Poll

Which of the following hypothetical golf games will be released next?

The Golf Club 2021
11 (45.8%)
Perfect Golf 2/Virtual Golf 2
1 (4.2%)
A new golf franchise from EA Sports
6 (25%)
Everybody's Golf PS5
3 (12.5%)
A new golf franchise from Microsoft Studios
2 (8.3%)
Other (explain in reply)
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

The next PC/Console golf game to be released

• 24 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 02:30:43 PM »
Did they actually shut the servers down for a time with the online options?

I got the impression they had from the discussion I was seeing in the EA Sports RMPGAT official forum, in its final days, but I never went back in and checked it to see for myself.  It's interesting that there's a revival of people playing this game it seems, and it's been brought out of retirement in the EA Vault, yet its official forum has had the plug pulled on it  You can go to the title page for each section of the RMPGAT forum, but you get an error message when you try to click on any sub-header.

To sort of answer your question though, there is one thread titled "Daily Tournaments"going back to May of last year, and it ties in with a thread about Daily tournaments not working anymore, and later weekly tournaments not working anymore in roughly that same time frame on Reddit.

EA Sports also made an official announcement that the forum was in its "Sunset" in December of 2017, but it does appear that messages were posted as recently as May of 2019.  I'll do some more digging and see if I can find where I learned that the Daily tournaments had been revived and report back on it.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Oswinner

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
Might have to reinstall Rory and give it another bash

If you do so, I'd like to read your revised thoughts on RMPGAT.  I was surprised at how good it still looks.  If I was a 3-clicker, I could perhaps get back into it, but I get bored with 3-click interfaces pretty quick.

The analog stick swing just feels so "flicky" in this game.  I also find it considerably easier to "dial in" a carry distance with RMPGAT's thumbstick swing than TGC 2019's.  Swing the stick until the 'green HUD bubble' illuminates and you're going to be able to 'flick' the stick at that point and have a 98% chance of getting just the carry distance you dialed-up.
I’ve just given it another go after reinstalling it, swing feels ok I could get away with it apart from the bunker shot animation. Putting however is a world away from TGC2019 which is far superior in my opinion. Rory still does look good though and presentation is good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve recently got back into this game after hating it at first. Maybe I’m just tired of TGC19 and enjoying a fresh golf game, I don’t know...but I’m really enjoying it this time around via 3-click mode.

Les, give 3-click a go on the hard swing setting. It’s great fun.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
Might have to reinstall Rory and give it another bash

If you do so, I'd like to read your revised thoughts on RMPGAT.  I was surprised at how good it still looks.  If I was a 3-clicker, I could perhaps get back into it, but I get bored with 3-click interfaces pretty quick.

The analog stick swing just feels so "flicky" in this game.  I also find it considerably easier to "dial in" a carry distance with RMPGAT's thumbstick swing than TGC 2019's.  Swing the stick until the 'green HUD bubble' illuminates and you're going to be able to 'flick' the stick at that point and have a 98% chance of getting just the carry distance you dialed-up.
I’ve just given it another go after reinstalling it, swing feels ok I could get away with it apart from the bunker shot animation. Putting however is a world away from TGC2019 which is far superior in my opinion. Rory still does look good though and presentation is good.

I’ve recently got back into this game after hating it at first. Maybe I’m just tired of TGC19 and enjoying a fresh golf game, I don’t know...but I’m really enjoying it this time around via 3-click mode.

Les, give 3-click a go on the hard swing setting. It’s great fun.
No thanks three click belongs in the past for me.

Oswinner

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »
That’s a shame you have that view Sir Les. Each to their own though.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 02:58:18 PM »
TST is hard enough for me thank you even with Pro Clubs. In regards to Rory golf the putting is still **** compared to TGC.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2020, 09:47:15 AM »
In regards to Rory golf the putting is still **** compared to TGC.

I agree with your assessment here Leslie.  I don't understand how EA wound up with the almost 2D'ish, radar blippish look and feel of the putting game in RMPGAT, after getting the putting so right in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - 14.  Ironically, Tiger 10 remains for me, as the best putting game presentation, mechanics, and physics of any console golf game ever made.

I love the graphics in RMPGAT, but the lack of camera and presentation production options in it leave a lot to be desired.  Perhaps if some more camera angles, heights, and cut options were in RMPGAT, the putt rolls could be depicted in a fashion that makes them look more believable.  Still, there's just something about the results, no matter how they look when being animated, that leave me scratching my head.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »
In regards to Rory golf the putting is still **** compared to TGC.

I agree with your assessment here Leslie.  I don't understand how EA wound up with the almost 2D'ish, radar blippish look and feel of the putting game in RMPGAT, after getting the putting so right in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - 14.  Ironically, Tiger 10 remains for me, as the best putting game presentation, mechanics, and physics of any console golf game ever made.

I love the graphics in RMPGAT, but the lack of camera and presentation production options in it leave a lot to be desired.  Perhaps if some more camera angles, heights, and cut options were in RMPGAT, the putt rolls could be depicted in a fashion that makes them look more believable.  Still, there's just something about the results, no matter how they look when being animated, that leave me scratching my head.
The putting was way better in the Tiger Woods games they took a backward step with Rory golf. In regards to three click swing in reality TGC2019 has it with their tempo swing, you start the backswing click one, hit the perfect tempo area on your backswing click two, then hit the tempo area on your downswing click three only it’s dressed up as a joystick movement. That’s my opinion of it.

Oswinner

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2020, 03:16:05 AM »
The putting was way better in the Tiger Woods games they took a backward step with Rory golf. In regards to three click swing in reality TGC2019 has it with their tempo swing, you start the backswing click one, hit the perfect tempo area on your backswing click two, then hit the tempo area on your downswing click three only it’s dressed up as a joystick movement. That’s my opinion of it.

Rory’s 3-click seems to provide better realistic variation though but I guess you’re right. I suppose with the joystick the added swing plane makes it’s 4-click now which I guess is better. The only problem in TGC is the click three downswing doesn’t cause a push/pull, it causes a slice/hook. The swing plane should cause the slice/hook. Oh well HB, there’s always next game to fix it, or is there??
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:23:10 AM by Oswinner »

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
Rory 3 click is a great challenge.  I shot a 65 at Scottsdale hard/advanced rory 3 click in career mode this weekend. And, thought it oh. Its gonna get easy.... well I must have just had an on type round as I followed that 1st round up with a 2nd round 76 and a third round 73.  So...no....a good round can be had but, whew it's tough and I love it.  Now as for the putting,  I enable zoom camera and play no grids.  Sure you can cheat and zoom your words and iron shots but if you just use it on 5he green. You can move it all around and really read those naturally contoured greens.  It's a beautiful thing. 
   I really wish EA would come out with a tiger 2021 game with Augusta and give us course packs again with today's beautiful graphics.  I would pay twice what they cost to have that again.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 01:12:44 PM »
Rory 3 click is a great challenge.  I shot a 65 at Scottsdale hard/advanced rory 3 click in career mode this weekend. And, thought it oh. Its gonna get easy.... well I must have just had an on type round as I followed that 1st round up with a 2nd round 76 and a third round 73.  So...no....a good round can be had but, whew it's tough and I love it.  Now as for the putting,  I enable zoom camera and play no grids.  Sure you can cheat and zoom your words and iron shots but if you just use it on 5he green. You can move it all around and really read those naturally contoured greens.  It's a beautiful thing. 
   I really wish EA would come out with a tiger 2021 game with Augusta and give us course packs again with today's beautiful graphics.  I would pay twice what they cost to have that again.

Can't think of nothing worst than paying for courses again hated it back then and don't think my view will ever change release a game and release all the courses for it.

space-cash