Worn looking cart paths

• 7 Replies

Fersy

« on: May 01, 2020, 11:09:07 AM »
Hi there, im new here and new to the game as i only got it 3 weeks ago. Ive spent the last 3 weeks designing my first course which ive all but finished. Anyway what im wondering is ive seen some posts where people talked about techniques for doing realistic cart paths but i cant find them again. Has anyone any tips for this? Thanks in advance

Antiparosjez

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »
Some themes I better than others for this so trial and error. If terrain looks like the sort of path texture you want then place either side of your path area a heavy rough texture and see how that looks. Time consuming and long winded but can look ok
2K21 Kernow Cliffs, Sandyhurst Lakes, Trinity, North Kernow, Gull Rock, Kings Wood, West Foreland        19 Domino, Man of Kent, Power Station, Grendel Woods, The Pier, Chart Lakes, Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Kingston Park,

Fersy

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »
Some themes I better than others for this so trial and error. If terrain looks like the sort of path texture you want then place either side of your path area a heavy rough texture and see how that looks. Time consuming and long winded but can look ok

Ah i get you. Thanks a lot m8. Its very addictive once you start this, my missus keeps asking me “when will you finish that course” and im like shortly........then ill be starting another lol

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 09:52:20 PM »
I used them on my Melody Farms GC.   I did a segment on here called Natural looking paths.
See picture to see if this is what you’re looking to do.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Fersy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 03:43:44 AM »
I used them on my Melody Farms GC.   I did a segment on here called Natural looking paths.
See picture to see if this is what you’re looking to do.
Yeah thats the sort of idea. Cheers ill look that up when i get out of bed. Been up all night designing lol

Mpad

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 05:54:04 AM »
3 weeks will become 3 months when the need for perfection kicks in!!
Xbox 1

Padginator Hills GC
Padginator Hills Tournam
Grousemoor GC
Braanne Resort
Braanne Resort Tour (Tour Worthy)
Viscose Vale GC
Viscose Vale Tour
Viscose Vale Golf Club (PGA Tour 2K21)
Betty Heath GC (PGA Tour 2K21)
Betty Heath GC Tour (PGA 2k21)

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 12:46:04 PM »
The biggest problem I ran into was  after I was done with designing and went into the playtest stage.
Then I found trees which I hadn’t sunk quite far enough.  I would have these weird little bunches of leaves sticking out of the paths.  I had to go back and delete and then re-sink them.  Overall though I am very happy with the way it came out.  SO much more realistic than the cheesy cart path surfaces.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Fersy

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 05:04:44 PM »
Cheers guys and yeah i can see it taking 3 months if i was working but im off atm so that was 3 weeks at a minimum 8 hours per day sometimes up to 14 lol. Im already a fussy sort which i imagine will get worse as i get better. Ive uploaded it this morning so im starting to try my hand at a links one so i can try different techniques including the cart paths tricks mentioned above

space-cash