Thanks HB!

• 30 Replies

Celtic wolf

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 08:09:38 PM »
Thanks HB for creating this game, the price of the game is nothing compared to the longevity of it. It's gave a lot of designers a platform to create a countless amount of courses which in turn keeps the game fresh. I know there are a few issues with the game but which game hasn't had issues. The courses at player's disposal in the game would amount to a helluva lot of DLC in other games, and I know it's the community that have came up with them but you have provided them with the tools so they are able to.
TGC 2019 Courses

Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

Leicester Duck

• If Only.
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 05:50:34 AM »
It would be great if all the moaners left. Just like Brexit. :-X
Slower your swing down to a blur.

Stokie

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 08:02:38 AM »
i love this game despite it's faults never miss a day playing it except when i am on my hols
i can easily wait for the next instalment to be released hopefully on the next gen console

lrvenable

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 09:17:08 AM »
It would be great if all the moaners left. Just like Brexit. :-X

I agree with that statement.  Unfortunately there are a lot of legitimate comments on this board that could come across as being whiny over time (you still complaining about HSB not giving feedback on TGC?).  I still comment on things that may never change but if people stopped "moaning" doesn't mean the issues go away.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 04:17:53 PM »
I agree it is a good game. Very close to being great.

End of the day without HB  a lot of us would not have a golf game to play on consoles. Only thing I would be able to play is Tiger 14 on the 360 if this game did not exist. So I am very thankful for that.

A lot of us would be happy to repay the favor in the form of cash money for a new game.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
Thanks HB for charging full price a year ago for a half ready game that you completely abandoned within months. Then to follow it up give out absolutely no news for the future of the franchise.
i completely agree with your statement, we were duped by hbstudios and therefore i'm giving up on hbstudios for whatever they do.

It didn't take long for the clown show to take over this positive thread!  I really wish you would stop stopits,  it does you soul no good to throw out negativity at this point.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Nickha74

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 06:57:11 PM »
It cracks me up at the amount of people who think if they speak positive and always have the side of HB that HB will give them an award or something. People can have opinions yeah I am upset at how this game turned out especially after how it was supposed to be so much better than TGC2 when in reality other than the license it isn’t. The swing mechanics are completely robotic and not fluid at all with random results there is no half shot unless you play the fast/slow game. Balls check up on a downward slope, there is a lot minor things that could be fixed to make the game amazing. And being that they are the only current golf game available kind of like Madden they have no need to do anything to make the game better. When they released the first game they were incredible with their feedback and updates. People even mentioned how rare it was to have a video game company like that unlike companies such as EA who completely poops on their fan base. It’d be nice to have those days back the dev diaries and etc. But I’ll be sure to be polite and next time HB post a comment that has nothing to do with the game or future like everyone else I will worship them

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 10:42:35 PM »
I really don't understand what you're talking about Nickha.  The game mechanics have gotten progressively better IMO.  I am using the Master Clubs now finally and have really gotten a feel for the nuances of the swing.  I hunk it's the best mechanics ever in a golf game.  Maybe you're just not very good?  Sounds like sour grapes and maybe it's a little too hard for you?  Practice,
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Nickha74

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 11:04:47 PM »
I’ll be sure to practice so I can master this video game because then I will feel like I made it in life. I just want a golf game that is close to what I watch in tv. 180 yards out in the light rough o dang guess I’ll club up 4 clubs to hack it out. Oh I’m in the rough good thing I have a hybrid designed to hit out of the rough! Oh I can’t hit that I loose at least 40% of distance. You see that slice I did that because my swung to slow... I did enjoy the game when it first came out I really did but it became very very robotic and bland. It’d be nice to be able to have that miracle shot from the rough or from a fairway bunker etc. I mean Tiger or Phil two of greats made a living off recovery shot from bad lies if that were the case like in TGC they’d have 10 wins. Perhaps I do have “sour grapes” but it’s frustrating especially in a VIDEO GAME when one hour I can be striping it and the next I magically can’t get the tempo to save my life just seems a little odd. But it’s not even that it’s satisfying when you do shoot under I’m not into shooting -20 i like shooting realistic scores but to make the rough or bunkers extremely punishable is not life like at all. 

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 11:36:10 PM »
How is this game frustrating ?i had to switch to pc and use a mouse to get a decent amount of challenge to the master clubs.   I guess it depends on what you want out of a golf game.  Im looking for realistic results approx +2 - -3or so on average .    With the mouse i feel like im a pro golfer (video game wise)  risky shots are risky shots.  Sometimes i have to play for the center of the green.  Sometimes i go for it and succeed and it feels great.  But with a controller?? Nah. Game is much too easy and, i dont play all of the time/ or as much as id like.
  All of this being said. I would not be happy shooting-12's on a reg. Basis on the top club set level.  I think many people do like this though.  Im 53 . So i grew up in a bit of a different time.  A less immediate time.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2019, 11:51:25 PM »
If I shoot a -3 for 18 I'm pretty happy with it.  I do get some widely varying shots... but that's true to life IMO.  I hit one form the heavy rough the other day and shanked it almost 90* to the right ??  I couldn't do that again if I tried.... On the other hand I hit one from a bunker 143 yds. From the hole and it hit 2 different angle rolls and dropped for a birdie.  That felt spectacular.  I guess you can't please everyone....... but I'm happy with it.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2019, 12:50:39 AM »
If I shoot a -3 for 18 I'm pretty happy with it.  I do get some widely varying shots... but that's true to life IMO.  I hit one form the heavy rough the other day and shanked it almost 90* to the right ??  I couldn't do that again if I tried.... On the other hand I hit one from a bunker 143 yds. From the hole and it hit 2 different angle rolls and dropped for a birdie.  That felt spectacular.  I guess you can't please everyone....... but I'm happy with it.

I think you can please everyone rock, with a wider range of difficulty selections or club sets. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:09:11 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Martbloke

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »
I’ll be sure to practice so I can master this video game because then I will feel like I made it in life. I just want a golf game that is close to what I watch in tv. 180 yards out in the light rough o dang guess I’ll club up 4 clubs to hack it out. Oh I’m in the rough good thing I have a hybrid designed to hit out of the rough! Oh I can’t hit that I loose at least 40% of distance. You see that slice I did that because my swung to slow... I did enjoy the game when it first came out I really did but it became very very robotic and bland. It’d be nice to be able to have that miracle shot from the rough or from a fairway bunker etc. I mean Tiger or Phil two of greats made a living off recovery shot from bad lies if that were the case like in TGC they’d have 10 wins. Perhaps I do have “sour grapes” but it’s frustrating especially in a VIDEO GAME when one hour I can be striping it and the next I magically can’t get the tempo to save my life just seems a little odd. But it’s not even that it’s satisfying when you do shoot under I’m not into shooting -20 i like shooting realistic scores but to make the rough or bunkers extremely punishable is not life like at all.

I do have to play under my own house rules to make it more realistic for me when playing solo like fully deloft a flop shot (man that is so satisfying to play that shot doing this as it just rolls and getting the distance correct is a challenge and skill) and fully delofting my woods (off tee and on the ground so as to make them more punishing as they are too easy to hit straight on default loft).

Regards to rough, I don't mind the penalties the game throws out but what I cannot get is how the ball reacts to heavy rough when land in it from say a driver tee shot, especially when the ground is a slope or hill. The ground appears so hard that it always kicks out of the rough on the 1st few bounces like it was hitting a fairway or light rough. There doesn't seem to be any snagging of the ball and it getting caught up so it doesn't go anywhere - always seem to bounce out of the bad stuff.

Aside that, the very much spoken of swing weirdnesses (slow DS causing more distance as an example) and small bugs here and there, I absolutely love this game for playing console golf. Nothing does it better IMO. Love the different courses that can be played designed by all the great designers out there and just does not get stale for me especially with my house rules - always a challenge (too easy to hit shots straight aside - HB, I need more punishment here please?! Make the top set a real challenge to keep on target please, mainly off the tee and longer irons/woods (short shots are actually close to being perfect IMO) :D)

D. "Dawg" Jensen

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2019, 03:05:24 PM »
This game can be quite challenging, some find it easy, shome find it difficult, some use a lot of formulas and a seperate monitor, laptop, Ipad, or other device to pull up a chart/spreadsheet to obtain the exact distance to hit the ball, others adjust the and an percentage of swing ...

And then there are those that adjust their X-Axis down to the point where it has little to no effect off the centerline, and leaving the Y-axis basically untouched.

All this game ever needed was to force the elimination of aids and only one club-set.  This way everyone hits the same clubs, at the same set distances, and force to play with less aids as the player advances his skill set.

Then you can have you little API to check a lot less stuff to find the abusers of the game hacking techniques.

It won't solve the "3 hours" rounds it takes to play online with a 4-some.  But it will square up the players ... eliminate some of the coding needed for 3 sets of clubs. 

I expect this to fall on deaf ears ...

And I know some would not be able to make a putt with no grids ... others with no automatic club/shot selection aid, eliminate the wind meter and people have fits, or leave the meter, just turn of the MPH text ... 

But, I am sure the Flamers will all unite ... and circle the wagons against this ...

Logic is such a lost word in conversations anymore.

As far as thanking HB, Yes the have not been stellar with the communication process.
Yes, the have made some update fiascos that has cause some discontent and aggravation in the game.

However, They still have a very good working golf game in their coffers, and most of the people playing it only want the best for it.

A few of us out here are perfectionist, and will probably never be happy with anything less than Perfect. That said, for a small Indie company to have this game working as good as it does,  It still surpasses may of it competitors in the Golf Game Genre.

So I continue to have hope there will be further improvements to The Golf Club. I know I want the best game ever, thrown in with every bell and whistle that can be added.

And I have no arguments for HB to make added DLC content to continue as a added income to keep revenue flowing in... Like ADDING IN THEMES, adding in coins for wagering on skins and side bets, like closest to pin/greenies,  Polies (greater than 10 foot putts - for this game), Sandies, wizards ... and that's only of the top of my head ... and usually thes all pay out for par or better.

But I digress.  I hope HB finally achieves anything, far as continued improvement on this golf game.

So Yes, HB does still deserves Kudos.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2019, 10:54:10 AM »
Even though i comment on difficulty options nearly.. everyday... i know.  I too love the game (on pc/mouse) and, play everyday.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

space-cash