Pay for course design

• 7 Replies

AllanMuir

« on: April 30, 2020, 07:57:52 AM »
Hi,

As I am new to course designing and am pretty average at it, can someone recommend someone I could PAY to have my home course(s) designed?

Also your recommendations as to who are the best designers names, so I could reach out to them.

Thanks
Allan

leslie.sangster

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 08:12:10 AM »
Hi,

As I am new to course designing and am pretty average at it, can someone recommend someone I could PAY to have my home course(s) designed?

Also your recommendations as to who are the best designers names, so I could reach out to them.

Thanks
Allan
What’s your home course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 09:14:19 AM »
Hi,

Thanks
Allan

There are a lot of questions that need answering here Allan:

1.  Is  Lidar data is available for your home course, which makes it easier to get the correct terrain? If you have to just build the course based on Google Earth and topo maps it will not be as accurate and will take longer.

2.  How detailed do you want this course to be?  With lidar available some of the folks who design for Simulators can turn out a course in under ten hours, but that is really a "bare-bones"  course with no clubhouses, planting, and other things things that make the course an immersive experience.  I have done a bunch of Lidar courses and I try to make them as accurate as I can with the tools available in the HB toolbox.  It usually takes in the range of 100 hours to do that.

If you want to see the difference, play Cascata (it will come up in the game as Ca****a for some unknown HB reason) as a bare-bones course, and then Crooked Stick GC Lidar, as full representation.

Obviously the answer to those questions will have an impact on how much it might cost you to have a TGC course built.

Note added in edit.  The first question is moot; there is little or no Lidar data for Asia or Singapore that i can find so both these courses would have to be built from scratch.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:17:41 AM by Sandsaver »

AllanMuir

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »
I mapped out this on the classic course.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=16/1.3200/103.9632

I read somewhere about creating data from here which I believe can be imported into Chads tool. My understanding is that his tool is the best to assist in designing.

I would like a costing for bare-bones but also most probably a well detailed course for me to consider. This is really an idea I had since during the lockdown I have my regular golf buddies all buy XBOX's so I thought it would be nice if we could play our regular course.

Thanks
Allan

AllanMuir

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 02:42:26 PM »
Feel free to email me scotsman@icloud.com or whats app/zoom

Allan

Sandsaver

• If I had anything better to do I would be doing it
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 03:40:02 PM »
I mapped out this on the classic course.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit#map=16/1.3200/103.9632

I read somewhere about creating data from here which I believe can be imported into Chads tool. My understanding is that his tool is the best to assist in designing.

I would like a costing for bare-bones but also most probably a well detailed course for me to consider. This is really an idea I had since during the lockdown I have my regular golf buddies all buy XBOX's so I thought it would be nice if we could play our regular course.

Thanks
Allan

Allan:  I myself have no interest in designing a course which has no terrain files available, I only do Lidar supported courses.  Also, I looked at the Open Street Map URL you posted and in reality there is very little tracing of the golf features that has been done, so somebody will have to do that.  No matter, without terrain data even after importing just the OSM into Chad's Tool all you will get is a dead-flat course, which will be nothing like the real thing.  I think that you and your buddies will be back to playing on the real course long before someone could design a virtual course that was satisfactory to you.  I suggest you save your money.

AllanMuir

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 04:16:48 PM »
I appreciate your thoughts, Thanks!

Allan

space-cash