Royal Cinque Ports 2020

• 44 Replies

leslie.sangster

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2020, 11:45:23 AM »
I’ve played Wychwood loads of times. If it’s your local course. Can’t you adjust elevations manually or is it a timescale thing.
Also I was looking to seeing Hans Valderrama and I take it that has also been scrapped?
Valderrama hasn’t been scrapped Han doesn’t have as much time now as he did so he’s asked if anyone else with good editor skills could take it on. We may see it sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Money Tour (TMT)

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
Cool because I’m dying to see this

Vital Spark

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2020, 12:07:08 PM »
I’ve played Wychwood loads of times. If it’s your local course. Can’t you adjust elevations manually or is it a timescale thing.
Also I was looking to seeing Hans Valderrama and I take it that has also been scrapped?

As you’ll know if you’ve played Wychwood there are lots of significant changes in elevation that define the character of the course and getting this right is crucial to the design and trust me is difficult to achieve accurately with the current designer. I wouldn’t want to publish something that doesn’t look and feel right and not do the course any justice. I’ve tried many times but never managed to produce something I’m happy with. As I no longer play due to injury, getting course access to verify these details isn’t easy anymore. I’ll maybe have a word with the club pro to see if he’ll allow me to walk the course a few times and take a few photos and sketches etc.. Even viewing the course is difficult with it being in the middle of a private housing estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:08:52 PM by Vital Spark »

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2020, 05:13:20 PM »
Made really good progress with this over xmas never enjoyed testing a course so much as this one.I just think its a new links course and that really makes me happy.Won't play the toughest with a few short par 4s but just happy i have been able to create another course which has hosted the open which would not have been possible for me without Chad's golf tool.Problems start now trying to fill in a LIDAR course with things that make it look like a real golf course really miss adding all the little touches you could add due to lack of firepower in laptop and Memory problems on xbox....I reckon might get this finished in a week or so now.

Here's the scorecard. Black,white,Gold/yellow and Red official scorecard   (blue tees for simulator players at 6300).

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:15:28 PM by Yeltzman »

Yeltzman

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2020, 09:25:35 AM »
I have noticed on PC when playing No Grids that you can bring up the course guide from the internet browser and play along and when you get to the greens something like this in future games would be interesting i feel to remove the grids.Players who don't like playing no grid could have a full putt line etc or going down to half etc.....

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:28:19 AM by Yeltzman »

The Money Tour (TMT)

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2020, 06:54:19 PM »
I have noticed on PC when playing No Grids that you can bring up the course guide from the internet browser and play along and when you get to the greens something like this in future games would be interesting i feel to remove the grids.Players who don't like playing no grid could have a full putt line etc or going down to half etc.....

I absolutely love this idea

Yeltzman

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2020, 09:12:36 AM »
New 3rd back tee put in at RCP in game.

New 16th Back tee to make a Par 5 for the back nine.Nice view of the par 5 5th green as well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 09:16:05 AM by Yeltzman »

Yeltzman

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2020, 07:06:13 AM »
I have Hit a Snag trying to Publish Royal Cinque Ports 2020 (lidar) i reckon because its a Copy made in Chad's Tool it won't let me publish for some reason.Another poster at TGC tours site had same trouble.Leraning about this Lidar all the time.

Wadey75

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2020, 07:16:18 AM »
I have Hit a Snag trying to Publish Royal Cinque Ports 2020 (lidar) i reckon because its a Copy made in Chad's Tool it won't let me publish for some reason.Another poster at TGC tours site had same trouble.Leraning about this Lidar all the time.
It's just appeared on ps4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:28 AM »
Had to publish the previous version without the Lidar in title.Its the same course i reckon maybe a few pin placements/green speeds were changed in testing.Just Hoping it will play ok on Xbox now plot is over 3000 yards long.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:21:39 AM by Yeltzman »

leslie.sangster

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2020, 07:21:25 AM »
It should post normal I’ve not had any trouble with the two I’ve posted and because it a links course I wouldn’t have thought the file would be to big.

Yeltzman

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2020, 07:23:24 AM »
It should post normal I’ve not had any trouble with the two I’ve posted and because it a links course I wouldn’t have thought the file would be to big.

I think it was because it was a copy course did it to put LIDAR in title,and not an original plot course it tells you do at beginning of process it has published ok now just not got lidar and a few changes i made after making copy.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2020, 07:40:14 AM »

I think it was because it was a copy course did it to put LIDAR in title,and not an original plot course it tells you do at beginning of process it has published ok now just not got lidar and a few changes i made after making copy.
I must give it a shot Yeltz

MAJORHIGH

• Savannah, GA
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2020, 01:32:09 PM »
Yes i agree also on a lot of the greens the detail how it does the data is amazing always found doing putts that break 2 ways very hard to achieve well,problem with the Golf tool with links bunkers around the green the terrain builds the slope into the greens why you saw alot of wonky slopes on the beta.The biggest advantage of the Golf tool is just it does the layout nearly spot on just have to adjust some of the size of the greens and fairways and some tees.Loving it to be honest but do miss what you can add round the course so i can play it on xbox,shame ps4 and old xbox can't play same course.

One of the unfortunate things that I've discovered while doing some of my LIDAR courses is that the "true-to-life" slope of some greens shows as red in places where an actual pin would be located. It fails the 9-box rule and is unfortunately unplayable with the game's mechanics. Slowing the green speeds down can help alleviate the problem but that then affects all of the other greens. I would like for HB to at least allow the option to turn off colored slope IF we ever get another TGC.
Yale Golf Course - LIDAR
Mullaugh Harbour
Ekwanok C.C. - LIDAR
The Conservatory - LIDAR
Stonecypher Club
Ford Plantation (RCR)
Davenport Athletic Club
Widow's Talon
Pinhook Saddle Club

(WIP: Terrebonne)
(WIP: Bald Head Island - LIDAR)
(WIP: Newport Country Club - LIDAR)

Yeltzman

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
Also think its how HB does the blending of slopes especially round the greens were bunkers eat into the greens as well.Pot Bunkers/HB's terrain blending and Chad's lidar a little bit hit and miss how it produces data,But really the time it saves elsewhere can't complain really.

space-cash