and is the the tension stronger than the xbox one

FRSTDWN

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2019, 03:31:15 PM »
Scuf elite is just a MS elite controller with a better paddle and grip design.  It actually made the swing harder for me as compared to the MS stock controller.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Stokie

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
cheers i do like a bit of tension in the thumb stick when i play TGC the son is having the Elite 2 at xmas might just give that a try see if its worth the expense

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »
I've decided to postpone my purchase of an Elite 2 until January.  If I could repair my Elite 1 such that it doesn't think the left trigger is being pulled all the time, I'd be perfectly content with it.  I've had it apart but can't identify what's causing the problem.  I've had to replace the left and right shoulder button mechanism in that controller and that went well, but this left trigger issue is out of my purview!  :-\
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash