TGC 2019 short courses

• 2 Replies

bonvivantva

« on: February 10, 2020, 10:25:11 AM »
I got my dad a simulator and TGC and TGC 2019 subscription for Christmas this year.  We can swing the driver in his basement, but we often mark up the ceiling, so in the short term, we haven't been hitting anything longer than hybrid.  I think that makes practice more fun anyway as it leads to more iron shots and longer approaches.

What short courses and par 3s do y'all recommend?  We've been playing and enjoying several full length courses with just the hybrid, such as Pebble, Spyglass, Greenbrier CC, Torrey Pines, etc. 

However, most of the par 3s I've found are very difficult.  Island greens, hard sloping fast greens, 200+ yard distances, etc.  What I'm really looking for is some courses where the distances vary between about 80 to 180 yards without water in play on every hole.  Essentially, I want to be able to play a par 3 that let's me practice dialing in my irons, but is more interesting than the range.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:13:28 AM »
Are you playing Protee tgc1 or TGC 2019 because this is in the TGC 1 forum.There is the famous par 3 course at augusta available in both versions also one i did not sure if its long enough for you holes range from 17-54 yards its a real chipping course at Turnberry the Wee links.

Also in TGC 2019 there is the 17th hole at sawgrass made as just one hole. its called TPC at Sawgrass #17

Try this one in tgc 2019 as well a fantastic well made pitch and putt. (greens might be tough)

If i look back through my favourites i am sure i can find a few more just post here if these are ok.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:28:24 AM by Yeltzman »

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 03:23:39 AM »
I got my dad a simulator and TGC and TGC 2019 subscription for Christmas this year.  We can swing the driver in his basement, but we often mark up the ceiling, so in the short term, we haven't been hitting anything longer than hybrid.  I think that makes practice more fun anyway as it leads to more iron shots and longer approaches.

What short courses and par 3s do y'all recommend?  We've been playing and enjoying several full length courses with just the hybrid, such as Pebble, Spyglass, Greenbrier CC, Torrey Pines, etc. 

However, most of the par 3s I've found are very difficult.  Island greens, hard sloping fast greens, 200+ yard distances, etc.  What I'm really looking for is some courses where the distances vary between about 80 to 180 yards without water in play on every hole.  Essentially, I want to be able to play a par 3 that let's me practice dialing in my irons, but is more interesting than the range.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Try sleeping bear dunes.  18 holes, no water in play.  Holes lengths vary considerably. 

space-cash