Pebble Beach

• 10 Replies

thrillday

« on: April 22, 2020, 03:38:53 PM »
Is there a way to play Pebble Beach? I can't find it. I'm using xbox one.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »
Yes, there are several versions of Pebble Beach available.  The easiest way to find it is to go to the "Local Play" option from the main menu.  Then select "Change Course" in the menu that has come up.  This will bring up a Search menu, select "Other Filters" there.  The next menu will have an array of options.  Select the one in the upper right hand corner called "Search".  This will allow you to type in what you're looking for in the "Enter Search" field.  Type "Pebble Beach" there and then "Confirm Text".

The first page of Pebble Beach variants will show up there.  My favorite one is the last one on page three of the search results (hit the right shoulder button twice to get to it from the first page).  When you click on the last one on the bottom, it should tell you that it's made by "friendBOMBER" and it'll show that it has 168,000 + plays.  Confirm it as your selection and you're ready to go from there.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 04:35:00 PM »
There’s a Lidar Beta of Pebble Beach about can’t remember the name exactly but it starts PB**Beta if you just type in PB then look for beta you should find it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
pebble beach Golf links the lidar version was released today..

Name Just Pebble beach golf links........its excellent i prefer to play the greens firm....Pebble a fantastic course played in a wind,it gives you some shots then takes them back just a class routeing.

The designer done a really excellent job,the pin positions are from the 2019 US open

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 06:31:16 PM by Yeltzman »

The Money Tour (TMT)

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 09:04:19 PM »
Apart from the lighting (not the end of the world) it’s brilliant.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 12:57:29 AM »
pebble beach Golf links the lidar version was released today..

Name Just Pebble beach golf links........its excellent i prefer to play the greens firm....Pebble a fantastic course played in a wind,it gives you some shots then takes them back just a class routeing.

The designer done a really excellent job,the pin positions are from the 2019 US open

Excellent!  I'll have to check it out... thanks for the tip on this Yeltzman!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 06:23:32 AM »
Would have liked the white house on the 1st as a aiming point,the lidar tarmac is there but apart from that Outstanding i thought, never knew that 11th hole was 70 feet uphill,Designer done a great job not many better courses in the world than pebble beach.

Yeltzman

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 10:23:09 AM »
Apart from the lighting (not the end of the world) it’s brilliant.

Got to say i thought the lighting was excellent,just goes to show what one likes others may not nobody right,after playing on xbox last night which i didnt notice on my low pc,thought the rocks around the 7th stuck out a bit but to me the contouring and everything thought it played alot better Firm not soft greens but overall loved it.

The Money Tour (TMT)

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 10:28:42 AM »
We played it in high winds and firm greens. I really enjoyable test. I personally would of made it slightly darker @ default. Might be my TV settings lol. I love his designs and this is a great addition to TGC 2019.
Any new links courses are the horizon. Anybody?

Yeltzman

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
Hillside GC Home of the british masters 2019 finished (with crowds lol)
West Lancashire Golf club 9 holes done
Southport and Ainsdale 9 holes done

I get what your saying you mean for the course to pop a little more with shadows etc.Lighting and trees still major issues for me in tgc 2019 but it seems others don't find the problems so bad.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:58:06 AM by Yeltzman »

The Money Tour (TMT)

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 11:06:51 AM »
Like music to my ears Yeltz. You are doing great work bud. I’ve had the privilege to tee it up @ West Lance’s so I’m eagerly waiting that arrival. Also I was at the British Masters and have also played Hillside many years ago. Fantastic course.

space-cash