Velde Vineyards (BETA Published)

• 7 Replies

AG_92

« on: March 12, 2020, 05:38:21 PM »
Velde Vineyards will be a more difficult course featuring considerable elevation change, frequent water hazard, and challenging greens.

It’s setting will be a fertile river valley surrounded by vineyards.

Specs:

Par 74
Par 3s- 3
Par 4s- 10
Par 5s- 5

Tees:
Red - 6755
Green-7015
White- 7271

Should be open next weekend

It will also feature a 9 hole warm up par 3 course. Specs currently N/A
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 07:35:03 PM by AG_92 »
Course Designer:

Notable Courses:
Whistling Rapids GC
The Pinewinds
The Marshes at Gulfwater
Norwall Landing
The Wildflower
Goldbriar Coastal Cliffs
Newble Beach
Grand Lodge Tour Mode
The Coldwater Club
The Foote Hills

Creative Courses:
Home Run Derby
Home Run Derby 2
Captain’s Cove Putt-Putt

TBomberPS4

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 11:32:29 AM »
Looking forward to seeing this with the ‘plant’ you used for the vineyards as there is no real, “that looks like a grape vine” to choose from. Also, vineyards are extremely time consuming and monotonous to plant.  Probably why there are not many courses with them.  So as I said before, I am looking forward to see this one because the pics look intriguing.
Legendary Par 3's (9-holes) Famous Par 3s (9-holes) Cliffside Golf Club, Thunderous Falls, AT&T Park,
RCR:TPC Harding Park,Wente Vineyards (Lidar) Forest Meadows ‘03 (Lidar)

AG_92

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this with the ‘plant’ you used for the vineyards as there is no real, “that looks like a grape vine” to choose from. Also, vineyards are extremely time consuming and monotonous to plant.  Probably why there are not many courses with them.  So as I said before, I am looking forward to see this one because the pics look intriguing.

Very time consuming indeed! The only reason I’m not done yet. As you can see in the 1st and 2nd pic the vines look pretty decent. Not perfect, but decent. I used the first and second plants in the “global plant” section. The one flower is purple and will pass as grapes. The biggest issue I’m having is that from far away the plants don’t register so they just vanish. It’s not going to be perfect, but it will be a pretty course.
Course Designer:

Notable Courses:
Whistling Rapids GC
The Pinewinds
The Marshes at Gulfwater
Norwall Landing
The Wildflower
Goldbriar Coastal Cliffs
Newble Beach
Grand Lodge Tour Mode
The Coldwater Club
The Foote Hills

Creative Courses:
Home Run Derby
Home Run Derby 2
Captain’s Cove Putt-Putt

TBomberPS4

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 12:24:35 PM »
That is the only reason I went with the ‘bush’ under the ‘tree’ because it can be seen from distance, but the trade off is it doesn’t look as good.  It’s 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.  There is no win-win unfortunately.
Legendary Par 3's (9-holes) Famous Par 3s (9-holes) Cliffside Golf Club, Thunderous Falls, AT&T Park,
RCR:TPC Harding Park,Wente Vineyards (Lidar) Forest Meadows ‘03 (Lidar)

AG_92

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 01:45:46 PM »
That is the only reason I went with the ‘bush’ under the ‘tree’ because it can be seen from distance, but the trade off is it doesn’t look as good.  It’s 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.  There is no win-win unfortunately.

Yes, I experimented with the bush as well. It also takes up more storage space. I was thinking I might try a mix. Maybe bushes on the distant hills. Classic trial and error.
Course Designer:

Notable Courses:
Whistling Rapids GC
The Pinewinds
The Marshes at Gulfwater
Norwall Landing
The Wildflower
Goldbriar Coastal Cliffs
Newble Beach
Grand Lodge Tour Mode
The Coldwater Club
The Foote Hills

Creative Courses:
Home Run Derby
Home Run Derby 2
Captain’s Cove Putt-Putt

Mpad

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 05:05:56 AM »
So great to see an innovative design pushing the limits. Looks very good and very inviting to play.
Xbox 1

Padginator Hills GC
Padginator Hills Tournam
Grousemoor GC
Braanne Resort
Braanne Resort Tour
Viscose Vale GC
Viscose Vale Tour

AG_92

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 01:33:10 PM »
So great to see an innovative design pushing the limits. Looks very good and very inviting to play.
Thanks for the feedback! I hope to publish this weekend. Unfortunately I’ve hit some creative speed bumps along the way(perhaps pushing the limits a bit too far). Essentially there are parts of the vineyard that I don’t think could possibly look any better, and in the other hand there are parts that I think couldn’t look much worse haha. It is definitely a “experimental” design, but it plays well and has a handful of incredible views.
Course Designer:

Notable Courses:
Whistling Rapids GC
The Pinewinds
The Marshes at Gulfwater
Norwall Landing
The Wildflower
Goldbriar Coastal Cliffs
Newble Beach
Grand Lodge Tour Mode
The Coldwater Club
The Foote Hills

Creative Courses:
Home Run Derby
Home Run Derby 2
Captain’s Cove Putt-Putt

AG_92

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
BETA PUBLISHED: Velde Vineyards BETA

I’ve posted a rough version for feedback on the overall play(aswell as design). Most of my courses are a bit on the easy side. This one I however wanted to make more challenging and I’m worried my greens are a bit too much.
Course Designer:

Notable Courses:
Whistling Rapids GC
The Pinewinds
The Marshes at Gulfwater
Norwall Landing
The Wildflower
Goldbriar Coastal Cliffs
Newble Beach
Grand Lodge Tour Mode
The Coldwater Club
The Foote Hills