Steam -> Game is constantly freezing

• 3 Replies

PhantomDW

« on: January 18, 2020, 04:55:09 PM »
I do not want to go through the specs and blah blah, I have a degree in computers, and I have had this machine thoroughly checked out, both by myself and a professional service. The machine is fine and the problem, barring perhaps a setting or some unknown issue I am unaware of, is not with the machine itself.

Having said that, this issue started in early December, prior to that the game ran absolutely fine. This is my Dad's machine and it is pretty barren of programs, save Steam, his golf games, and Discord (and some other Office stuff), so there is nothing much on this machine that would bog it down.

Starting in December, TGC 2019 +PGA, along with Perfect Golf as well, started freezing up after a few holes of play, and now it is happening within 1 hole of play. He has tried this with solo play as well as online matches, and the same thing keeps happening. I have tried some known issue fixes and none of those seem to fix the problem. As I have stated, the machine itself is perfectly fine, so I know its not the computer, again, barring some unknown setting or some driver issue I may be unaware of.

Does anyone know of anything that could be causing this issue to happen? Or perhaps have had this problem and know of a solution? GPU is a GTX 960, all the settings are correct, etc., etc. The GPU has been tested and it is operating normally.

Any information you guys can provide would be helpful, thank you.

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 03:54:25 AM »
These golf games are very graphic intense and can stress your system. I would try dropping the in games graphic settings to a minimum and see if your card will handle that. If it does it may be time for an upgrade. You mentioned installing a new PS on the steam forum. This may of allowed that card to operate at a higher power level and is now overheating.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

frankW

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »
have you found a fix to your issue it seems as if I am having similar problems to you

Aubrey

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 06:28:35 PM »
Hi Golfers,
I am also having the very same problem but much more often, like 4 to 6 times in each 9 holes that I try to play.

I loose connection with TGC but I do NOT loose connection to the internet!

I have 5 other steam games and none of them give me any problems.

I'm looking for ANY help I can get to clear this problem. :D

My System.
Processor
AMD Ryzen7, 3700x 8 core 3.59GHz
RAM 16GB
64 Bit DDR4 3200Mhz
NVIDIA Gforce RXT 2060 Super 8GB
Storage 1TB Seagate SSD

Well it's been almost a week since I posted the above! No responce,  Maybe the devs only visit weekly, I'll jast wait and see.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:14:20 AM by Aubrey »

space-cash