PGA Tour 2k21

• 5092 Replies

Gasman

« Reply #4965 on: April 07, 2021, 06:18:14 PM »

Martbloke

« Reply #4966 on: April 07, 2021, 06:35:57 PM »
Augusta official announcement:

https://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2021-04-07/chairman_announces_new_masters_video_game.html

I mean, ding ding ding already. Not only is it the Masters but they are bringing immersion by bringing in:

"The Masters edition, announced during Augusta National Golf Club and Masters Tournament Chairman Fred Ridley's Wednesday Press Conference, includes components that incorporate the Augusta National Women's Amateur and Drive, Chip and Putt competitions, the Par 3 Contest, Honorary Starters, major moments, greatest shots and the Amen Corner Challenge."

"EA's Tiburon studio in Orlando, Fla., is developing the game with the Frostbite engine, which will offer "stunning fidelity, breathtaking immersive environments, and approachable, dynamic gameplay," according to EA."

Take a note HB and 2K. That's how you differentiate events.

Gameplay needs to be ace though. Even says about real physics for wind.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 06:50:08 PM by Martbloke »

leslie.sangster

« Reply #4967 on: April 07, 2021, 06:51:38 PM »
I can’t imagine playing two golf games at the same time it’s going to mess with your swing in one or the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4968 on: April 07, 2021, 07:41:47 PM »
Dynamic weather

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

hammers1man

« Reply #4969 on: April 08, 2021, 02:20:59 AM »
I can’t imagine playing two golf games at the same time it’s going to mess with your swing in one or the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You will need to have a controller in each hand and have 2 TVs right next to each other. Certainly wouldn't be easy 😉
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 02:24:41 AM by hammers1man »

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4970 on: April 08, 2021, 07:11:18 AM »
So, has anyone actually found the new Puma and Travis Matthew gear in 2K21

You Not Brought this fantastic Puma hat yet then....little surprised a company like Puma get involved in this silliness, but i am sure 1000's love this sort of stuff just not for me.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 08:01:46 AM by Yeltzman »

phil tarry

« Reply #4971 on: April 08, 2021, 09:14:12 AM »
HB concentrate on the main game
don't waste time on stupid stuff main games
comes 1st crap later

sroel908

« Reply #4972 on: April 08, 2021, 10:55:51 AM »
So, has anyone actually found the new Puma and Travis Matthew gear in 2K21

You Not Brought this fantastic Puma hat yet then....little surprised a company like Puma get involved in this silliness, but i am sure 1000's love this sort of stuff just not for me.

Yikes...

I did find the TravisMathew stuff and the new pair of Puma shoes later last night. No way I'm buying that Puma hat, though...

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4973 on: April 08, 2021, 12:30:38 PM »
And still no black shorts.....
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #4974 on: April 08, 2021, 01:44:47 PM »
Personally I don't care about the cartoon hats & clothing so I didn't look but I did see the canvas fences added back in to the designer. Thanks! Now I don't have to replace an entire driving range border.

What I was hoping for most with another update was the minimal but annoying screen freeze that occurs on the Series X at 60hz. It's been posted enough so you know they've read about it but it obviously wasn't addressed. Happened a couple times last night during 2 rounds & in the designer.

Baffling why HB would keep closed lipped about the technical side of their updates. Just include the patch notes in game, simple step in eliminating constant speculation.

I will say thanks also though to the continued attention to the game. Keep the improvements coming!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

sroel908

« Reply #4975 on: April 08, 2021, 03:14:21 PM »
Personally I don't care about the cartoon hats & clothing so I didn't look but I did see the canvas fences added back in to the designer. Thanks! Now I don't have to replace an entire driving range border.

What I was hoping for most with another update was the minimal but annoying screen freeze that occurs on the Series X at 60hz. It's been posted enough so you know they've read about it but it obviously wasn't addressed. Happened a couple times last night during 2 rounds & in the designer.

Baffling why HB would keep closed lipped about the technical side of their updates. Just include the patch notes in game, simple step in eliminating constant speculation.

I will say thanks also though to the continued attention to the game. Keep the improvements coming!

They did mention the technical updates that were part of the patch from the other day. They were all fixes aimed at Divot Derby.

lastchancehombre

« Reply #4976 on: April 08, 2021, 03:39:30 PM »

They did mention the technical updates that were part of the patch from the other day. They were all fixes aimed at Divot Derby.

Yeah I did see that but my point surrounds the other issues that have been lingering with the game. The newer frame freeze issue as I'd mentioned & things such as Society leaderboards. Stands to reason why they're not in any patch notes. Not addressed!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

sroel908

« Reply #4977 on: April 08, 2021, 03:49:37 PM »

Yeah I did see that but my point surrounds the other issues that have been lingering with the game. The newer frame freeze issue as I'd mentioned & things such as Society leaderboards. Stands to reason why they're not in any patch notes. Not addressed!

Ah, I see. Understood!

I'm still waiting on career mode leaderboards to get fixed. Just had this happen again last night:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:15:47 PM by sroel908 »

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4978 on: April 08, 2021, 07:11:47 PM »
How long will it take you to get bored of the same 15 or so courses though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have to have more than 15 if they want to make any kind of success. I mean, they really messed up with Rory's EIGHT courses on disc, and EA has to see that a game with 15 real life courses is successful like 2K21, as long as you offer a course creator with unlimited created content.

My guess is that EA's game will ship with somewhere around 20 courses. This would be the same amount that Tiger Woods 14 had. They will then do the usual, adding other courses down the road via DLC (paid or free, but I think we know which of those it will be...). So I'd expect about 30-40 total courses available for the game when it's all said and done. And I am not counting out the fact that EA's game may have some kind of course creation suite.

I still play TW 14 to this day, and don't get bored with it, due to the fact that it offers more real life courses, the licensed majors, etc. When it comes to single player career mode, TW14 really blows away 2K21, IMO.

And, the big positive is..once you have the courses they are on the hard drive and will always be there.  If 2k21 had that it would be a MUCH more valuable game.  Cause,,  once its over,  it's over. As it stands now.
   I dont know what to make of all of this.  Is HB going to come out on a more recent 2k engine with the course creator?  Would that put it ahead of EA,?   Why did EA rush to advertise this game a year in advance?  Noone does that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 07:13:40 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

FRSTDWN