What happened to A*G* lidar?

• 19 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: November 11, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »
I thought the treeless lidar version was being tested last i saw.  Abandoned? 
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 02:57:45 PM »
Only Lidar i know what was released was by CLV of the plot of land.Only a couple of trees on it.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 05:50:37 PM »
Only Lidar i know what was released was by CLV of the plot of land.Only a couple of trees on it.
Is there any way to view the plot of land to see what it looks like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:25:00 AM »
Is there any way to view the plot of land to see what it looks like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Course is playable just feels very different without the trees,if you look under CLV's courses you see it ANGC.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 12:30:33 PM »
So .. will it ever get completed?
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Yeltzman

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 01:06:26 PM »
I have no idea you could message the designer,only problem i see would you work days/months on a course then see it deleted or can't find it on server.When you think already 2 fantastic versions there.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:09:48 PM by Yeltzman »

AndersNM

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 02:01:24 PM »
I have no idea you could message the designer,only problem i see would you work days/months on a course then see it deleted or can't find it on server.When you think already 2 fantastic versions there.

I think ANGC standpoint is that no game is to have a version of their course unless they have a license. So, until HB or 2K gets a license, no ANGC is going to be created - since the course will get either deleted or censored.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »
Perhaps the designer could email you a copy of their coursefile and then you could load it into the designer on your computer?  I know that this is possible because I emailed the files for Weymiss Bay and Beaumont Crossing to HB when they were making 2019
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 10:27:01 AM »

that's a good point but, would it get deleted if It were named something like Georgia National Golf Club?  we do have two good *** versions ,  I agree.  but, they are hard to find under a search and having **** as a name looks stupid for such great efforts.
   after thinking a bit, I'll bet that's how HB appeased ANGC after telling them that removing a course might mess with their servers/ database somehow.  not a pc expert, just guessing.    maybe augusta wants in for the next version.  thegolfclub is building in success.  '19 did attract a pga announcer part time and, an official license.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:32:41 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

AndersNM

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 02:27:00 PM »

that's a good point but, would it get deleted if It were named something like Georgia National Golf Club?  we do have two good *** versions ,  I agree.  but, they are hard to find under a search and having **** as a name looks stupid for such great efforts.
   after thinking a bit, I'll bet that's how HB appeased ANGC after telling them that removing a course might mess with their servers/ database somehow.  not a pc expert, just guessing.    maybe augusta wants in for the next version.  thegolfclub is building in success.  '19 did attract a pga announcer part time and, an official license.

No better than Magnolia. As far as I have read of c&d from ANGC - this is pretty common, unless you have license from them. So it is speculation since HB has censored more names - like Azelea, but my guess is that they want to cover all and not take any chances. That means that any new version is also going to be censored or deleted - as far as I know, Royce´s version is deleted, so that can happen if they don´t want to censor the names. If you sum up, nobody is going to put any effort in making this course..

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 02:51:36 PM »
So even if the created course is named something completely different, an ANGC course would probably get deleted.   Hmm.amazing one course has so much power . Makes you wonder how the "if noones promoting or making money off of the course its ok"  theory really holds up

And how do words like azalea and magnolia get censored? They're just plants. Is there a famous course named azalea something?  Maybe next time HB could provide a list of unacceptable words.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:54:36 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

neilwilkes

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 07:57:22 AM »
It definitely smacks of an arrangement for the next edition of the game to me, otherwise why bother?
What I do NOT agree with under any circumstances is banning names of bloody plants though - nobody owns the rights to the name "Magnolia", or any other plant name.

AndersNM

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 08:44:38 AM »
It definitely smacks of an arrangement for the next edition of the game to me, otherwise why bother?
What I do NOT agree with under any circumstances is banning names of bloody plants though - nobody owns the rights to the name "Magnolia", or any other plant name.

I can´t see that this is anything but a c&d from ANGC. There is no indication of a deal - it may of course be that HB want a deal to include ANGC and the masters in the next edition, but that may also not be the case. As for the flower names - ANGC has trademark for the use of Azalea as a ****tail, and Magnolia Lane Collection - which is clothing. I think that HB just censor these names just to be on the safe side, but I can´t believe ANGC would win in a court on these names though. But without a statement from HB on this, we can´t know for sure.

rjackson17

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 01:24:44 AM »
I want you guys go to https://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/pgcourses.php?sort=latest!! This is for JNPG!! You can download and play on this Real Golf Course at anytime!! You not see Any Comments or Any Complaints about Any of The Real Courses that are being made!! So what is the Complaints for!! Who Cares about Copyrights!! If you want to complaint about Real Course go over to this website and complain to them!!

neilwilkes

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
I want you guys go to https://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/pgcourses.php?sort=latest!! This is for JNPG!! You can download and play on this Real Golf Course at anytime!! You not see Any Comments or Any Complaints about Any of The Real Courses that are being made!! So what is the Complaints for!! Who Cares about Copyrights!! If you want to complaint about Real Course go over to this website and complain to them!!

Out of sheer curiosity, is this the Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf game?
It's cheap enough and I am tempted, given the utter lack of input from HB these days making it seem to me that they simply do not care.

space-cash