Leave options just as they are for XBox One /S /X
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 16, 2020, 11:53:47 AM

XBox Series X version "perks" for PGA TOUR 2K21

• 420 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #405 on: January 13, 2021, 04:06:49 PM »
The short putts are really driving me nuts. Mostly because I  putt better IRL and never had this problem in other TGC games. It can just destroy a rounds momentum.  I am going to keep trying to find a way to improve but I am running out of options.

That being said there is more consistency with the SX swing. I rarely get very fast or very slow I mainly fight slows if anything. Which is fine because I would rather miss right then left on most golf courses. Because of this I have been able to use the shot shaper a lot more and move up to the longer driver and irons  which really adds to the risk reward. I have made some amazing shots by shaping the ball which increases the immersion 10 fold. Add the risk to going over the water , around a tree or whatever it really makes the game shine. I hit this iron shot around the tree yesterday to a dogleg left green yesterday and made birdie that was one I will never forget.

As I have said before this is the best I have ever seen a golf game look but I do not think I have ever said anything about the club sounds, ball flight and the feel of the shot. They are really well done. The sounds are very accurate and the best they have been imop. Combined with the feel you get on impact especially without the feedback on it really feels and sounds like real golf.  I hit this 3 wood on number 7 on Royces ******* beta that is probably the best shot I have hit. I knew right away by the sound and the feel of it that is was going to be money.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #406 on: February 02, 2021, 02:39:03 PM »
As much as I like the looks (the AUTO HDR enhancement is excellent in this game) and especially the sounds (FRSTDWN's comments about his 3-wood strike on the 7th at AN being a case in point) of this game on my new Series X, I find that I can't play it after becoming acclimated to how it feels and performs on my PC at 60 FPS.  It feels like I'm swinging the club under water at 30 FPS on the XBox Series X... it's like I'm playing a different game ???

I had held onto some slim hope that HB Studios would update the game to include at least an option to unlock the vsync for the Series X, so we could be playing it in the 60 FPS neighorhood, but after nearly six months, it's pretty obvious that isn't going to happen.

Ironically, I now run two XBox One PGA TOUR 2K21 Societies (Digital Sportspage and the Reddit XBox One Society), but I rarely play in them.  If all I had ever played PGA TOUR 2K21 on was the XBox One X, and later the Series X, I'm sure I wouldn't have be as biased against it as I am now.  Once you taste 60 FPS in a game like this that is so reliant on the feedback you're getting from the swing animation, there's no going back.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #407 on: February 02, 2021, 02:47:23 PM »
There he is.  Was worried you got the corona or something!

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #408 on: February 02, 2021, 04:01:24 PM »
I had held onto some slim hope that HB Studios would update the game to include at least an option to unlock the vsync for the Series X, so we could be playing it in the 60 FPS neighorhood, but after nearly six months, it's pretty obvious that isn't going to happen.

Don't give up hope yet! Keep doing what you do best 'Bulldog" & hound the hell out of em'!

It'd be nice to know if it were at least in the works for this iteration but crickets can't speak so likely we'll never know unless it comes down with a future patch or update.
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #409 on: February 02, 2021, 05:23:35 PM »
There he is.  Was worried you got the corona or something!

Ya, I was not looking forward to searching online obituaries like I did for DivotMaker (Tim Scott).  :'(

-MERACE

FRSTDWN

« Reply #410 on: February 02, 2021, 11:49:07 PM »
Can't lose JC . Way too important.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2021, 02:05:30 PM »
LOL... I just suddenly hit a wall where it seems the discussion about the game, in a forum section still titled after the previous game, seemed pointless.  I also went down a rabbit hole about a topic that's getting a lot of people banned on Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, and Instagram that's consuming a lot of my time as well, and that's seriously eating into my gaming and gaming discussion time.

I'm enjoying PGA TOUR 2K21, but not on the platform I'd prefer to be playing it on, friend connection wise.  Nonetheless, the appeal of 60 FPS on the PC overcomes all.  It's just so friggin' frustrating to be languishing at 30 FPS on a machine that's only three code line changes away from being able to more easily run it at 60 FPS than my PC :o :(
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2021, 02:47:38 PM »
I bet that topic is not about 60 fps on Xbox lol..

Like I said before I do not know why we have a forum anymore.  The devs certainly could care less about it.

What is funny is my son has a bad ass gaming PC and I thought about buying this game and hooking it up to my set up but I have not because I do not have any friends on PC and I do not want to get ruined by the 60 FPS.

Hopefully the revenue they made from the season pass will justify updating the SX to 60 FPS. But who the hell knows what they are going to do.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

mebby

« Reply #413 on: February 04, 2021, 12:26:53 PM »
I do find it interesting that the poll distribution at the top of the page looks like we're all getting the middle finger!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

lastchancehombre

« Reply #414 on: February 04, 2021, 03:07:43 PM »
on a machine that's only three code line changes away from being able to more easily run it at 60 FPS

Any reason as to why this can't drum up an even short conversation by a Dev is beyond me. I mean we're talking about the betterment of the current iteration for these newer consoles, is it so difficult to even just say either yes or no? I suppose it is! Just baffling!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

FRSTDWN

« Reply #415 on: February 04, 2021, 03:32:18 PM »
I do find it interesting that the poll distribution at the top of the page looks like we're all getting the middle finger!

lmao that is great.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #416 on: February 06, 2021, 10:36:35 AM »
I bet that topic is not about 60 fps on Xbox lol..

No, but at the rate things are going, discussion of that topic could be verbotten on Twitter before long.

Like I said before I do not know why we have a forum anymore.  The devs certainly could care less about it.

This forum is losing relevance for two reasons: 1.) the devs rarely respond in it anymore.  2.) it doesn't give the reader a 2K21 vibe because there's not even a forum section labeled "PGA TOUR 2K21".  It winds up feeling like an afterthought here.

What is funny is my son has a bad ass gaming PC and I thought about buying this game and hooking it up to my set up but I have not because I do not have any friends on PC and I do not want to get ruined by the 60 FPS.

If you want to continue to enjoy playing the game on the XBox Series X, I suggest you don't try it on your son's PC.  I can testify that experiencing it at 60 FPS will spoil you to the point that you'll rarely be able to go back and slog through it at 30 FPS again.

Hopefully the revenue they made from the season pass will justify updating the SX to 60 FPS. But who the hell knows what they are going to do.

I'll give it about a .01% chance that could happen at this juncture, but I don't think it's because the revenue from the season pass that it would happen.  I think the main reason they're not doing it is because of the rancor it would cause within the ranks for both the XBox One and Playstation platforms.  There's a decided advantage for playing this game at 60 FPS versus 30 FPS and it would be controversial among many.

We already have that on the PC version, but it's that way from day one.  You know when you buy the game for a PC that's not capable of running it at 60 FPS (or thereabouts) , you're going to be at a disadvantage, performance wise.  To suddenly inject that capability to Series X and PS5 owners of the game, six months into its existence, wouldn't sit well with a lot of folks, I suspect.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2021, 11:43:42 AM »
I have heard that Microsoft back compatibility team are working on an official FPS Boost mode that will enable a toggle for frame rate on a back catalogue of games.
HB will not even have to lift a finger as Microsoft will do all the work.
JC I have my fingers crossed that PGA gets the ‘Boost’ treatment & HB do not object🤞🏼

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #418 on: February 20, 2021, 12:43:13 AM »
I have heard that Microsoft back compatibility team are working on an official FPS Boost mode that will enable a toggle for frame rate on a back catalogue of games.
HB will not even have to lift a finger as Microsoft will do all the work.
JC I have my fingers crossed that PGA gets the ‘Boost’ treatment & HB do not object🤞🏼

I just read the article about the Frame Boost mode that Microsoft is adding for games that aren't being updated by their publishers for 60 FPS at The Verge.  This is HUGE news.  I posted this in the where next thread in the general section relating to this discussion:

Check this news out: "Microsoft is launching a new FPS Boost feature for its latest Xbox Series X and Series S consoles that’s designed to make existing games run better. While Microsoft has previously focused on improving frame rates with backward compatibility for its latest Xbox consoles, FPS Boost is specifically designed to improve older games without developers having to put in any additional work."

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/17/22287001/microsoft-xbox-series-x-s-fps-boost-feature-games

Surely a 2 million + selling game like PGA TOUR 2K21 would soon find its way into Microsoft's "FPS Boost" feature supported games... this is HUGE for Series X owners, and based on the linked article, Series S owners to some degree.

Maybe HB_CraigC was already hip to this news when he encouraged me to keep beating my 60 FPS drum earlier this week?  8)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:41:00 PM by jcauthen04 »
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Stan Solo

« Reply #419 on: February 20, 2021, 06:53:13 AM »
Maybe HB_CraigC was already hip to this news when he encouraged me to keep beating my 60 FPS drum earlier this week?  8)

Some encouragement from Craig ..despite your obvious fatigue  ... maybe something in the next update  ?

space-cash