Backswing resets each and everytime, making it impossible to play the game....

• 1 Replies

MORTradio

• Harry plays golf for us, and Harry hates golf....
    • MORTradio
« on: July 28, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »
I had stopped playing TGC 2019 for a while, so perhaps I am being punished.  :-\

Anyway....

The last time I played the game (months ago) everything was fine (other than my crappy golf play, but that's another story). Swing, hit the ball, move, repeat, and so on.

I fired up the game about two weeks ago. It stated that there was an update pending, so I installed the update. Afterwards, I started the game again, going to the driving range. When the driving range loaded in, I went to make a swing with the driver, but it only moved for a moment, and then would reset, not allowing me to make a full backswing, let alone allow me to hit the ball. Thinking nothing of it, I tried again, and got the same result. Needless to say, I continued trying to do the backswing, but was unable to because it would simply reset.

I tried another controller (I always have had two controllers charging), and I started having the same results as I did with the first controller: Backswing resetting with every try.

I then unpackaged a new controller, paired it with my PS4, and tried that one, and still had the same results.

I then went to the course designer, and found that I had no problem with any of the controllers in regards to moving the designer icons about and designing courses. Yet, when I went into Practice Test mode from the course designer to test hitting the ball from the tee, I was once again plagued with the backswing resetting.

In the end, I did an obligatory uninstall/reinstall of the game, and was met with the same frustration, so I closed out TGC 2019 and proceeded to play something else.

I was just going to uninstall TGC 2019 permanently and send choice words to the HB Devs on Twitter, but I had a couple of shots of Jack Daniels and came to the forum first to see if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, is there a way to correct it?

And so, simply put, the backswing resets after only moving a little, no matter what controller I used, which makes playing the game impossible since it is not allowing to hit the balls (which is kind of a requirement to play the game).

Thanks in advance for your time in reading this, and any help that you can offer.

POST SCRIPT: The controllers that I was using are working just fine with every other game that I play, and as I already mention, work fine while in the TGC Course Designer.
It's time we talk about it....

THERAYaka

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 12:19:28 AM »
You're going to have to go into your PS4 settings and change Controller connection to USB as opposed to Bluetooth. Then you'll have to play with your controller wired to the PS4. I hope this helps, it's been happening to a lot of PS4 players.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

space-cash