[RCR] Glen Riddle: Man O'War (LIDAR) [FULL RELEASE!!! TY For support]

• 11 Replies

h-man_41

• PS4 Player, PC designer (LiDAR RCRs & Fictional)
« on: May 30, 2020, 11:44:07 PM »
Link to completed course page: Glen Riddle: Man O'War (LIDAR) http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,30388.0.html

GlenRiddle Golf Club Man O' War
Berlin, Maryland
The Man O’War Course occupies the westerly portion of GlenRiddle. The course features pure, windswept links golf. The golfer faces challenges often found in the British Isles including large greens, double fairways, pot bunkers, sand dunes, and the ever-present eastern shore winds. Man O'War is one of two 18-hole Championship courses at Glen Riddle Golf Club. Built on the grounds of retired Riddle farm, the courses are named after two championship horses, War Admiral and Man O' War, who were raised on the property. The historic racetrack used to train champion thoroughbreds is utilized as a strategic cross hazard on four holes (6-9). The Man O’War Course plays 7,196 yards and a par of 72 from the rear tees.

Information
Introducing the first update on my first hardcore attempt at a Real Course Recreation. What started as a fun project with my pops and I has grown into around 3-months of work with the hopes of sharing one of our favorite courses in Maryland. Man... this was hard to do, but I am fairly happy with how it has turned out. The course is approximately 95% done and I am currently placing the finishing touches and attempting to polish out the rough edges. That is where hopefully you reading this comes in. I am looking to post a Beta coming within the next couple days and I am hoping to employ the assistance of the community to play a test round.

Beta Testers
I am hoping to find a couple people willing to run through the beta and give some feedback / let me know if you find any issues. After playing the course numerous times, and making countless adjustments, it starts to look the same, and a fresh eyes are always helpful. I promise it is a wonderful play, a beautiful track, and you will certainly be challenged by this link style course.

I have the game on PlayStation 4 and Steam. Feel free to PSN message me at H-Man_41 if you'd like to play, and we could even play together to get a caddie to help you navigate the fairways! If you are on XBOX or PC message here or respond to the thread, please. When I post the beta version I will post the name under this thread!

Pictures
To view progress I provided several shots of my course below in the thread side-by-side with real photos of Man O'War!
Full Real Course Flyover! YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=wi5hvtwCkaw&feature=emb_logo
Real Course Website - https://glenriddlegolf.com/

Hole 2

Hole 5

Hole 6
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:18:34 PM by h-man_41 »
Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:
Glen Riddle: Man O'War (LIDAR)

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club
Watering Hills (Not very good at all lol)

h-man_41

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 11:53:07 PM »
Hole 13

Hole 17

Hole 18

Overhead
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 12:18:30 AM by h-man_41 »
Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club

h-man_41

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 10:08:11 PM »
Hey all!

I just published the Beta test of this course. Anyone interested can play it now "LiDarBETA-ManOWar"

If you do... please let me know if you run across any problems so I can polish the final course.

Thanks!
Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 12:48:18 PM »
Haven't tried it yet.  2 yrs ago (pre lidar) I did the war admiral at Glen riddle. Haven't gotten my feet wet with lidar but it's a good tool.  I will give it a go soon as I can.  Are you going to do war admiral as well?
   Read your write up,  yes it does take months and becomes all consuming trying to do one of these rcr courses.  It looks good what you've done so far.   Hopefully the new game allows for proper pot bunkers and you can apply them in a transfer to 2k21.    Looks pretty spot on,,,,, how about adding some rough shrubbery in front of that retaining wall to match the photo of the real course?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 07:01:49 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

reels29

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
This looks and plays fantastic. Great job. I've played there a few times and it felt very very familiar. Found some places to hit from that Ive done for real. Nice job, looking forward to the final

h-man_41

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 02:28:51 PM »
Haven't tried it yet.  2 yrs ago (pre lidar) I did the war admiral at Glen riddle. Haven't gotten my feet wet with lidar but it's a good tool.  I will give it a go soon as I can.  Are you going to do war admiral as well?
   Read your write up,  yes it does take months and becomes all consuming trying to do one of these rcr courses.  It looks good what you've done so far.   Hopefully the new game allows for proper pot bunkers and you can apply them in a transfer to 2k21.    Looks pretty spot on,,,,, how about adding some rough shrubbery in front of that retaining wall to match the photo of the real course?

Funny enough I have actually played a few of your courses. I played your War Admiral and Lighthouse Sound a while ago in the game. Then on Tuesday I played the real Gettysburg for the first time, and played your adaption this morning. It is awesome getting to play real courses in the game that you are familiar with in real life.

I have considered at taking a shot at War Admiral. However, since you have already done one, that is further down my list. I have already started on Rum Pointe, another RUARK Course in Ocean City, and that will be my next course posted after Man O'War.

I'd love to be able to recreate the railroading that they have around the bunkers on  Man O'War, but hopefully that will be possible in 2K21.

I am working on getting Man O'War fully published tonight! If you are on PS4 we can certainly run a round together sometime this week if you care to. If not, I hope you enjoy it whenever you get a chance to play.

Cheers.
Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club

h-man_41

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 02:44:02 PM »
The course is finished! Will be published and playable on the game tonight or tomorrow. Currently putting together summaries for each hole, adapted from the real official yardage book to be posted on the forums hopefully later today under completed courses.

Here is a sneak peak:

Hole 1: "Bell"
The first hole of the Man O'War course plays 416 yards from the back tees and partially shares a fairway with hole 10 to the right. Careful of the bunkers straddling the landing zone off the tee. A shorter drive is probably recommended if you cannot hit past them. Then a second shot to a false front green which is rather receptive. Be careful not to go left of the green which makes for a difficult short side up an down.
Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 06:00:38 PM »

Funny enough I have actually played a few of your courses. I played your War Admiral and Lighthouse Sound a while ago in the game. Then on Tuesday I played the real Gettysburg for the first time, and played your adaption this morning. It is awesome getting to play real courses in the game that you are familiar with in real life.

I have considered at taking a shot at War Admiral. However, since you have already done one, that is further down my list. I have already started on Rum Pointe, another RUARK Course in Ocean City, and that will be my next course posted after Man O'War.

I'd love to be able to recreate the railroading that they have around the bunkers on  Man O'War, but hopefully that will be possible in 2K21.

I am working on getting Man O'War fully published tonight! If you are on PS4 we can certainly run a round together sometime this week if you care to. If not, I hope you enjoy it whenever you get a chance to play.

Cheers.

It's so much better when you start with lidar data.im hopeful 2k21 introduces pot bunkers so you can make some transition changes for the new game.  I also wish we had a better slant tool so we could properly slant and bury the support braces as a lot of courses have in real life.  I'd like to give a go to man o war sometime on ps4.  Send me a friend request so I k ow when you're on.  I am jeffield1 ( if I remember correctly).  Been a while since I looked at it.
    I think my legends course is my 1st or 2nd best course of the 4 I created.  But again, that was pre lidar.  I was just finishing it when lidar was I troduced and thought,  well. No more rcr's until I dig I to this lidar thing.  So I've been stagnant.  Too much to do to go at it.  Maybe someday.   Lot of nice courses out there.   Some great fictional courses too.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 07:49:41 AM »
Couldnt find your course/ tried to load it up b4 work this morning.      I may be able to catch you tonight or tomorrow afternoon/evening if you want to connect on ps4
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

h-man_41

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 01:30:13 PM »
The Beta was LiDarBETA-ManOWar
The final publication will be posted today (Hopefully within the hour...)
Trying to get done and published out before I head out for my tee time this afternoon in the real world.
Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club

h-man_41

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 01:46:38 PM »

im hopeful 2k21 introduces pot bunkers so you can make some transition changes for the new game.  I also wish we had a better slant tool so we could properly slant and bury the support braces as a lot of courses have in real life.  I'd like to give a go to man o war sometime on ps4.
[/quote]

Also, since taking those photos, I have made significant adjustments to those bunkers... they look much more "pot-like" and as close to the real sculpt of the land as I could. Really happy with them now.
I won't tease those with a photo, however. I guess people will have to play it to see them lol
Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club

h-man_41

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 11:17:37 PM »
The fully completed course has now been published. Shout out to Colinmafia for playing the BETA and providing feedback, and to the 108 others who played the beta!

Here is a link to the completed course page: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,30388.0.html

The in game name of the course is Glen Riddle: Man O'War (LIDAR)

Thank you for your time!

RCR Courses:

Fictional Courses:
Goose Bay Golf Club

space-cash