Imagine TGC 2021 on the just revealed XBox Series X!

• 57 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2020, 09:33:51 PM »
Between separating from 2K and The LiDAR "complications " I'm sure they have their hands full.
That's what really worries me the most is that the introduction of the Lida tool and OSM have opened the lawsuit floodgates which could lead to the end of this game.

I'm curious... what makes you think that the LiDAR and OSM tools have "opened the lawsuit floodgates"?  They're using publicly available data, are they not?  Perfect Golf went down the LiDAR path years before TGC, and they haven't had any brush-back from it.

It may be that there's some sort of contract agreement between  2K and HB Studios that they can't disclose anything about a new golf game until a mutually agreed upon date has arrived.  Two years sounds like a good round figure, but it could be less... who knows, and who knows whether this is even a contractual factor or not?

I was sort of expecting to read some sort of official announcement about a new TGC game during the last week of February.  Obviously that didn't happen.  I now can't find any sort of precedent in HB Studios previous TGC release rollouts that gives me anything to go on in terms of projecting what, if anything, will happen now.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2020, 11:30:57 PM »
It's just speculation.  PGA Courses went Sue- happy a while back and if RCRs are too close to real courses I could see where there could be a copyright issue.  That's why we were seeing the xxxx in course names anyway.  HB is making money off the game, so it stands to reason that some courses might try to get money out of it when other courses are getting licensing fees.  PGA itself is getting licensing fees for some things too.  Greed is everywhere.....  I only makes sense it would seep into golf and TGC.
OR, like you say it could be contractual with the publisher?  IDK....  I just hope we hear something soon.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

HitItLong

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2020, 02:27:01 AM »
I’m sure that the new TGC game will be out either when or before the new XBOX  X comes out.

What indication do you have they are going to make a new game?

What indication do you have that they aren't, in my opinion, the fact that they aren't saying they are doing something new, is because they can't say they are, if they were walking away from the franchise they would have no reason not to say so.
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2020, 12:04:42 PM »
It's just speculation.  PGA Courses went Sue- happy a while back and if RCRs are too close to real courses I could see where there could be a copyright issue.  That's why we were seeing the xxxx in course names anyway.  HB is making money off the game, so it stands to reason that some courses might try to get money out of it when other courses are getting licensing fees.  PGA itself is getting licensing fees for some things too.  Greed is everywhere.....  I only makes sense it would seep into golf and TGC.
OR, like you say it could be contractual with the publisher?  IDK....  I just hope we hear something soon.

From what I've seen, Augusta National and Royal Melbourne had a problem with copyright infringement, but  it wasn't because the courses had been created with the aid of LiDAR and OSM, it was because of the title of the course.  Once the course names (which in AN's case included Augusta National and Magnolia National) were censored, and changed to 'other names' in the background, you never heard anymore out of it.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
I’m sure that the new TGC game will be out either when or before the new XBOX  X comes out.

What indication do you have that they aren't, in my opinion, the fact that they aren't saying they are doing something new, is because they can't say they are, if they were walking away from the franchise they would have no reason not to say so.

Logical
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

titaneddie

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2020, 12:45:41 PM »
See Infinite Air....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2020, 01:36:24 PM »

Being that I used to be pretty active on the EA boards for Tiger you see patterns with devs. Even EA would have said something by now . The simple fact that they abandoned this game and stop posting all together on their own message boards certainly cannot be a good sign for a new game.

My guess is they are not saying anything because there is nothing to say.

I hope I am wrong. I think a new game that was marketed correctly would do well. Also it would very exciting to see what could be achieved with the new consoles coming.  Would be nice to have something look forward to as well. I really only play this and PUBG. . I am getting burned out of this game and I love PUBG but holy poop they have managed to make the game worse instead of better lately.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Icyken

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
See Infinite Air....

A dust magnet
I bought one of them... :o
2K21 , Courses
   Craigendoran Links..(new)
   Prestwick , Scotland. Tour
   Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

phil tarry

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2020, 04:43:33 PM »
they had the chance 2make aclassic golf game they ruined it
in most parts made how they wanted it took notice of the community
on here if they do another be same all over again don't buy it
they wont fix nothing ive had games and say That's broke
2 week later massive fix and still do it.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2020, 04:05:16 PM »
I have nothing logical, nor constructive to offer at this point.  If I have an epiphany or HB Studios makes and official announcement, I'll rejoin this discussion :D
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Stokie

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »
does it really hurt if HB say yea or nay there will be another golf game

leslie.sangster

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 11:16:59 AM »
Non in my opinion but I could see the forums going mad if they confirmed one way or another, in the affirmative people would be suggesting what they need to put in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 02:27:22 PM »

It would if they've committed to a contract with 2K, to the effect that they will not disclose any news of another golf game until an agreed upon date has passed.  This is just a guess on my part; I don't have anything concrete to base it on.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash