PGA Tour 2k21

• 5071 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4500 on: December 03, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Had an update to the game via Steam last night, anyone seen any info on it?

Sam

According to the Steam notes in my installation of 2K21, it's never had an update!?  I've never seen a title that for some reason felt the need to be so stealthy with its updates!? :o  I didn't notice a Steam update yesterday though, and I played three different times.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4501 on: December 03, 2020, 11:03:09 AM »
Had an update to the game via Steam last night, anyone seen any info on it?

Sam

According to the Steam notes in my installation of 2K21, it's never had an update!?  I've never seen a title that for some reason felt the need to be so stealthy with its updates!? :o  I didn't notice a Steam update yesterday though, and I played three different times.

No update on the PS4 this morning.  I am not holding my breath for any additional ones based on the last several TGC releases.  If we do get one, it will probably be for a Santa hat, and elf shoes to keep in line with the Halloween update.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4502 on: December 03, 2020, 11:19:58 AM »
Breaking news on PGA TOUR 2K21's Twitter feed:  Welcome to the new Clubhouse Pass, where you can find tons of new clubs & apparel! Along with that, check out the new holiday clubs/apparel, then take on the newly added Detroit Golf Club, home of the Rocket Mortgage Classic!

I can't wait to strike my first putt with the new flamingo shaped putter!  ;D

The "new content" hasn't been added to the game yet that I can see, but maybe... just maybe they'll sneak a patch into it? 
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Martbloke

« Reply #4503 on: December 03, 2020, 11:42:39 AM »
Breaking news on PGA TOUR 2K21's Twitter feed:  Welcome to the new Clubhouse Pass, where you can find tons of new clubs & apparel! Along with that, check out the new holiday clubs/apparel, then take on the newly added Detroit Golf Club, home of the Rocket Mortgage Classic!

The "new content" hasn't been added to the game yet that I can see, but maybe... just maybe they'll sneak a patch into it?

Yep just seen the video. All cosmetic stuff yet again with real money purchase to go into the higher clubhouse passes!

Seems set that it's all about more money from peeps regarding cosmetics than actually fixing issues within the game hence so much silence.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status/1334522629240180738?s=19

EDIT: I can see why bugs and server issues are not being fixed now as the whole studio is working on silly cosmetics which are just plain pointless and a way to squeeze more money from people.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:06:26 PM by Martbloke »

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4504 on: December 03, 2020, 12:08:21 PM »

I am all for new "Official" PGA style courses being added to the game.  All of the other cosmetic stuff does not interest me, and I would think most of the hardcore players that have been thru all iterations of this game. 

But, if there are others out there that are interested in paying more money for cosmetic items, and this keeps the revenue flowing to HB Studios to keep this franchise going I am all for it.  I personally won't spend any real money on stuff like that....but from what I have seen in other games, there are plenty who will spend the money.

Back when I played Madden Ultimate Team I was amazed that people spent real money on card packs...like ALOT OF MONEY.  I had a 99 overall rated team just by flipping cards in the market, and never spent a nickel of money on card packs.  I ended up with every single card/player that I ever wanted just by playing the game.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4505 on: December 03, 2020, 12:26:27 PM »
I am not taking credit for this by any means but I have posted a couple times that they should do a season pass to generate revenue and give us something more to play for since it is pretty easy to get to level 100.  I bet CLV will be interested to see what the course looks like because he has already designed it.

That being said I posted that way before swingate on the SX and the increasing drops on multiplayer.  When I was online last night only one of the guys I usually play with was on this game. Everyone else is playing something else. I think it will be pretty hard to get people to pay for the passes unless there is a patch to fix these issues.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

BTM-Dairyman

« Reply #4506 on: December 03, 2020, 12:32:30 PM »
I am not taking credit for this by any means but I have posted a couple times that they should do a season pass to generate revenue and give us something more to play for since it is pretty easy to get to level 100.  I bet CLV will be interested to see what the course looks like because he has already designed it.

That being said I posted that way before swingate on the SX and the increasing drops on multiplayer.  When I was online last night only one of the guys I usually play with was on this game. Everyone else is playing something else. I think it will be pretty hard to get people to pay for the passes unless there is a patch to fix these issues.
its downloading right now

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4507 on: December 03, 2020, 12:45:01 PM »
where is Detroit Golf Club on xbox....not under real courses? (no rocket mortgage in career mode either)

went to check Premium content  page says something went wrong

Good news it seems the menu's in the designer on xbox a lot quicker. (trees menu maybe)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 01:05:14 PM by Yeltzman »

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4508 on: December 03, 2020, 12:57:48 PM »
where is Detroit Golf Club on xbox....not under real courses?

Downloading on my PS4 at the moment...will let you know if it is available on my PS4 after it downloads (I am in the United States)

Stan Solo

« Reply #4509 on: December 03, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »
It's ok if they release paid content  .... people can take it or leave it.

But at the same time why not have some bug fixes and extra stuff in the designer.

Something for everyone  ....

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4510 on: December 03, 2020, 01:47:49 PM »

Downloading on my PS4 at the moment...will let you know if it is available on my PS4 after it downloads (I am in the United States)

Dowloaded, and installed.  I was at level 100.  I played one round at TPC Boston after installing the update.  It has additional levels that are unlocked from the "Premium" items (listed 1 thru 100).  One round got me 660 XP, and completing level 1 (500 XP needed).  I am now at 160 XP out of 500 to go from completing level 2, and moving on to level 3.

Going to play another solo round on an official course to see if I can unlock the Under Armour shirt (which shows as free, and not premium)

Still no sight of the Detroit Golf Club though.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #4511 on: December 03, 2020, 01:55:18 PM »

Dowloaded, and installed.  I was at level 100.  I played one round at TPC Boston after installing the update.  It has additional levels that are unlocked from the "Premium" items (listed 1 thru 100).  One round got me 660 XP, and completing level 1 (500 XP needed).  I am now at 160 XP out of 500 to go from completing level 2, and moving on to level 3.

Going to play another solo round on an official course to see if I can unlock the Under Armour shirt (which shows as free, and not premium)

Do you not have to gain so much XP before the course unlocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4512 on: December 03, 2020, 02:02:59 PM »

Do you not have to gain so much XP before the course unlocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Detroit now shows as the first course under Official Courses, when I go to Local play on the PC version.  The game itself has not updated yet though.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #4513 on: December 03, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »
Relaunch Steam and you will receive the update.
~Senior Game Designer

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #4514 on: December 03, 2020, 02:07:29 PM »
I really would rather they do the “Bling” crap this way and then do the real updates to the game normally.  This way everyone can get what they want.  As long as it doesn’t affect the rest of us, I don’t care if people want to play in a Pumpkin hat with a Pink Flamingo putter.  When it affects the rest of us is when I will have a problem.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash