John Bishop Memorial

• 19 Replies

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »
The least i could do is to give him a shout out on the course' As has been said it's a quite tight nit community and always a sad day when we lose one' Nice and Very challenging course' I'm sure he would have enjoyed it....

https://youtu.be/B7HbcU4YIpk

Thank you!  That is a kind gesture to play the course in John's memory.  By you playing this, thousands of people who didn't know John personally like I did, will now know of him, and what a special person he was.  I know that John is smiling down on all of us, especially with having you play a course under his namesake, and we all would have had a laugh (John included) if he was still with us.  I will be sure to send a message to John's living sister that his "golf friends" are continuing to send tribute to John.  She always got a kick out of his original PS4 Gamertag of "DopeyPoodle". 

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 08:53:15 AM »
Popular "youtuber" and Twitter person TommyT999 sent me a message if i could do the past British Masters 2016 and WGC event 2006 (tiger thrashed everyone)  The Grove hotel (herts) for his channel just as a bit of respect for John who was on my friends list on ps4 i have never chatted or played with him but he always seemed to like my courses just placed a bench in the gardens there for him,just as a mark of respect for him.

Thank you for placing the bench on your course in memory of John.  I know that John would be tickled to be remembered in such a way.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 08:57:01 AM »
Although I didn't know him to speak to .. I do remember him posting from time to time.

I will play this course in my Matchplay tournament next weekend as a mark of respect .

Thank you for remembering John, and playing his course as a mark of respect.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 08:58:21 AM »
After several years We're all kind of family here.  Sometimes dysfunctional  ;D. But family

Well said Jeff.  This game has brought me so much joy over the years, and the people that it has brought into my life sure feel like family to me.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 12:45:47 PM »
Popular "youtuber" and Twitter person TommyT999 sent me a message if i could do the past British Masters 2016 and WGC event 2006 (tiger thrashed everyone)  The Grove hotel (herts) for his channel just as a bit of respect for John who was on my friends list on ps4 i have never chatted or played with him but he always seemed to like my courses just placed a bench in the gardens there for him,just as a mark of respect for him.

Thank you for placing the bench on your course in memory of John.  I know that John would be tickled to be remembered in such a way.

Agreed.  That's a very nice thought.🙂👍
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash