New player

• 2 Replies

mrmark501

« on: November 29, 2019, 03:34:52 AM »
My wife got me an early christmas present since steam has a black friday deal, she's so good about my hobbies which include flight simulator,DCS world,rc planes and cars and of course golf.
I was so addicted to golf a few years ago that I was at the course at least 3 times a week for 9 holes or at the range the other days, but my health hasn't been good to me the last few years. I started to play WGT recently but reading the forum posts it seems like they have p.o.ed all of there constituants by expecting to buy credits to get better equipment and balls,which is cool but to get a titelist ball take 1000 credits or $10.00 for three of them and I am not great around water hazzards.
Anyway I have used the range,chipping and putting trainer and love the quality of the visuals and now I will have to adjust to using the mouse and such. If there are any thing to read or watch to learn more I would love to hear about them and hope to get a chance to meet and play some rounds with you all.

Antiparosjez

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 04:33:40 AM »
My wife got me an early christmas present since steam has a black friday deal, she's so good about my hobbies which include flight simulator,DCS world,rc planes and cars and of course golf.
I was so addicted to golf a few years ago that I was at the course at least 3 times a week for 9 holes or at the range the other days, but my health hasn't been good to me the last few years. I started to play WGT recently but reading the forum posts it seems like they have p.o.ed all of there constituants by expecting to buy credits to get better equipment and balls,which is cool but to get a titelist ball take 1000 credits or $10.00 for three of them and I am not great around water hazzards.
Anyway I have used the range,chipping and putting trainer and love the quality of the visuals and now I will have to adjust to using the mouse and such. If there are any thing to read or watch to learn more I would love to hear about them and hope to get a chance to meet and play some rounds with you all.

Welcome. You might want to join the ‘Casuals’ society for daily new courses etc
2K21 Kernow Cliffs, Sandyhurst Lakes, Trinity, North Kernow, Gull Rock, Kings Wood, West Foreland        19 Domino, Man of Kent, Power Station, Grendel Woods, The Pier, Chart Lakes, Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Kingston Park,

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 08:14:39 AM »

welcome, the mouse is a fun and challenging way to play. glad to see a new player using it.  the swing is a timing thing and a feel thing.  you get a feel kind of like in your head when you are really golfing in judging backswing power for the distance you need. also you will become better at countering the wind the more you play.  as for the timing, I suggest going to the range a bit and, you will get a feel of what it takes to hit better tempo based shots. 
     there are many different adjustments you can make to the assists in the game making it as close to real or much easier / more arcade like.  up to you.  I will suggest turning the putting indicator off and you will get true judgement on your putts,  (no computer distance assistance to stop you near where this marker is placed)  also if you turn the scout cam off you will be able to click a side button on your mouse and get down close to the green and rotate around on it as is if you are really reading a green for putting).  have fun!
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash