Course Designer Tips

• 4 Replies

Wayne0881

« on: January 15, 2020, 06:10:54 PM »
Hi All, I am brand new to the forum and have only been playing Golf Club 2 for a few weeks.

I am trying to get familiar with the course designer and just wondered how everyone goes about designing their courses.

Do you create a 'fantasy world' first then build your course into it or lay down all your holes and then get planting and add in your landscapes (city backdrops, waterfalls etc..)

I have watched Crazycanuck on Youtube and have learned how to create the basics and also have watched Jim Gem play courses on Youtube as he gives a 'Drone Cam' view of the courses before he plays them which is pretty interesting to see what kind of layouts and terrains designers use.

I assume there is no right or wrong way to design as long as you have a good course at the end of it - I just wondered what everyones preferred method is?

Looking at designs by Arctic Fury and alike I will have some learning to do but i'm up for the challenge :)

look forward to your responses - happy golfing :)

* which other designers are there that I can grab inspiration from - thanks!

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »
Always think design what you want to play and enjoy if others like just a bonus shame this is tgc2 forum are there still many playing it i suppose with it being on gamepass on xbox mught be more players than tgc 2019.

Not a big fan of fantasy courses to be honest so can't help you how you go about it,not sure how designers do it come up with the idea;s they do why the tgc brand is good something for everyone.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 06:25:03 PM by Yeltzman »

Wayne0881

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 06:41:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I probably should upgrade to GC2019 - i'm assuming there is more options than GC2 in the course designer?

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:08:05 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I probably should upgrade to GC2019 - i'm assuming there is more options than GC2 in the course designer?

I think its about 8 sheds that was added........so if you just designing stay with tgc2.

guy.holland

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 06:53:13 AM »
I make each hole from scratch, generaly raise and work from there,
Usually a 9 hole so ive got room,
I get top ratings as a rule,
Filter 9 hole in the hot section,
Made by GUYVANH

space-cash