Tettegouchee Golf Course

• 2 Replies

kocgolf

« on: October 17, 2020, 12:15:16 PM »
My first course for the TGC / PGA2k1 series. I designed many courses years ago for the PGA Championship Golf series, including a couple released with the game. So happy to be designing again! I hope this course finds some members

Tettegouchee Golf Course, set in the North Woods of Minnesota. A Fictional design made to feel as absolutely real as possible. It's named after one of my favorite get away and camping destinations, Tettegouche (tet-a-goo-chee) State Park on the shores of Lake Superior. (I added the "second e" at the end of the name to assist in pronunciation) The course descends the mild Minnesota "pine mountains" to the shores of multiple lakes. The holes cut through pine and birch forests and over lakeside sand and grass dunes. Almost every shot on the course provides a risk and reward, and also a safe alternative. Interesting greens are littered with dividing mounds, collection areas and sucker pins, but reward correct approaches with makeable putts and scoring opportunities. The goal was not difficulty, but beauty, playability and realism. It doesn't include tournament objects as I felt it was more of a "gem hiding in the mountains" kind of course, but I could add crowds in a Tour version later.

I hope you enjoy!

Wadey75

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:47:35 PM »
Fantastic course. Definitely will use this at some point in my society.
P.S I wouldn't bother with crowds it's great as it is

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kocgolf

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 02:39:52 PM »
Thank you so much! I felt good designing it, but when it comes to releasing and looking at what else is out there, it's intimidating. There are so many talented designers out there and I already see so many ways to improve the next effort.

space-cash