2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 16, 2020, 11:53:47 AM

XBox Series X version "perks" for PGA TOUR 2K21

• 420 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #420 on: February 20, 2021, 11:01:40 AM »
Some encouragement from Craig ..despite your obvious fatigue  ... maybe something in the next update  ?

If Microsoft is aggressively pursuing the Frame Boost feature the way the "Verge" article suggests, I'd be more willing to say that HB Studios would let them run with it.  There would be no cost or development time for HB Studios if they just let Microsoft handle it for them.

My remaining concern about this not happening for the Series X (and S, according to The Verge article) would be that HB Studios objects to it because it would "contaminate" the parity of the gameplay within the XBox platform.  There's no doubt that the swing tempo is easier to manage at 60 FPS, versus 30 FPS (or at least it is for me).  I'd also be willing to say that the extra feedback one gets at 60 FPS helps a lot with the touch in the short game, particularly putting.

OTOH, we already have that disparity on the PC platform, where not only do some PC players play it a 60 FPS, we have others who can run it at 80 FPS and beyond.  I don't hear any belly aching from those who have PCs that can only run the game at 30 FPS there, but PCs of that type are now in a small minority on that platform, whereas the Series X and S owners probably only comprise 8 to 10% of the XBox market.

Whatever the case, I'm holding out some pretty strong hope that this will happen for the 2K21 players on the Series X/S, especially now that Microsoft is driving this innovation. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash