Thanks HB!

• 30 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: November 27, 2019, 04:19:59 PM »
I have been with you guys since the beginning and even though I know you guys in Canada don't share the same Thanksgiving date as we do in USA I want say thanks for working hard and creating the greatest game I've ever played in my lifetime and that is saying alot since I've been playing since video games since1977 as an 7 year old kid with an Atari 2600.

Long live HB studios and the great King Kyne!
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Jumping Jimmy 362

• I’m getting better, I’m hitting fewer spectators
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 08:42:36 PM »
I second that comment, I still play this game everyday, I find it's very relaxing to play with a ghost, mine or a stranger's.  Been playing golf games since the very beginning "Mean Green 18" and then "Links" were the first two.  I was a 3 click fan until I purchased this.  It's not perfect, most of the folks I played online with have moved on to other games and there are fewer quality courses being created, but I still enjoy playing ones from the beginning.  We also should be thankful for all the great designers out there that spend hundreds of hours to produce the masterpieces we get to play on for no extra cost.  Like everyone else I do wish HB would give us some indication of their intentions.  Can't think of another game I've played as much as this one.  This is definitely a game to be thankful for, thanks HB for countless hours of enjoyment.  Here's hoping there is another golf game arriving sooner than we think.  Now, that's what I would really be thankful for.
May thy ball lie in green pastures, and not in still waters.

Xbox One X
Xbox Elite Controller

Leicester Duck

• If Only.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 05:47:05 AM »
     I will third that, easily the best golf game ever. What I can't understand is all the moaning on the forum, if they can find a better golf game then go and get it.
     I for one don't want a TGC2020 then in maybe another 12 months or so bring out a game with all the I's dotted and the T's crossed.
     So let's just play a great game ad enjoy it.
Real Courses I have Designed.
Forest Hill (national Forest)
Forest Hill 2019
Weston Park Municipal 1910 to 2015
Park Hill Golf Club(Seagrave) 1994 to 2018
Tamworth GC 1975 to 2014

pozbaird

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 06:20:48 AM »
Have had so much enjoyment out of this game - thanks to the course designer and the efforts of the talented designers who continue to create new, challenging, and fresh courses. I have favourited so many, and set up my own tour, featuring favourites, my own courses, and new ones that I learn about on here. Also enjoy checking the playcount on my own courses, and on my latest one ‘Sports City Las Vegas’, enjoy taking on the ghosts. Hoping for a push towards handicap status on that one!

What’s this ‘thanksgiving’ though? No sign of that here, just another cold, wet, November day!
My courses:

Sport City Las Vegas
Desierto Parque Central
The Geometric
Gofritt Golf Club 2019
The 2112 Club
Mona Vale Lakes
Dee Why Golf Club

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 03:59:02 PM »
Thanks J.E!   To all who are celebrating Thanksgiving today, enjoy all the good food and time with your families/loved ones.

We are thankful for the amazing and passionate community that plays TGC.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
You're welcome!  As much grief that HB gets on this forum I think it's important to note that all of us got more than our monies worth for sure..  I'm really looking forward to the future as I know there will be one when the time is right.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

DaveLzi7

• Just shot a 59, now it's off to the back 9
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »
I have tendinitis in my hands, so playing the real game is pretty much over for me. I think the club would go farther then the ball. Thank god for golf video games. I play several different ones but TGC 2019 is by far my favorite. Satisfies my craving to play golf. Like was mentioned above, I too remember playing Mean 18, World Class Leaderboard and then the EA Sports golf games on the Commodore 64, the Amiga and PC and the game consoles. It's amazing how far video golf games have come since then, although they were a blast to play at the time.

Lions67

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 01:19:56 AM »
I’m so thankful to FINALLY seeing a positive thread about HB and their MASTERPIECE, TGC 2019 FEATURING the PGA.
There has been no other game, not EA’s NHL, MADDEN, FIFA. Not SAN Diego Studios MLB The Show...not even COD that has had me play more hours than this game. I paid 50 bucks for this and have well over 1000 hrs played easily.
That’s true value, real tangible value. I’m still playing it and will continue u TIL the next version. But I’m not crying for a new game, with the designers making quality courses daily, this game will always be fresh.
THANK YOU HB for this game, there is nothing like it, especially in the sports genre.
 Bravo!

Please make an NHL game. Show EA how it’s done. :)

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »
I agree completely....  TGC2019 may not be perfect, but it’s still Amazing.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Nickha74

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
Thanks HB for charging full price a year ago for a half ready game that you completely abandoned within months. Then to follow it up give out absolutely no news for the future of the franchise.

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »
Thanks HB for charging full price a year ago for a half ready game that you completely abandoned within months. Then to follow it up give out absolutely no news for the future of the franchise.
i completely agree with your statement, we were duped by hbstudios and therefore i'm giving up on hbstudios for whatever they do.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »
I would like to have seen HB continue with the hinted at possibiity of releasing a game (tgc '19) followed by a dlc model but A) they singned up with 2k and that prob. Doesnt fly with them and, B) would we the players financially support that model?  I would but, from what ive read not everyone would be on board.   So we get a quick add on followed by a long wait for a successive game release.    I think thats why we are where we are
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 06:40:40 PM »
i completely agree with your statement, we were duped by hbstudios and therefore i'm giving up on hbstudios for whatever they do.

They duped you and you're still here.?

Still waiting on you to give up on them.  ;)   ::)

Jumping Jimmy 362

• I’m getting better, I’m hitting fewer spectators
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 07:31:16 PM »
Bravo, my thoughts exactly.  I suppose haters love to hate.  I can't count on both hands how many games I bought last year and was disappointed.  GUESS WHAT - I MOVED ON.  I forgot about the games that disappointed me and kept playing this one.  This game must have an attraction to these guys or they would not keep visiting this forum and making negitive comments, unbelieveable.  If you don't like this game, move on.  Continuing to bash HB and this game does nothing, move on.  This game is not perfect and I so wish we had another game this year and yes I wish HB would give us some positive news.  They haven't and it doesn't look like they will.  Life goes on.  In the meantime I will still enjoy this game because it's all we got on any system.  HB will provide us with another game that will blow this one out of the water, I truly believe that.  Bashing them at every turn will not do anyone any good.  You have choices in this world, if you don't like HB, MOVE ON!!!  I'm waiting for you to give up on them too.
May thy ball lie in green pastures, and not in still waters.

Xbox One X
Xbox Elite Controller

kabeeo

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 07:53:36 PM »
Bravo, my thoughts exactly.  I suppose haters love to hate.  I can't count on both hands how many games I bought last year and was disappointed.  GUESS WHAT - I MOVED ON.  I forgot about the games that disappointed me and kept playing this one.  This game must have an attraction to these guys or they would not keep visiting this forum and making negitive comments, unbelieveable.  If you don't like this game, move on.  Continuing to bash HB and this game does nothing, move on.  This game is not perfect and I so wish we had another game this year and yes I wish HB would give us some positive news.  They haven't and it doesn't look like they will.  Life goes on.  In the meantime I will still enjoy this game because it's all we got on any system.  HB will provide us with another game that will blow this one out of the water, I truly believe that.  Bashing them at every turn will not do anyone any good.  You have choices in this world, if you don't like HB, MOVE ON!!!  I'm waiting for you to give up on them too.

What he said!!  :D

space-cash