2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 16, 2020, 11:53:47 AM

XBox Series X version "perks" for PGA TOUR 2K21

• 287 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »
I am having a big issue on the Series X. I had 2k21 on the previous Xbox one with no issues. On release day of series x I installed the game and it will not load past the loading screen. I press A to continue and it kicks me out to the dashboard. I have installed and reinstalled many times. I have cleared cache and cleared all saved data. It seems like it is a profile issue. I contacted 2k but they havent helped at all. I have a digital version of the game.

A google search shows that PC users as well as google stadia have had the same issues. Anyone got any idea?

Cheers

I have the PC version, but I've never had that happen.  I have read another account of what you're describing for the Series X, however.   I wish I had an idea of what could be behind this.  Out of curiosity, what display are you using with your Series X.  I'm just wondering if display type/model has some bearing on it, since we aren't reading of wide spread issues with this?
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

lastchancehombre

« Reply #241 on: November 21, 2020, 01:49:14 PM »
I have to say, I played a round when I 1st booted up this evening & for the 1st time with the Series X I had zero swing glitches. Zero frame rate drops through the entire round which equated to what felt like a true video golf game as it's intended to be.

With the slight graphics improvement on the Series X, each swing, putt, chip, pitch, etc. felt smooth as silk! For me, with this new machine & my go to game, it was truly a pleasure, for a change!

After the round I started to think that maybe, just maybe there had been a server side adjustment but unfortunately, no! I went in to another Society round & here came the incessant barking dog again on just the 1st hole during a practice back swing. And it proceeded to cost me 7 strokes on the green throughout the round.

That aside, this game can play, look, & feel outstanding on at least this next gen console, if only...............

Sounds like the full yin and the full yang in one session!  Try to envision this though, think about your first round, with no glitches or frame rate drops at ~60 FPS... frome what I gather, it's only a " QualitySettings.vSyncCount = 0" command in its Unity code away from being able to do that.  There's probably more to it than that to consider though, but that's all I can dig up on it as a layman.

Yeah I was frothing at the thought after the round was over. As you said probably more to it than a simple line of code like how would or could it affect other sections of the game, i dunno' but this IS almost 2021 & these new consoles are more than capable of delivering 60fps.

But 1st things 1st & that is we need a consistent swing with at least the Series X. The other I'm afraid is a pipe dream for this iteration. Hope I'm wrong!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

danebuss

« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
I am having a big issue on the Series X. I had 2k21 on the previous Xbox one with no issues. On release day of series x I installed the game and it will not load past the loading screen. I press A to continue and it kicks me out to the dashboard. I have installed and reinstalled many times. I have cleared cache and cleared all saved data. It seems like it is a profile issue. I contacted 2k but they havent helped at all. I have a digital version of the game.

A google search shows that PC users as well as google stadia have had the same issues. Anyone got any idea?

Cheers

I have the PC version, but I've never had that happen.  I have read another account of what you're describing for the Series X, however.   I wish I had an idea of what could be behind this.  Out of curiosity, what display are you using with your Series X.  I'm just wondering if display type/model has some bearing on it, since we aren't reading of wide spread issues with this?

I am using a Samsung 4K display I am not sure of the model. I have read that people have had success in signing in with a different account but obviously I'd like to play with my Xbox live account. I am going to attempt to clear all data from my older xbox and see if this will help. If i delete the data file on the series x it will sync data but then crash again after this. I am confused and would like to get it rectified of course. To me it points to an account syncing issue. Not sure how the Series x and xbox one would differ in that regard but my technical knowledge is very limited.

blueblood1995

« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2020, 05:54:12 PM »

Cheers

I have the disc version of the game and a new Series X but have not had this problem. I'm sorry I cannot be of anymore help but I have heard of this issues. Just this swing glitch and screen stutter.

Gamplay update no. 7

I did play x4 courses last night - LIDO, hickory ghosts Parkland Beta course, Ethos Cliub and Maple Glen and across all x4 rounds had maybe 7 or 8 swing glitches which all things considered was pretty good. On a range of shots. Not specific to putting or pitching. This is where it does the most damage however on putts and pitching. Driving and iron play seem to be a bit more forgiving.

The tempo and gameplay did feel much smoother. Not much screen stutter which was interesting.

What was annoying is that most of swings were slows and I felt like I was swinging a fast based on previous plays. I know my tempo quite well now so this was a very unusual.

Went back in to Swing Calibration and a few left and few right and few down the middle so will be interesting to see the results on next round.

It was mostly unusual because up until the rounds last night 95% of my swings would be fasts or perfects.

Cheers

FRSTDWN

« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2020, 01:14:02 PM »
Played two rounds yesterday . First round was pretty bad probably cost me 3 to 4 strokes on the green . Second round think I only had 1.  As stated by others around the green is where it hurts you the most. It's a shame though because when it works I can definitely tell a difference in the swing. I am able to be much more consistent which means I can get more aggressive  which means more fun.

I know HB has had some criticism but the devs of PUBG have to be the king's of two steps forward 1 step back. It's to long of post if you have not played pubg but a long history of making progress then going backwards. The latest example is this game plays amazingly better on this console. That's great right? Well they did something with the que times for ranked games ( used to be 100 people now 60)  so now it takes up to 5 min to get into a game then once you are in another 2 min.  Doesn't sound long right? Problem is their competition Warzone is much faster and has 140 people in game. Not to mention a lot other big differences between the two games. So here I finally get the performance I was looking for and it's a waiting simulator.  Good news is I jumped over to warzone with my son and probably had one of the best fps experiences I have had in a long time. The game just runs amazing on the XS and the company was even better 😃. Helps my son is 12 and is a machine at COD.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2020, 08:02:31 PM »
Played two rounds yesterday . First round was pretty bad probably cost me 3 to 4 strokes on the green . Second round think I only had 1.  As stated by others around the green is where it hurts you the most. It's a shame though because when it works I can definitely tell a difference in the swing. I am able to be much more consistent which means I can get more aggressive  which means more fun.

I know HB has had some criticism but the devs of PUBG have to be the king's of two steps forward 1 step back. It's to long of post if you have not played pubg but a long history of making progress then going backwards. The latest example is this game plays amazingly better on this console. That's great right? Well they did something with the que times for ranked games ( used to be 100 people now 60)  so now it takes up to 5 min to get into a game then once you are in another 2 min.  Doesn't sound long right? Problem is their competition Warzone is much faster and has 140 people in game. Not to mention a lot other big differences between the two games. So here I finally get the performance I was looking for and it's a waiting simulator.  Good news is I jumped over to warzone with my son and probably had one of the best fps experiences I have had in a long time. The game just runs amazing on the XS and the company was even better 😃. Helps my son is 12 and is a machine at COD.

Thanks for the reports from the Series X front.  I will try PUBG again when I manage to score a Series X.  You mention Warzone and it dawned on me, I've never tried Warzone and now you've got me curios.  If I suck at PUBG, does it stand to reason that I will also suck at Warzone?  :D

As you may have seen, I'm not getting a bite on my Series X 60 FPS update question at 2K's forum either, but as I pondered there in a later post, it would stand to reason that they are working on a fix for the sporadic swing animation skipping for both the Series X and the S, what better time would there be to implement a vsync removal or 60 Hz option?
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2020, 12:26:05 PM »
Just curious Series X and Series S owners who are experiencing the swing animation glitch; have you tried unchecking the "Allow auto low-latency mode" box in the "General Video modes" menu for the console?  Just wondering if it would somehow get rid of the sporadic glitches.  If it does it would no doubt probably come at the cost of input response time. 
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »
Has anyone on a Series X or S seen the swing animation glitch occur when playing an Official course?  If so, try playing that course again in Offline mode (you can play the official courses solo in Offline mode) and see if the glitch occurs then.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2020, 12:01:22 PM »
I have not seen it much in the last 4 rounds or so. It's better than it was. They had to do something.

It's amazing they just don't talk at all anymore.

Whatever.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2020, 03:26:43 PM »
I have not seen it much in the last 4 rounds or so. It's better than it was. They had to do something.

Do you recall it ever happening on an official course?

Whatever.

It's a head-scratcher, but that's pretty much been the way it is since July, 2018.  At some point,  would think someone would have to duck in here and say... 'sorry guys, but we're too busy working on bug fixes and updates to engage in a dialog with you.'... and I'm pretty sure they are, but it wouldn't hurt PR one bit to at least have an official source come in here and say it.

BTW, I won't be trying to communicate with them any more through their "Official" forum, the 2K Forum.  I can't seem to abide by their draconian posting rules over there and I reached my boiling point of having posts edited or deleted.  I see now why the devs themselves aren't interested in posting there anymore! :)
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

lastchancehombre

« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2020, 03:33:09 PM »

Whatever.

Tain't fixed, period!!! Even if it's less (I agree) if there's 1,2, or 3 per round it's too much! As I mentioned to someone over at TGCTours, even if gets addressed by HB, we'll likely never know & always be wondering when it'll hit again!

Posted by: jcauthen04
« on: Today at 11:33:15 AM »
Has anyone on a Series X or S seen the swing animation glitch occur when playing an Official course?  If so, try playing that course again in Offline mode (you can play the official courses solo in Offline mode) and see if the glitch occurs then.

I'll try that this evening JC & see if there's any difference.

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2020, 10:25:42 AM »

Whatever.

Tain't fixed, period!!! Even if it's less (I agree) if there's 1,2, or 3 per round it's too much! As I mentioned to someone over at TGCTours, even if gets addressed by HB, we'll likely never know & always be wondering when it'll hit again!

If it can't be fixed server side, as I suspect it can't be, they'll probably bundle the fix with other fixes and "seasonal upgrades" at a strategic time.  It better not be much longer though because the Series S and X owners are rapidly growing more and more disenchanted with this!

Looking forward to your report of whether you seen the swing animation glitch on the official courses... thanks!
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

lastchancehombre

« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2020, 11:33:51 AM »

« on: Today at 10:25:42 AM »

If it can't be fixed server side, as I suspect it can't be, they'll probably bundle the fix with other fixes and "seasonal upgrades" at a strategic time.  It better not be much longer though because the Series S and X owners are rapidly growing more and more disenchanted with this!

Looking forward to your report of whether you seen the swing animation glitch on the official courses... thanks!

I jumped on Quail Hollow last night 1st online, got through 17 with just 2 hiccups. I then started a round offline & didn't see one through 14 holes.

As another test (online/offline) where the frame rate drops occur more regularly I went in to the driving range 1st online & pulling the club back continuously say 20 times it occurred multiple times. Went offline & doing the same thing 20 times, I did not get a hitch. I'm going to try that again later in case I was imagining it! lol!

For whatever it's worth, I played a Society round afterwards at Austin & didn't have a hitch in my giddy up. So shortly after that I tried another Society round on a course where a few had mentioned it was rampant, The Sand Pit, and they were right! That particular course was down right unplayable.

Of course those 2 rounds worth both online so irrelevant to what your investigating here but thought I'd throw it out there.

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2020, 12:04:39 PM »

I jumped on Quail Hollow last night 1st online, got through 17 with just 2 hiccups. I then started a round offline & didn't see one through 14 holes.

As another test (online/offline) where the frame rate drops occur more regularly I went in to the driving range 1st online & pulling the club back continuously say 20 times it occurred multiple times. Went offline & doing the same thing 20 times, I did not get a hitch. I'm going to try that again later in case I was imagining it! lol!

For whatever it's worth, I played a Society round afterwards at Austin & didn't have a hitch in my giddy up. So shortly after that I tried another Society round on a course where a few had mentioned it was rampant, The Sand Pit, and they were right! That particular course was down right unplayable.

Of course those 2 rounds worth both online so irrelevant to what your investigating here but thought I'd throw it out there.

We just heard from Berty in the Bug Report section that his Society is playing a tournament at an official course, and multiple Series X owners reported swing animation glitches on it.  I asked him to see if any of them would be interested in playing the same official course in "Offline" mode to see if it repeats there.

I would say we'd need at least three rounds in Offline mode from at least two different Series X/S players on an Official Course where the glitch was seen Online.  You've already proven Quail Hollow produced the glitch online.  Did you get a putting stroke animation glitch when playing Quail Hollow online?
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

lastchancehombre

« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2020, 01:02:56 PM »

We just heard from Berty in the Bug Report section that his Society is playing a tournament at an official course, and multiple Series X owners reported swing animation glitches on it.  I asked him to see if any of them would be interested in playing the same official course in "Offline" mode to see if it repeats there.

I would say we'd need at least three rounds in Offline mode from at least two different Series X/S players on an Official Course where the glitch was seen Online.  You've already proven Quail Hollow produced the glitch online.  Did you get a putting stroke animation glitch when playing Quail Hollow online?

No, it happened on the practice back swings. Well maybe if Berty & crew will follow through with your request there will be something there to help HB with their investigation in to problem.

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

space-cash