mouse / keyboard designer bugs

• 16 Replies

Ariel Atom

« on: August 21, 2020, 01:09:33 PM »
Hi all at HB,

I wanted to let you know that I found pg up / pg down does not work for adjusting plant height like it used to in TGC19 (it still says it does). That seems to have been replaced by Q and E, which is actually better; that no longer means moving your hand in order to raise / lower plants by a significant amount.

The problem is that after hitting Q to lower said trees, it switches to some kind of 'add spline path' mode... For the time being, sunken tree / texture work has to be done by using the scroll wheel, which for planting is very slow and tedious. E raises them without issue.

Also, note that since Q and E now work for raising and lowering sculpting brushes (was only the scroll wheel in TGC19 iirc), you can't end with holding Q only once and then adjust brush size normally; doing so activates advanced edit since Q is the hotkey for that. So Q must be pressed twice to adjust brush height this way. Just like with changing tree height, E works normally / as intended here too.

I'm assuming you guys have also found that there's now a 1ft1in number with the sculpting brushes as well; aside from that one number it seems to be the same 'no inches number' thing. I know you guys are working on this but am not sure if you got any feedback on how it is in this patch yet.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to many more hours spent creating courses in 2k21 :)

jeffro

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 05:55:33 PM »
Does the measure tool work for you ?  I can place the measure tool but it does not give me measurements.

Ariel Atom

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 03:35:16 AM »
I have only really used the measure tool for drawing so far, so haven't really paid attention to that

MRose

• I like you Betty.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 11:56:31 PM »

I'm not able to filter the tree planting menu down to by theme. It shows up in the menu as a right click, which does nothing when I attempt it.
Salt Creek Club • Maple Glen • El Vinedo • Casa Verde • Pinelands • Diamond Creek Reservoir • The Snack Nine • Macedon Ranges • Canyon Trail • Parkland Municipal • Monterey Highlands • Black Spruce

Rjwils30

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 04:04:35 PM »
All of the above for me as well.
Blue River Dunes GC
Elysian Downs Golf Club
Falling Water Golf Club
Reverand Green Golf Club
Ellie Cliffs
Ollie Heath
The Sandbelt
Ollie Links
New Highland Dunes GC

AndersNM

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 02:40:25 PM »
Hi all at HB,

I wanted to let you know that I found pg up / pg down does not work for adjusting plant height like it used to in TGC19 (it still says it does). That seems to have been replaced by Q and E, which is actually better; that no longer means moving your hand in order to raise / lower plants by a significant amount.

The problem is that after hitting Q to lower said trees, it switches to some kind of 'add spline path' mode... For the time being, sunken tree / texture work has to be done by using the scroll wheel, which for planting is very slow and tedious. E raises them without issue.

Also, note that since Q and E now work for raising and lowering sculpting brushes (was only the scroll wheel in TGC19 iirc), you can't end with holding Q only once and then adjust brush size normally; doing so activates advanced edit since Q is the hotkey for that. So Q must be pressed twice to adjust brush height this way. Just like with changing tree height, E works normally / as intended here too.

I'm assuming you guys have also found that there's now a 1ft1in number with the sculpting brushes as well; aside from that one number it seems to be the same 'no inches number' thing. I know you guys are working on this but am not sure if you got any feedback on how it is in this patch yet.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to many more hours spent creating courses in 2k21 :)

I also found that you can't raise or lower water with the page up and shift key as stands in the game, and you can't raise or lower with Q or E either. So far I have not found how to raise or lower water bodies.

aftrshok99

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 09:09:16 PM »
My cursor for the mouse is offset by a large distance from the brush tool when trying to sculpt terrain. This doesn't happen on my work pc but does on my home pc. I have a Radeon RX 580 graphics card in my home pc.
Steam Name: aftrshok99
PSN: aftrshok99

Courses:
The Forum Country Club - Hole 16

In Progress:
WHCC (Local Course)

apjgilbert

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 03:40:42 PM »
Hi all at HB,

I also found that you can't raise or lower water with the page up and shift key as stands in the game, and you can't raise or lower with Q or E either. So far I have not found how to raise or lower water bodies.
The mouse scroll wheel (if you have one) still works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntingLeopard

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 05:27:17 PM »
Steam just updated.  After update it still does not sort by theme for objects when you right click.  I have not had the other problems people had, so those still work for me. 

The Money Tour (TMT)

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 09:21:57 AM »
Q & E appear to be the replacement

Ariel Atom

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »
Q & E appear to be the replacement

...which would be so awesome, except Q also doubles as advanced edit and spline multi-plant.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »
Ah, that explains a bug that I was going to point out.  When you hit Q for advanced edit, it lowers.  I didn't realize that it was because Q was doubling as the lower button as well.  Those need to be detached. 

Doume6307

• GroupMember
    • DB Golf Designs
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 04:40:52 AM »
Post a topic too fast without checking this one :

When you are planting several objects, you are forces to escape to object selection to make the U(undo) key work. It is especially annoying when you plant objects with characteristics (height, size) modified. :mad:

That worked in 2019.

PC / Keyboard-Mouse have been extremely neglected by HB. I cannot understand why they boggled this.
My 2K21 Courses :

WP-Classical(Tour)

To come : BeechWood Valley / TGC France

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 10:59:28 AM »
Just to add one more little inconsistency:

I have reversed both mousemovements, such that the i get the feeling of moving the picture (not the camera) in the designer. An now, guess what:

Q raises and E lowers objects. From what I read in this thread this should be reversed.

The most anoying coming from the double functionality of Q is that (in my setting) all "natural" objects (Trees, Rocks, Plants and Grass) can only be lowered and no longer be raised as Q goes to a ONE time spline filling mode and then resets the object. The solution to do it: find a place in the terrain that is higher, prepare the object, move back to where you want to place it an slowly!! lower it into its final position.

What needs to be done; Bug fixing:
  • Seperate the functions on two different keys (PGup/PGdown) was fine and logical on the keyboard.
  • Give keyboard quidance for the actual keys used, not what it once was. Still says Pgup/Pcdown for raising and lowerigng.
What sould be done; Whishfull thinking:
  • Leave the planting spine and allow changing of object without removing it.
  • Allow resizing, raising and lowering also for multiplanting of objects.

Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

HuntingLeopard

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 12:41:59 AM »
The latest patch has fixed the lower / raise (page down / up now work).

It also fixed the use them objects and added a use planted objects option (with right clicks).

The only bug (designer wise) I can see is that I cannot delete OB.  The U key has no effect on my system. 

space-cash