XBox One 1.03 Patch status

• 18 Replies

lastchancehombre

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 03:45:34 PM »
I don't know if it's just me but calibration helped a bunch yesterday versus days prior. Odd thing is that was before I downloaded the patch. Started getting a higher % of 'perfects' on Master difficulty.

I haven't calibrated post patch because I'm still getting them. Either way it's the 1st time that calibration made a big difference on that difficulty setting.

I haven't looked yet either as to whether other things have been ironed out like replays, stats, & so on. Let's hope so! This game deserves all the attention it's creators can give it!

Good to hear the calibration is helping.  I can't tell that it's helped me and I've tried it twice.  I've posted an 83 and an 88 at East Lake since the patch, in Pro difficulty.  I'm spraying the ball right and left with tempos that are all over the map.  I'm going to try a round with my stock controller next to see if that helps.  At some points, I've had less success with the Elite 2 than the stock with 2K21.

How would you describe your overall swing speed?  Slow, Medium, Fast, Very Fast?  I'm trying to take slower backswings, but while they feel better, they always seem to set me up for an even slower downswing tempo ???

Stock controller for me JC, reasonably new but I'll say this that after experimenting with slow & fast swings (both directions) the only thing that works for me for getting any kind of consistency and close to perfect downswing is an aggressive pull back & almost a hard slam forward to catch the centered zone area.

Practiced that for quite a bit (and still do) and I get the best results! Kind of reminds me though of what a golf instructor told a buddy of mine one time when he 1st took a lesson to try to iron out his swing problems, he took one look at his swing & said "son, golf is not a game of violence!"

Absolutely reminds me of my swing at least in this game. I have yet to break par on Master with all aid's off but I'm sniffing around +1 to +5 with a few double digit disasters thrown in. The upside to those is that I know when I'm off so I zero in on the timing of that aggressive pull/hard downswing & I'll usually straighten things out pretty quick.
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

hoosier404

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 05:01:31 PM »
JC, dont know that I can say its due to the patch but it does seem like uphill putts just stop more than pre patch so yes I was leaving them short also today.  In addition, seems to me like the downhill putts did not run as far but its tough to tell as the speeds of the greens are different course to course and I try to adjust.  As for swing, I can control a fast swing pretty well now but am trying to learn how to do a slow to fade balls in especially on approach shots.  The problem is the slow you lose a ton of yardage, the fast you gain a fair amount but you can loft up or club down to account for it.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 08:08:27 PM »
I don't notice much difference.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

SSenator

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 09:51:55 AM »
A little late here but, I haven't really noticed much difference post patch.
I still have problems with Fast and Slow.I mostly get them in the grey area but sometimes not.
I find that if I do a shorter swing and try to hit 100% or less (by accident) my percentage of Perfects goes up considerably.
To do this it has to be a pretty quick action,especially with my hand after the stroke.

I haven't really noticed any difference putting. I pull back on the stick just slightly until the animation starts back,then I stop pulling back. This gets the putter moving much slower so you can keep up with the speed. I've found that if you swing like that then the amount the animation has to move is very close to 2019. Makes it much easier to not "hammer" putts,especially the short ones.Also usually leaves the misses a lot closer so my Alt-Shot partner doesn't moan. :o
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:53:41 AM by SSenator »
R.I.P. Divotmaker. It was my pleasure to have known you.

space-cash