Future of Tours

• 8 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: June 19, 2014, 12:36:33 AM »
Just wondering what the vision for tours is past the release of the game.  I'll lay out what I'd like to see and hope it jives with the goal of the team.

• I'd like to be able to simulate a golf season in a tour (long tours with many Tournaments)
  • Ability to edit the tour so that new courses can be added/substituted after the Tour was created
  • Option to copy a previously created tour and rename it (ie.  PGA Tour - Season 1 copied to PGA Tour - Season 2 - then be able to select different courses for the second season but still have the names of the original season intact)
  • Longer time limits than 10 days (or option to not allow restarts/playing a 2nd time on unlimited timed events)
  • For tours - option to set a time limit for each tournament so that you couldn't play ahead.  Each Tournament would complete before the next one opened up for play.  For example, instead of having a time limit for the entire tour it would instead have a time limit of 3 days for each Tournament in the tour.  If you missed a Tournament you would still be eligible to play in the current Tournament.  Participation at the end of the Tour would be similar to PGA where not every golfer plays every event.
  • For Tours - standings based on position finished in tour (a la FedEx Cup points) instead of just wins.  Or overall standings by simulated money earned or some form of points/currency - not just by wins or by total score
  • If fake currency is introduced - ability to set a purse for each Tournament
  • This one is more for single tournaments - Cuts (if tournament is 10 days, cut happens after 5 days type thing) - This could apply to Tours if time limits per tournament are allowed.
  • Be able to message everyone in a tour/tournament to give them info/updates/reminders
  • Multiple pin positions - would make playing the same course more than once more interesting and would encourage tournaments with more than one round per course
  • Having a tour with all the above run by HB and made official on the site so that as many players as possible play - or at least endorsed/promoted within the game or "front-paged" onto peoples main tour page
  • Stats/Leaderboards available via The Golf Club website.  Would love the option to have a leaderboard for tours/tournaments and then be able to click any golfer to view their stats

Did I miss anything?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:41:34 AM by Doyley »

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:18:16 AM »
Lots of good ideas here Doyley
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

HB_LorinB

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:55:17 AM »
Yes - lots of good ideas here!  There are many we are already talking about, and a few I hadn't thought of :) We have definitely talked about cuts, multiple pin placements, FedEx Cup-style point system, etc.   Can't say for sure, of course, specifics as to when, of even if...but we are definitely talking about this kind of stuff and will continue to watch feedback on it.

PJeddie

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
Great post Doyle, need a discussion on how Tour work as of right now. Would love to hear how the Tours will look on release. Some things can be added later but would like to know what HB wants in the game at release. I would like to see everything on list make it in but for now,

My personal must haves from Doyle’s list would be:

For tours - option to set a time limit for each tournament so that you couldn't play ahead.  Each Tournament would complete before the next one opened up for play.  For example, instead of having a time limit for the entire tour it would instead have a time limit of 3 days for each Tournament in the tour.  If you missed a Tournament you would still be eligible to play in the current Tournament.  Participation at the end of the Tour would be similar to PGA where not every golfer plays every event.

For Tours - standings based on position finished in tour (a la FedEx Cup points) instead of just wins.  Or overall standings by simulated money earned or some form of points/currency - not just by wins or by total score.

Multiple pin positions - would make playing the same course more than once more interesting and would encourage tournaments with more than one round per course
This one is big for me. Right now you can create a course 4x with 4 different pin locations but they count as individually tournaments. Different pin locations make the tournaments better.

Be able to message everyone in a tour/tournament to give them info/updates/reminders.
Great for people that want to play the final round together. Depending on the size of tour the commish could set up the final round so the top players play together if we have tours like how the PGA works.

Nonolejuste

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 12:45:19 PM »
Very interesting ideas Doyley  :)
I see you very often in the top of leaderboards and i think we would all love some challenging and exciting competition which could be easier to follow ingame and outside game too.
When i read your post i'm asking if it is very usefull to have two different type of competitions because a tournament is in fact an "one event tour"
May be only one interface could be sufficient and more readable  :P (eventually with choice of different ranking system (overall score or number of wins) in the settings of the tour)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:57:33 PM by Nonolejuste »

NevadaBallin

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 01:03:45 PM »
Yessir. I mentioned to Lorin during a private discussion that most of us would like to "belong" to something that is like a PGA style. Doyley touched on just about everything I was thinking but more in depth.

Competing in a controlled environment like the PGA would be incredibly popular.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

andya14

• http://yosoyungamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Golf-Club.jpg
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
Just wondering what the vision for tours is past the release of the game.  I'll lay out what I'd like to see and hope it jives with the goal of the team.

• I'd like to be able to simulate a golf season in a tour (long tours with many Tournaments)
  • Ability to edit the tour so that new courses can be added/substituted after the Tour was created
  • Option to copy a previously created tour and rename it (ie.  PGA Tour - Season 1 copied to PGA Tour - Season 2 - then be able to select different courses for the second season but still have the names of the original season intact)
  • Longer time limits than 10 days (or option to not allow restarts/playing a 2nd time on unlimited timed events)
  • For tours - option to set a time limit for each tournament so that you couldn't play ahead.  Each Tournament would complete before the next one opened up for play.  For example, instead of having a time limit for the entire tour it would instead have a time limit of 3 days for each Tournament in the tour.  If you missed a Tournament you would still be eligible to play in the current Tournament.  Participation at the end of the Tour would be similar to PGA where not every golfer plays every event.
  • For Tours - standings based on position finished in tour (a la FedEx Cup points) instead of just wins.  Or overall standings by simulated money earned or some form of points/currency - not just by wins or by total score
  • If fake currency is introduced - ability to set a purse for each Tournament
  • This one is more for single tournaments - Cuts (if tournament is 10 days, cut happens after 5 days type thing) - This could apply to Tours if time limits per tournament are allowed.
  • Be able to message everyone in a tour/tournament to give them info/updates/reminders
  • Multiple pin positions - would make playing the same course more than once more interesting and would encourage tournaments with more than one round per course
  • Having a tour with all the above run by HB and made official on the site so that as many players as possible play - or at least endorsed/promoted within the game or "front-paged" onto peoples main tour page
  • Stats/Leaderboards available via The Golf Club website.  Would love the option to have a leaderboard for tours/tournaments and then be able to click any golfer to view their stats

Did I miss anything?

+ 1, likes this idea :)

Antiparosjez

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 12:39:16 PM »
Good ideas. When I start designing (ps4 soon pretty please) I'll routinely create 4 versions of the same course (Thursday! Friday! Saturday! Sunday) and change pins, tees and perhaps speeds slightly accordingly. Fitting such set ups into a tour would be obvious.
Can't wait!
2K21 Sandyhurst Lakes, Trinity, North Kernow, Gull Rock, Kings Wood, West Foreland        19 Domino, Man of Kent, Power Station, Grendel Woods, The Pier, Chart Lakes, Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park,)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 04:50:33 PM »
Good ideas. When I start designing (ps4 soon pretty please) I'll routinely create 4 versions of the same course (Thursday! Friday! Saturday! Sunday) and change pins, tees and perhaps speeds slightly accordingly. Fitting such set ups into a tour would be obvious.
Can't wait!

Problem is that you wouldn't be able to create a proper tournament with a setup like that.  You would have 4 tournaments of 1 round each instead of 1 tournament with 4 rounds.  Hopefully if they allow multiple pins in the creator you won't have to create 4 different courses for each day.

space-cash