PGA Tour 2k21

• 5071 Replies

sroel908

« Reply #4530 on: December 03, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »
Any black shorts in the pass?

Can we get black shorts?

I believe the only shorts added had flamingos on them...not even joking.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4531 on: December 03, 2020, 04:09:23 PM »
JimGem did a video about the update ... check it out on his channel

Looks like most of the Mizuno clubs are behind the paywall. Some are available for free - the first free club reward is Mizuno wedges at level 37.

Someone on the TGCTours site has already done analysis on the Mizuno clubs.  They broke down every Mizuno club, and they have the same stats as some of the previously available club sets, so anyone that was worried about "pay to win" will be relieved.  The Mizuno clubs do not offer any bonus stats to make you a better golfer, as they only provide a visual appeal, and similar stats under the covers for already existing clubs.  For those who want the Mizuno clubs for the visual aspect this may be right up their alley.

That's definitely good news that it's not pay to win, but it's also quite a waste if all these new items to unlock are just cosmetic. Unless you're a diehard Mizuno, Goodr, or Under Armour fan, there's really no appeal to plunking down $8 or $15 this, IMO.

I would like to have the Mizuno clubs for the visual appeal, but even for me, $8 or $15 is a stretch for a virtual item that has no tangible value outside the game, and zero value once a new title is released. But to others, they think nothing of it, and spend the cash on a virtual item.  To each their own. 

I will stick with my Callaway/Under Armour gear that I already have.  I am already at level 100, so I have everything that I want.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 04:21:03 PM by IIJohnnyRingoII »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4532 on: December 03, 2020, 04:23:29 PM »
Any black shorts in the pass?

Can we get black shorts?

I believe the only shorts added had flamingos on them...not even joking.

::)  ;D
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Calavera999

« Reply #4533 on: December 03, 2020, 05:12:49 PM »
Waiting to read our first report of the elimination of the Series X/S swing animation glitch resulting from this patch! 

I may be the only member of PGA TOUR 2K21 nation who's foolish enough to download the PC and XBox One updates for the game simultaneously!  Both of them still have over 20 minutes to go!  :-[ :D

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, played a round with 2 pals and not only has the multiplayer scoreboard been moved to a really irritating place that gets in the way (a 5th of the way inside the left edge of the screen), but I had my power bar glitch. So did my buddy on the driving range.

At least we have a nice microtransaction ecosystem now though.
Courses:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

Vital Spark

« Reply #4534 on: December 03, 2020, 06:06:06 PM »
New course is really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4535 on: December 03, 2020, 06:06:18 PM »
You are right about the scorecard. Why the hell did they move that? Maybe it is a glitch?

😬

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Vital Spark

« Reply #4536 on: December 03, 2020, 06:08:33 PM »
Got it,you have to start a new Season for the Rocket Mortgage to appear in career mode....
You can play it in a casual game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4537 on: December 03, 2020, 06:11:33 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, played a round with 2 pals and not only has the multiplayer scoreboard been moved to a really irritating place that gets in the way (a 5th of the way inside the left edge of the screen), but I had my power bar glitch. So did my buddy on the driving range.

At least we have a nice microtransaction ecosystem now though.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but thanks for breaking the news to me gently.  I don't use the power bar, so that's one glitch I won't have to worry about  :)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4538 on: December 03, 2020, 06:19:04 PM »
You are right about the scorecard. Why the hell did they move that? Maybe it is a glitch?

😬

But at least it's a glitch that affects all XBoxes, not just the Series X and S :)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4539 on: December 03, 2020, 06:19:32 PM »
Some scorecard anomaly's in private matches.  There seem to be additional bugs added in from before.

Cathalos1991

« Reply #4540 on: December 03, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »
Relaunch Steam and you will receive the update.
Is there any plans to improve the speed of the designer on console?? Its shockingly slow and honestly isn't worth it anymore

Sent from my MRD-LX1N using Tapatalk

Course Designer
- Old Head Golf Links
- Old Course @ Ballybunion
- The Emirates Golf Club
- The Celtic Manor Resort
- Wentworth
- Killeen Castle Golf Club
- Highgarden Golf Resort
- Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Cill Mhuire Na nGall
- Royal County Down
- Crans-sur-Sierre

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4541 on: December 03, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
I had the scorecard on fade but it's still annoying. Turned it off. Guess I will writing down the results.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4542 on: December 03, 2020, 06:37:08 PM »
Scratch that. The results don't matter we get disconnected anyway.

Should have turned it off a while ago.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4543 on: December 03, 2020, 07:08:09 PM »
RDR recently had an update , some social club and it glitched the sound to bare minimum.   How do these sometimes ridiculous updates effect core gameplay
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Martbloke

« Reply #4544 on: December 03, 2020, 07:25:38 PM »
Ok so update then now that I have downloaded.

- Like the new course and is a welcome addition.
- Like the Mizuno stuff particularly the M-Craft 2 putter which can be obtained free (silver). Do like the blue (which is locked behind real payment, grrrr) but think silver is better.
- Idea of the pass is OK

Hates:
- Items locked behind pay walls (as cosmetic though it's OK at best as I don't need that crap!)
- Another bug with the multiplayer scorecard - seriously how did you do that if all that was added is cosmetics to the co system and a new course? Where does moving HUD objects come into that?
- No bug fixes that I can see. Not even small 1s like sorting the damn button help HUD not being able to fade nor set off (been there since launch) or bringing back the A button zoom to ball while in motion (lost that in the patch before). Of course I want most of the bigger bugs sorted but just highlighted a couple small 1s that could've at least been sorted if time is valuable and locked to cosmetic stuff.

C'mon guys, do better and fix the released game before adding junk and for the love of God stop breaking stuff!

EDIT: for anyone wanting to know, the Rocket Mortgage Classic @ Detroit replaces the Columbus Cup @ Emerald Lake GC in PGA TOUR mode (event 22).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 07:38:39 PM by Martbloke »

space-cash