XBox Series X version of 2K21 - the hard facts?

• 131 Replies

Thrangar

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2020, 03:46:53 PM »
I’ve just watched to PS4 guys playing this game using master settings and it’s a ****ing different game their playing to us on Xbox.

I'm curious, different in what way?  Can you link what you saw?  I'd be curious to see it.
https://twitch.tv/zorbacles

His last twitch stream he’s now playing the game on his PS4 wired and he says he’s playing much better now. I’ve watched him play three rounds admittedly on an easyish course but the number of perfects he got was insane. His poor shots didn’t look as bad either. I’ve also just watched one of Frans streams again on PS4 and I counted twenty perfect shots in a round of 62 -10, the stats at the end show he hit 78.57% fir and 94.4% GIR and had 1.56 putts per hole. So he’s had 62 shots -27 putts that leaves 35 other shots and 20 of those were perfect. The other 15 were within or just outside the grey forgiveness zone. I can barely do that in a good round and Frans other rounds he’s been playing are just as good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There could be more to it than just the controller, I play masters and if he is lvl 100 with full access to all clubs, he could be hitting wedges into greens vrs long Irons, and I have noticed slight miss hits on long Irons are more punishing than slight off hits with wedges.

Also if he has access to all clubs he may have a better match up with clubs that cover his weaknesses than you do.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

leslie.sangster

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2020, 04:09:33 PM »
I’ve just watched to PS4 guys playing this game using master settings and it’s a ****ing different game their playing to us on Xbox.

I'm curious, different in what way?  Can you link what you saw?  I'd be curious to see it.

His last twitch stream he’s now playing the game on his PS4 wired and he says he’s playing much better now. I’ve watched him play three rounds admittedly on an easyish course but the number of perfects he got was insane. His poor shots didn’t look as bad either. I’ve also just watched one of Frans streams again on PS4 and I counted twenty perfect shots in a round of 62 -10, the stats at the end show he hit 78.57% fir and 94.4% GIR and had 1.56 putts per hole. So he’s had 62 shots -27 putts that leaves 35 other shots and 20 of those were perfect. The other 15 were within or just outside the grey forgiveness zone. I can barely do that in a good round and Frans other rounds he’s been playing are just as good.

There could be more to it than just the controller, I play masters and if he is lvl 100 with full access to all clubs, he could be hitting wedges into greens vrs long Irons, and I have noticed slight miss hits on long Irons are more punishing than slight off hits with wedges.

Also if he has access to all clubs he may have a better match up with clubs that cover his weaknesses than you do.
He’s level 60’s I’m level 96 what does level have to do with hitting straight shots
Edit: watch his stream then give me your take on it.
Edit2: he’s also using a driver with very little forgiveness where I’m using one with high forgiveness. You could just say I’m ****e at the game if you want but I think I’m about average.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:13:09 PM by leslie.sangster »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »

Thanks for the link.  I watched some of that and I can't believe how consistently he was striping it and staying well within the perfect tempo zone!  That doesn't look like anything I see when I play :o  I still enjoy the game however, even when I'm struggling to break par in Pro-Am settings  8)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2020, 04:20:58 PM »

Thanks for the link.  I watched some of that and I can't believe how consistently he was striping it and staying well within the perfect tempo zone!  That doesn't look like anything I see when I play :o  I still enjoy the game however, even when I'm struggling to break par in Pro-Am settings  8)
I’m enjoying the game for what it is when I play courses for practice I just don’t enjoy playing in a competitive environment when I know I’m starting off at a disadvantage and you realise that HB can’t or won’t do anything about levelling the playing field.

bob5453

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2020, 04:23:09 PM »

I've played 200 Matches in head to head multiplayer which uses Pro on PC. Their are guys now striping every shot. It is also taking a little longer to find a match, which I expected, but it is still a lot of fun to play a match with someone who is about equal to my skill level.
My TGC 2k21 courses
The Big Valley
Roy Rogers Happy Trails
Gilligan's Island Par 3
Magestic Mountain

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

FRSTDWN

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »

I’m enjoying the game for what it is when I play courses for practice I just don’t enjoy playing in a competitive environment when I know I’m starting off at a disadvantage and you realise that HB can’t or won’t do anything about levelling the playing field.

What makes this game great or any game great is finding people you enjoy playing with . There are multiple ways to do that if you want too but it takes some effort. No victims in online gaming it's what you make of it.

I have asked you many times to play. I know a bunch of great guys who play straight up. I play guys who use aids as well. I just leave it open. No excuses why you can't find a competitive environment. It's not HB job .

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Thrangar

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2020, 03:42:59 PM »

He’s level 60’s I’m level 96 what does level have to do with hitting straight shots
Edit: watch his stream then give me your take on it.
Edit2: he’s also using a driver with very little forgiveness where I’m using one with high forgiveness. You could just say I’m ****e at the game if you want but I think I’m about average.

Sorry gave you too much credit...your just bad at this...and who cares if he cheats
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Gasman

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2020, 04:16:30 PM »
The Xbox version is definitely the better game when looking at PS & PC difficulty.
I’m sure I would of walked away from the game if I was shooting low sixties every round.
I’m genuinely enjoying this game & it’s depth to a point where I’m even accepting of it’s visual shortcomings.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2020, 01:24:50 PM »
The Xbox version is definitely the better game when looking at PS & PC difficulty.
I’m sure I would of walked away from the game if I was shooting low sixties every round.

I have the benefit of having both the PC and XBox One X versions, and it's demonstrably clear to me that the PC version is easier because I'm able to run it at almost twice the frame rate.  Even at that, I'm having to play the PC version of the game in Pro-Am swing difficulty to average par. 

Just to give you an idea of where I'm at right now in this game, I played the Official 2K21 Society (XBox One X) tournament yesterday at Quail Hollow.  As you know, the Official Society tournaments are played in "Pro" (stock) difficulty.  I do turn the distance control meters off in the Display & HUD settings, as I find them a distraction.  I shot 90 and 86 in my two rounds. :-[  In the first round I hit 4 fairways and 5 greens in regulation.  I'm about to try that same tournament on my PC for comparison, but history shows me that I'll be 8 to 10 shots better in Pro-Am.  I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to point out how much of a difference there is between these two difficulty levels in a game that has six of them!?  I'm just glad that Pro-Am (distance control meters off) is such a good fit for me.

I’m genuinely enjoying this game & it’s depth to a point where I’m even accepting of it’s visual shortcomings.

In some ways, there's a warmth to the XBox One X's graphics that I can't quite dial in on the PC.  I can get the PC's graphics to look sharper and more detailed, on most courses, but overall I prefer the warmer ambiance of the One X version... I can't quite put my finger on it.  Still, when I think of the Series X running 2K21 at 60 FPS, little waves of euphoria being traversing down my neck 8)

I'll come back and post the differences I see in more detail on Quail Hollow on the PC in the Official 2K21 Society tournament there.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2020, 03:10:31 PM »
To compare the XBox One X to the PC version, I just finished playing the Official 2K21 Society tournament at Quail Hollow.  The first thing I had to do was take the resolution from 2160p to 1440p, and set the object detail down from 100 to 92.  This allowed the frame rate to go from 34 FPS to 55 FPS, on the first tee.  I can run at least 90% of the other courses I've tried at 2160p and 100% course object detail. Quail Hollow is the worst offender.

I shot 81 and 83 on the PC, compared to 90 and 86 on the XBox One X.  Both of my PC rounds featured 2, 3-putt greens from inside 3 feet though, and the last one a 4-putt green from six feet!  It's because the putting stroke animation is so much smoother, it feels like I'm giving it too much power and I leave 2 and 3 foot putts short of the hole.  Once I get my senses acclimated to the putting stroke on the PC, I can manage it much better.

I actually hit 64% FIR and 50% GIR on the PC version, whereas I was 46% FIR and 33% GIR on the XBox One X.

One thing I did see in my testing at Quail Hollow, is I doubt the Series X could support a steady 60 FPS with Quail Hollow.  The vsync would have to be able to be turned off, as I do in the PC version, to allow it to run at the frame rate it's able to run on a given course.   Fortunately, that would be >60 FPS on the Series X, based on my experience with a PC that's about 70% as powerful as a Series X.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2020, 06:26:43 PM »
To compare the XBox One X to the PC version, I just finished playing the Official 2K21 Society tournament at Quail Hollow.  The first thing I had to do was take the resolution from 2160p to 1440p, and set the object detail down from 100 to 92.  This allowed the frame rate to go from 34 FPS to 55 FPS, on the first tee.  I can run at least 90% of the other courses I've tried at 2160p and 100% course object detail. Quail Hollow is the worst offender.

I shot 81 and 83 on the PC, compared to 90 and 86 on the XBox One X.  Both of my PC rounds featured 2, 3-putt greens from inside 3 feet though, and the last one a 4-putt green from six feet!  It's because the putting stroke animation is so much smoother, it feels like I'm giving it too much power and I leave 2 and 3 foot putts short of the hole.  Once I get my senses acclimated to the putting stroke on the PC, I can manage it much better.

I actually hit 64% FIR and 50% GIR on the PC version, whereas I was 46% FIR and 33% GIR on the XBox One X.

One thing I did see in my testing at Quail Hollow, is I doubt the Series X could support a steady 60 FPS with Quail Hollow.  The vsync would have to be able to be turned off, as I do in the PC version, to allow it to run at the frame rate it's able to run on a given course.   Fortunately, that would be >60 FPS on the Series X, based on my experience with a PC that's about 70% as powerful as a Series X.

I was scoring similarly to yourself until I took a good look at society stats for my rounds & realised where I was dropping shots, club choices are really key to getting closer to par. If your like me & went straight for earning enough coin to buy the clubs with the best distance my advice is ditch the irons & wedges.
 I’m using a very forgiving wedge set ranging from LW @ 79 yards through to PW @ 116, Irons 9I@ 140 through to 4I@ 186 are also very forgiving, 5 wood @ 204,3 wood @ 248 & Driver @ 287. With this set you get a great range of distances in the pitch selection which really help me concentrate on full shots most of the time. I also have the benefit of concentrating solely on the
Xbox version which is probably your biggest handicap trying to play the game on multiple platforms.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2020, 10:27:38 PM »
I will pre order it but for whatever reason I'm not that excited about it.  I really don't see much hype about it either. 

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2020, 10:02:37 PM »
I was scoring similarly to yourself until I took a good look at society stats for my rounds & realised where I was dropping shots, club choices are really key to getting closer to par. If your like me & went straight for earning enough coin to buy the clubs with the best distance my advice is ditch the irons & wedges.
 I’m using a very forgiving wedge set ranging from LW @ 79 yards through to PW @ 116, Irons 9I@ 140 through to 4I@ 186 are also very forgiving, 5 wood @ 204,3 wood @ 248 & Driver @ 287. With this set you get a great range of distances in the pitch selection which really help me concentrate on full shots most of the time. I also have the benefit of concentrating solely on the
Xbox version which is probably your biggest handicap trying to play the game on multiple platforms.

I've been on both extremes with clubs.  I was using the most forgiving irons for the longest, then I kept finding myself  in lots of heavy rough situations, with a long distance left to the green.  This made me go with what would give me the most carry with the 3-iron.  I've got the most forgiving wedge set, with the longest irons.

As far as the driver, and my woods... I seem to miss as many fairways with the 279 yard Callaway as I do the 295 yard Bridgestone, so until I see a trend going the other way, I'll stick with the Bridgestone.  I'm on the longer carry fairway woods because there are lots of times when I'll leave the driver in the bag and I need that 245 yard 3-wood carry.

I am convinced that my biggest obstacle is trying to go back and forth between two platforms that yield such a difference in swing interface feel. 
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2020, 01:15:50 AM »
JC my son who is 12 but probably 16 mentally wants a gaming rig. Any advice? Looking at 800 to 1200 range. I am clueless when it comes to pc gaming.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 01:18:12 AM by FRSTDWN »

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2020, 10:48:51 AM »
Trying to pre order on Xbox store . Won't open. Typical MS.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash