PGA Tour event stats?

• 8 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: November 23, 2019, 09:50:03 PM »
Now there are no event stats for PGA Tour mode?  Id like to show you a picture of all the zeros but the forum attachment feature isnt working from my cell phone post.  This is in q-school
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:58:21 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 09:56:46 PM »
Okay, so now once i advance to the web.com tour the stats show up for q-school???  Strange.  So if i play the web.com tour will my stats be there or not? Or will they not be there after finishing a round but show up later? 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:58:44 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

HB_AshleyH

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 04:29:05 PM »
The Statistic tab in the career only displays stats for the season you are currently playing.

You can press LT (or F1 on PC) which will display a menu allowing you to see historic stats for previous season or your whole career.

Pressing the same button on the Schedule tab will allow you to view past seasons events (and their stats) as well.
Senior Game Designer

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 07:28:05 PM »
Yeah. I know how to view past season stats.   . at the completion of a round in pga tour mode the stats for the just completed round always showed up before as event stats .  Now they dont.  I will check back in again soon as i just reset my pga career and am back in q school . 9 holes in before work this morning.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:31:05 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 11:21:27 AM »
Ok finished q school round this morning.  And after thr round you get this page to see event stats, rate the course, view leaderboard.  This is where just a week or two ago you could click on event stats and check your fir/gir and other aspects of your round.   Now granted once you hit advance you can click on past seasons and see your stats for q school.  Getting ready to start the web tour. So we'll see how this is playing out in a six round tour.  I hope the stats show.   
   I would like to see points for the a.i.players in a faux fedex cup points race but, we'll see.   Also for the next game,  pairings against ghost a.i. players  actually seeing their round play out would be really good for career immersion
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:23:00 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 08:42:04 AM »
okay Ashley and HB crew.   Im reporting back after finishing my first round on the web.com tour.
  I am very happy to report that the event stats show immediately following the round and all of my a.i. players were awarded points equivalent to the place that they finished for the first tournament of the six round web.com schedule.
excellent!!!   this is very positive and, gives an immersive feeling.
   now,  moving forward...  would it be possible to have pairings and,  a ghost ball for your pairing in the career mode?  think how this would make the PGA and Solo career mode just that much more immersive.   I don't know if you can program that or not. 
   one negative, (and this is an old one)  I did hit 100% of my fairways with mediumish winds.  something still needs to be addressed about the accuracy off of the tee.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:30:49 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Martbloke

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 12:57:32 PM »
There is a lot of things that needs to be fixed and implemented for career mode IMO to push that step further forwards. A few listed below:

Fixes:
- Points are a bit bugged. At the end of the regular season just before the play-offs, I went in and changed the top 125 players name by adding in their FedEx cup points position to it. When I played the 1st play-off tourney, players without a number (i.e. finished outside the top 125) were playing in place of some that were in the top 125 - not just the last few places but some as high up as inside the top 75 were not included throughout the play-offs.
- Qualification into tournaments should not be by the money list. I can earn money but not making the cut which then allows me to qualify for an event. I think it should all be points based and no points earned if you are cut.
- Cannot see the entry requirements for an event at all!
- Cut lines need fixing - doesn't show the correct cut line until you are on the last few holes

Changes/Improvements:
- Separate all conditions, tees, etc from difficulty. Difficulty should be scoring related and I should be able to play from the back tees, in calm conditions but super hard greens, using medium difficulty for scoring or play from the front tees, in very high winds and soft conditions on Hard
- Add in a AI partner to play with that works similar to me playing a ghost ball. Heck you could then program it to randomly use 1 our ghost balls as the AI partner's round the more everyone plays it to really make it authentic and not have each round similar to their previous.
- Celebrations, trophy/cheque presentation, more immersive atmosphere to build the tension of gunning for a tournament win or bombing at the bottom in a rut
- Make it easier to see what type of tournament a future event is in the season - cannot see this until the event is your current event
- Add in position placed/score in the season overview section to see easier how you've done through the season
- Add in the FedEx Cup points and money earned onto the final leaderboard and event stats so that you can look back at an event and see what you earned when last played
- Functionality to see cut lines or target positions needed to be able to qualify for the next event, major or play-offs on the leaderboard. Would be great if I needed a top 20 finish for the last event to make the play-offs as things stood, but as the event unfolds and others faltering around me, I only need to finish in the top 30 for instance - similar to the actual broadcast of predicted FedEx Cup positions as they play. Commentary also to play into this to get you pumped or determined.

Just a few ideas as run out of time but there are so many more.

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Martbloke.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »
just finished the sand dune classic,  the 2nd of the 6 round web.com season and immediately following the event the event stats again were all zeros.   when looking at my stats for the tour though this 2nd round did combine with the 1st round for overall stats.   I guess it works sometimes and, sometimes it doesn't. 
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

space-cash