MILWAUKEE COUNTRY CLUB, a new Lidar RCR

• 1 Replies

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« on: April 11, 2020, 01:14:40 PM »
Milwaukee CC is my latest WIP. This "Golden Age" course was originally established on a pasture outside Milwaukee in the 1900's.  A new plot of land was found near downtown  and after several designs and redesigns Architect H. C. Alison, who was partners with Colt and MacKenzie took over. Work started in 1927. This course has been rated in the Top 100 in the USA over many years and is presently second in Wisconsin and 59th in USA by the website Top 100. It also rated well by Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and others.

This is a traditional parkland style course with lots of bunkering and the Milwaukee River comes into play on some of the holes. The course IRL is a par 72 that plays over 7000 yards, but two of the par fives are quite short even from the tips so my version converts those to par fours.

It is unfortunate that you and I will never get to play the real course unless you know a member there. The strict rules require that you be accompanied by a member to play and that is a tough get.

In the style of the day almost all of the bunkering is flat-bottomed with steep faces; which is a pain since the TGC designer always makes concave-bottom bunkers. That means a lot of bunkers to flatten the bottoms of!

I show a picture from the first tee IRL and the game just to give you some idea.

I hope some of you RCR fans will follow my progress. I will post updates as I continue working.

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 04:44:27 PM »
A beta of Milwaukee CC has now been published.  Go to this link at TGCTours for more details and photos milwaukee-country-club

space-cash