Leave options just as they are for XBox One /S /X
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 16, 2020, 11:53:47 AM

XBox Series X version "perks" for PGA TOUR 2K21

• 420 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #390 on: January 06, 2021, 01:01:39 PM »
Yeah Pandora takes 2-3 times to get it to work in the background while playing this game. It also has problems with the mini control thing that shows the artist, lets you pause skip etc. Not a huge deal but it gets annoying.  I suspect it has to do with the resume now option.

I am talking about a wireless talk mic not a headset. THe Xbox 360 had one. I will not wear headphones because I have surround sound. It is crazy that most advanced console every made makes you use a wired mic to the controller to talk.

https://www.geekwire.com/2011/xbox-unveils-bluetooth-earpiece/

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #391 on: January 06, 2021, 01:43:46 PM »
I am talking about a wireless talk mic not a headset. THe Xbox 360 had one. I will not wear headphones because I have surround sound. It is crazy that most advanced console every made makes you use a wired mic to the controller to talk.
https://www.geekwire.com/2011/xbox-unveils-bluetooth-earpiece/

Oh yeah... I had one of those for my 360 and I loved it.  I'm like you in that I want to hear game audio via my surround sound system, not a headset. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #392 on: January 06, 2021, 01:47:33 PM »
Yea it worked really well. I actually still have it and tried to connect to the SX but no dice. I wonder if there is a way to get it to connect.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #393 on: January 07, 2021, 12:55:05 PM »
Yea it worked really well. I actually still have it and tried to connect to the SX but no dice. I wonder if there is a way to get it to connect.

I can't find my Microsoft talk mic, but I have a wireless receiver that I plugged into the USB port on my PC to be able to use the talk mic on it, along with my XBox 360 controller.  If I can find it, I'll try connecting the wireless receiver to my XBox Series X to see if it will even recognize it.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #394 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:55 PM »
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:49:27 PM by FRSTDWN »

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2021, 11:23:36 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/microsoft-wanted-to-buy-nintendo-145746874.html

Tried to buy EA as well.

Wow... I didn't realize they were that aggressive :o  I wish they'd buy Take 2 so they'd have the rights to publish at least a retro version of what was to be Links 2007 on the XBox 360!
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2021, 11:41:27 AM »
FWIW, I did install Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour on my Series X a couple of days ago to see how it would be affected on the latest and greatest hardware.  I already owned it from the week it was originally released, back in 2015, but had retired it less than a month later.  I never could by into its swing interface for various reasons.

Anyway, it did get the benefit of the Auto-HDR, but in this case I'm not so sure that the Auto-HDR actually turns out to be a detriment to the looks of the game, at least while in motion.  I always thought there was an annoying bit of shimmering in the graphics of this game that was attributable to its texturing.  It looks fantastic in screen shots, but leads to some flashing between light levels that looks unnatural.  The range of the flashing is seemingly broadened by the expanded HDR, making it even more annoying, IMO.

The game loaded a ton faster, which is good because it was subject to some very long load times.  I couldn't tell any difference in the animation of the game, nor the feel of the swing on the Series X, but I didn't expect any because like PGA TOUR 2K21, this one is just 'backward compatible' with no additional Series X enhancements.

I won't be going back and playing RMPGAT after trying it again over the last two days.  It's just not my cup of tea.  The swing interface doesn't work for me and I don't like the camera presentation options, nor the angles and cuts the one's provided afford.  Finally, the putting in this game has less feel than I recalled from 5 years ago.

I'll say this for the game though, I liked the animation level, realism, and movement of the galleries and the quality of the graphics in still shots.  If I was a 3-click player, I'd probably still be playing the game though.  It might have the best 3-click interface I've ever seen in a console golf game, but unfortunately 3-click quit floating my boat in the year 2000.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2021, 03:27:35 PM »
I thought about dl it again from it's digital grave but couldn't bring myself to do it . It must stay buried 😠😃

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2021, 04:54:38 PM »
Upgraded to series X today & now running on an OLED panel.
Played 2K21 on a few courses & I do think things look better & run smoother. Struggling with the swing but that’s due to lack of practice more than anything.
Not sure if it’s the console or the panel that gives the game a bump in visuals but even on game mode it looks nice.
Still can’t believe the button prompts are still on when set to off after all this time.

Do HB ever fix anything????

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #399 on: January 09, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »
Upgraded to series X today & now running on an OLED panel.
Played 2K21 on a few courses & I do think things look better & run smoother.

Kudos on your purchase.  I did an A/B comparison between the game on my Series X and XBox One, while they were still connected to the same 4K display.  There's no doubt it looks a bit better on the Series X due mostly to the AUTO HDR, IMO.  The controller response is noticeably quicker.  I bet it really does look good on an OLED.

Struggling with the swing but that’s due to lack of practice more than anything.

No doubt that will come back to you over time, but I will say with 100% confidence that the swing is tougher to manage, even on the Series X, than it is on my PC.  That's all down to the fact that the PC version doesn't have the 30 FPS cap on it, and it runs at 60 FPS on my PC.  It helps a ton to have that feedback coming at you at twice the frame rate when you're trying to maintain tempo.

I actually like the looks and sounds of the game better on my XBox Series X, but being restricted to 30 FPS puts is at an insurmountable disadvantage for me.  It just frustrates me to no end that the far more capable machine in my arsenal has its hands tied behind its back when it comes to playing this game.  The biggest stated advantage of the Series X is said to be its ability to run 4K games at 60 FPS, yet we're held back from from realizing it by a few lines of code in Unity ???  Oh how I wish they could make it happen via an update for the Series X.  I can't put into words the magic that happens at 60 FPS with this game!

Not sure if it’s the console or the panel that gives the game a bump in visuals but even on game mode it looks nice.

I'm sure it's both.  I haven't seen a game that benefits more from the AUTO HDR on the Series X than this one, in my experience with maybe 14 or 15 different games at this point.  I've also recently viewed an OLED display and compared it to my LED... no contest there.

Still can’t believe the button prompts are still on when set to off after all this time.

Do HB ever fix anything????

They do but often it's more inconsequential items.  The did fix the swing animation glitch on the Series X and S, so props there.  I hope they're taking a bit longer with what might well be the last update for this game, to hit more bullets like the button prompts.  The longer they work on this next update, the more likely they'll come to their senses about a frame rate cap removal, at least that's my take on it ;D
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #400 on: January 11, 2021, 02:51:00 PM »
I've been mostly out of gaming condition over the last four days, as I had a major malfunction on my home theater receiver.  I couldn't get my XBox Series X, PC, or PS4 to display on my HDTV, beyond a corrupted image that seemed to be embedded in the AVR's memory.  I was able to go directly from the devices with an HDMI cable to the display and it would work, and it would even allow my AVR to provide Dolby ATOS via the receiver's audio return channel (HDMI 3).

I need to route the devices through my receiver to make things work for me due to insufficient inputs on my HDTV.  After countless hours of troubleshooting, and effecting repair, I found that the problem seemed to have been caused by a failed HDMI cable... the one that went from my receiver's output to my TV's ARC input.  It had caused my firmware to corrupt also.  I spent a lot of time trying just to get my Onkyo receivers firmware updated, but I was finally successful wirelessly.

I downloaded and updated the latest firmware (mine was three version's old), replaced the defective HDMI cable, and wah lah...  I'm back in bidniss!  Now I'm too burned out to game ???
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #401 on: January 11, 2021, 03:42:26 PM »
I have got some trouble myself with the new console & 2K21.
Not sure what’s causing it but the TV has so many input modes that it’s confusing itself.
Played Cyberpunk which is HDR enabled so the TV automatically selects HDR game mode all good no issues, followed up that with a short frustrating spell of 2K21.
The TV remained on HDR game mode even though (to my knowledge) the game is SDR only & consequently multiple freezes & reboots. Not sure why an SDR game is sending out an HDR output.

Reset the TV & the series X & booted from start up & 2K21 then sends out an SDR signal and the TV automatically selects SDR game mode.

I have no idea what’s causing the problem.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #402 on: January 11, 2021, 09:06:48 PM »
I have got some trouble myself with the new console & 2K21.
Not sure what’s causing it but the TV has so many input modes that it’s confusing itself.
Played Cyberpunk which is HDR enabled so the TV automatically selects HDR game mode all good no issues, followed up that with a short frustrating spell of 2K21.
The TV remained on HDR game mode even though (to my knowledge) the game is SDR only & consequently multiple freezes & reboots. Not sure why an SDR game is sending out an HDR output.

Reset the TV & the series X & booted from start up & 2K21 then sends out an SDR signal and the TV automatically selects SDR game mode.

I have no idea what’s causing the problem.

PGA TOUR 2K21 has the "AUTO HDR" applied to it via the hardware in the Series X.  If you have a display that is 4K and HDR capable, you're going to see it.

I think if the HDR doesn't show on the splash screen, it would mean your XBox Series X is set to 1080p output, or lower.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #403 on: January 12, 2021, 04:52:40 PM »
I have noticed with the auto resume it makes the main screen looks washed out. If I quit and restart it looks like it should. Not a fan of this resume option. Rarely works for me anyways.

Beyond that I was playing some course yesterday for a society and it looked so good it was hurting my score. Just looks amazing on certain courses with the right lighting.

What kills me in this game the most is the putting within 10 feet. It is hard to explain but it like I am hitting through  mud. Just feels dead. I have to hammer it on the downswing or I will push it and if I hit it two hard it pulls. I think my biggest problems is I use the index finger thumb technique which causes a slight delay in the swing. I tried to change to just the thumb but it is very hard to do.  I am going to have to figure out something though. Killing me.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember

Q

« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2021, 12:47:19 PM »
I have noticed with the auto resume it makes the main screen looks washed out. If I quit and restart it looks like it should. Not a fan of this resume option. Rarely works for me anyways.

Beyond that I was playing some course yesterday for a society and it looked so good it was hurting my score. Just looks amazing on certain courses with the right lighting.

I have noticed the washed out look following a "Quick Resume" start.  I quit and start fresh and it looks fine again.  This is a wide spread problem I'm not learning, and not exclusive to this game.

What kills me in this game the most is the putting within 10 feet. It is hard to explain but it like I am hitting through  mud. Just feels dead. I have to hammer it on the downswing or I will push it and if I hit it two hard it pulls. I think my biggest problems is I use the index finger thumb technique which causes a slight delay in the swing. I tried to change to just the thumb but it is very hard to do.  I am going to have to figure out something though. Killing me.

I notice this also when I try to play on the Series X now and I'm perhaps more sensitive to it than you are, as I'm accustomed to 60 FPS.  I feel like I'm swinging the club underwater on all shots at 30 FPS, but it does feel a lot more unmanageable on the shorter putts because of the lighter touch needed.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash