Shot preview on Par 3 - goes to a 'ghost pin'?

• 12 Replies

Razor

• If only there was more time...
« on: May 13, 2020, 03:46:42 AM »
I have a par 3 hole that I designed, it has 4 pin placements. On one of the placements, the shot preview goes to a non existent pin position? On all of the other pin positions the shot preview goes exactly to the pin location. What am I doing wrong?
Courses:

Potter's Run Park

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 05:46:35 AM »
have you got the problem when another tee is close to another green the pin from the next hole appears on that green,EG you have say the 17th pin on the 16th green,just check them out.

If you have the problem come back to me for the solution,you have to delete a few tees.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 05:48:18 AM by Yeltzman »

mthunt

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 10:15:32 AM »
Is this in the HB version or the Simulator Version?  That happens in the sim version when the pin or tee is missing.  For example you have 4 pins on every green but the designer only put 3 on one green.  That green pin 4 goes to a phantom pin in the sim.  In the HB it goes to pin 3.  For the tee, if the designer puts 3 tees but 1 hole has 4 tees, the back tee on every hole will be a phantom tee in the sim and it'll default to the next tee up in the HB version.
Courses
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) 1st Lidar
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
National GC of Canada
Mississaugua G&CC mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L

Yeltzman

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 10:56:12 AM »
Or i wonder on the par 3s,there are two way points i wonder if you have the 1st one away from the 2nd one on the green,hope you sort it out.

Razor

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 04:43:44 AM »
Is this in the HB version or the Simulator Version?  That happens in the sim version when the pin or tee is missing.  For example you have 4 pins on every green but the designer only put 3 on one green.  That green pin 4 goes to a phantom pin in the sim.  In the HB it goes to pin 3.  For the tee, if the designer puts 3 tees but 1 hole has 4 tees, the back tee on every hole will be a phantom tee in the sim and it'll default to the next tee up in the HB version.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by the HB version on the Simulator version. I have THE GOLF CLUB 2019 PGA TOUR, I purchased thru Steam and play on a PC. I believe it is the HB version? After looking over again, I have 4 pins defined on the green, and I have 4 tees defined. On this hole, when I am playing the Blue Tees (3rd position) with pin position 3, it goes to the pin position 1, but there is NO pin there...the actual pin 3 is there, it just does not do a preview to that pin #3.
Courses:

Potter's Run Park

Razor

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 04:45:48 AM »
have you got the problem when another tee is close to another green the pin from the next hole appears on that green,EG you have say the 17th pin on the 16th green,just check them out.

If you have the problem come back to me for the solution,you have to delete a few tees.

I do not think this is the problem, when I am in the Designer and I look at all 4 pin positions, it states that they all are for that given hole.
Courses:

Potter's Run Park

Razor

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 04:53:43 AM »
Or i wonder on the par 3s,there are two way points i wonder if you have the 1st one away from the 2nd one on the green,hope you sort it out.

In the Designer I only see one waypoint, so I do not believe that is the problem. I have 4 pin placements, and 4 tees. When I play off of tee position 3, and pin position 3, the preview goes to pin placement 1 (but it does not SHOW the pin), but pin position 3 is on the green. So I just need to adjust my shot and go for the correct pin. Again, it is just the preview goes to pin placement 1. All of my other greens have 4 pin positions, and 4 tees, and all of those preview correctly. So not sure what is going on.
Courses:

Potter's Run Park

mthunt

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »

Sorry, not sure what you mean by the HB version on the Simulator version. I have THE GOLF CLUB 2019 PGA TOUR, I purchased thru Steam and play on a PC. I believe it is the HB version? After looking over again, I have 4 pins defined on the green, and I have 4 tees defined. On this hole, when I am playing the Blue Tees (3rd position) with pin position 3, it goes to the pin position 1, but there is NO pin there...the actual pin 3 is there, it just does not do a preview to that pin #3.

Ya.  Steam version is HB.  I've seen what your describing in the Simulator version
Courses
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) 1st Lidar
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
National GC of Canada
Mississaugua G&CC mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L

Yeltzman

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 10:30:48 AM »
found a picture of what i was describing it does not sound like its your problem as you can see its a 17th green pin (3),on the 16th green.this was a tgc2 picture but same problem still happens on tgc 2019.

Razor

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 12:48:28 AM »
found a picture of what i was describing it does not sound like its your problem as you can see its a 17th green pin (3),on the 16th green.this was a tgc2 picture but same problem still happens on tgc 2019.

Yes, it appears that is not my problem. But thanks for your attempted help.
Courses:

Potter's Run Park

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 10:37:29 PM »
When you designed the hole, did you move the original pin?   If the waypoint is still in the same place the camera will do that.  Just a guess though
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Razor

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 01:21:56 AM »
When you designed the hole, did you move the original pin?   If the waypoint is still in the same place the camera will do that.  Just a guess though

I cannot remember if I moved the original pin. On a par 3 does the 'preview' of the hole go to the waypoint no matter what the pin position? If that is the case, it appears that it is going to the way point, but not sure, because the waypoint is near the pin position 1 that the preview is going towards. I am playing for pin position 3.
Courses:

Potter's Run Park

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 12:48:59 PM »
Yes.  The camera always follows the waypoints.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash