TW 14 what we had

• 9 Replies

thegamblinggamer

« on: January 12, 2020, 08:26:02 AM »
After recently playing TW 14 again on PS3 (servers are still working) it made me so sad as a video golf fan

Connected Tournaments,  Country Clubs, Create a golfer, game face, an array of difficulty levels to suit everyone, online leaderboards and rankings and more

Yes the game had its bugs and glitches that didnt get fixed year on year but you cant argue the series wasnt great fun especially online

Imagine what we could of had 6 years later(

I've been a day 1 buyer off all 3 TGC games but have stopped playing them pretty quickly, for me they just miss that something, the random xbox tempo and everyone playing off different tees was the killer for me in 2019 which made the eagerly anticipated matchmaking mode redundant

If HB do make another version hopefully they nail it, 4th time lucky)

detfan

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 09:49:02 AM »
Video gaming before these companies decided micro transactions were way more important than the money we already spent in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lions67

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 01:25:15 PM »
EA won’t ever get my money again.
They have been taking away features in all their sports games, give a little back a few years later and call them new. It’s sneaky deceptive behaviour. Their games now on the current gen are shells of their former selfs. Micro transactions are all they care about. They certainly don’t care about their customers.
Never again will they see a dime of mine.

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:38:07 PM »
Does anybody know if the 5-6 extra courses are on the actual historic edition disc or was this a downloadable code that came with the game?

kgboomer

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 04:07:21 PM »
Those extra courses are on the disc.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 04:13:13 PM »
Does anybody know if the 5-6 extra courses are on the actual historic edition disc or was this a downloadable code that came with the game?

There are extras on the SE but all of the dlc courses are unattainable
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
Thanks guys!

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 05:30:43 PM »
I loved Tiger 14.  It had some great online gameplay, despite not having as many courses as TGC 2019.  Hard to believe in 2020 we don't have better online gameplay, even with all of the updated features like the course creator in TGC 2019.

Don't get me wrong, TGC 2019 is a decent game--it just lacks in the online gameplay department by comparison, and the professional presentation in TW 14.  My suspicion is that EA is able to throw alot more money, and resources at a title compared to HB Studios.

If it wasn't for the course creator and new content continuously available to play...TGC 2019 would have been dead 18 + months ago for me.

I suspect that I am like the rest of us that visit here from time to time looking for any tidbit of information.  We are just golf addicts.

Thrangar

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 12:33:36 PM »
Well most if not all the societies I have been in or am in, have devolved to cheating accusations , was this a problem in the Tiger series (I never played, I think they were all console?)

If not, how so...I will assume because it was all on X box?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 04:58:12 AM »
If we would have went along with the EA plan we would have had all the extras of tw14 in pretty frostbite graphics by now.    :(
   I think we 1) got spoiled with HB's course creator and 2) we all got tired of being nickel and dimed for courses every year.  Although you have to allow it.  That's how games like madden and MLb the show make their money.  Off of card packs.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 05:00:41 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash