Nanaimo Golf Club LiDAR* (2K21)

• 3 Replies

rchwallace

« on: January 02, 2021, 11:37:04 PM »
Hello All,

This is my first course but I am quite happy with it.  It is a LiDAR developed course based on the Nanaimo Golf Club in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada.  I need to get better at taking pictures and will try to get some quality images.  I cant seem to figure out how to enter the "free fly" mode that I have seen some guys doing online on the PC.

The Nanaimo Golf Club is a Semi-Private club, from their website: The Nanaimo Golf Club

"Nanaimo Golf Club is a spectacular 18-hole semi-private course, with full practice facilities and Pro Shop. At 6,700 yards from its championship tees, the course is a test for low handicap golfers to produce long, straight drives to reach the greens in regulation. At the same time, the five other sets of tees on each hole allow middle and high handicap players to find a level of play suited to their game.

Nanaimo Golf Club has the privileged distinction of having its course designed by Arthur Vernon ("Mac") Macan.

Aside from being an award-winning golfer in the 1910s and 1920s, Macan was a prolific and revered course architect in the Pacific Northwest. He designed and renovated more golf courses in the Northwest than any other course designer during his design career from 1913 to 1964."

Edit: Trying to upload photos but not having success.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:53:13 PM by rchwallace »

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 12:54:19 PM »
Really looks nice.  Like you put a lot if effort into it.!   Its tedious work, almost becomes an obsession.  I'll give it a run
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Lions67

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
Giving this a play right now.

Onside

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »
Nice course. Thanks for making it. 4+ stars. Enjoyed my round.

space-cash