The Dr. Yeti Invitational: Winners announced!

• 32 Replies

steelereign

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 10:16:10 PM »
I was awful too.  Funny how real this game plays at times - I was so distracted by things going on around the house that I was rushing through my rounds and not really focusing much.  It sure reflected in my scoring, just as it does in my RL golf game.  :-\

I'd like to play this one again with no distractions.

Yea I teed up at 3am after a 12 hour shift.  I knew I should wait but I was wanting to play pretty bad haha.  Still had fun but my shot execution was terrible in the 3rd round.  Had at least 5 water balls...the leaders were leaving me in the dust!  Definitely a fine line from being in the zone to being helpless - I enjoy the fact that if I turn my brain off and just shoot that my scores suffer.  Feels good when you shoot well!

Totally agree! 

PJeddie

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »
Finished up this tour last night. Too bad I started plus 5 on the first round and 20 strokes of the lead after 2nd.

Missed my birdie on the last hole at Hoodoo to come in second by 1 but at least I gain some stokes on the field to make my score more respectable on the leaderboard.

I think I went

+5
-4  7th or 8th
-8   tied 3rd
+1  2nd

For a total of -6 and good for 7th spot so far..

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
Gentle reminder.  you have 3 days to finish this tour for a chance to win some free games!

xusemagru

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 07:45:22 PM »
Who's leading this right now? I may have a go tonight
Courses Created:

Hunters Ridge C.C.
Magru National C.C.
Magru Canyon

Sinhealer

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 09:59:43 AM »
Trying to get time to play the game again.
Managed to play only 3 holes of this so far, will try to settle down tonight to get through it.

Have not played much in last 2 or 3 weeks so could be somewhat rusty.

Sinhealer

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »
Managed to get round this, man that last course is a bit of a nightmare, I think I ended up in every green side bunker, most of the time it looked like I hit a great shot, then I just sat back and watched it find its way into a bunker.  :P

Ended up with -16 overall.

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 10:03:06 PM »
Yeah. The last round of this was on the first release of Hoodoo Hills GC which was (admittedly) released with the course settings too firm.   I will run another "Yeti" tour with the new version Hoodoo Hills (Without the "GC") with the same prizes.  Check out the new version of Hoodoo if you want an easier go at it.  Thanks for playing it though. -16 could still net you a prize.

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 11:36:15 PM »
I liked your Hoodoo Hills playing tough, because a lot of people crashed hard on it, and I think I shot E or +1.  Gained a lot of ground by shooting near level par.  I think I was in 4th after I finished though.  I got off to a horrible start on your first course. 
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 04:40:31 PM »
Winners announced!
See updated OP for shot of scoreboard.

Congratulations to the following winners of the first Dr. Yeti Invitational!
First:           (-24)     Cioccolata     (3 free steam games)
Second (T):  (-16)     charlie.mattax  AND Sinhealer      (2 free games each)
Third:          (-15)     Doyley      (1 free game)   

Please contact me via steam to get your prizes!

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »
Thanks Yeti, nice of you to host a tour with prizes.  I'll get in touch next week as I'm off on a golf trip this weekend.

Nonolejuste

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 05:52:48 PM »
Thank you Dr Yeti  ;D

Sinhealer

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 06:32:18 PM »
Doyley should feel the love from me, maybe I had him in my head when I missed that 4 foot putt on the last for -17 and put him down to fourth. :)

Thanks for hosting it Dr Yeti, the last round was not all that bad, it was the first time I had played it and at 1 point I was -3 but it all came apart.
It ended up as 1 of those courses that while frustrating it was also good fun to practice the short game, I do not think I have ever played as many bunker shots in a round ever .... in any golf game!

:D

cmattax

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
Thanks Dr. Yeti!  This is pretty unexpected for me as the other players are so much better than me, usually.  I've got to tell you, though.  I have no idea how to contact you via steam.  I will try to figure it out on my own, but if you (or anyone) can tell me how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks again for running this event.

Sinhealer

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 06:41:38 PM »
mattax I have sent you a friend invite, accept the friend invite and you can get Yeti's from my friend list and invite him. :)

Cioccolata

• I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
Thanks Yeti for hosting this tournament. I had no idea I would be in the top 5 let alone win the whole thing. That last course was a doozy.
I cannot wait for your next tournament. Great playing by all the players in the tournament. Well done and good luck next time.

space-cash