Complete CDC Tour 2014 - 9 Courses and 10 days to complete it.

• 45 Replies

tastegw

« on: June 23, 2014, 04:29:14 AM »
Welcome to the Complete CDC Tour 2014!

Here you will play 9 courses (9 out of the 11 participants) from Nexus's CDC contest

I am unable to add Tomahawk in and Joe's was not ready, hopefully his course will be done soon so we can check it out.

This tour has "shot suggestion" turned off, so be ready to make your own decisions.

Courses will play in this order:

1) Badlands Golf Club: by HB_Paul
2) Mojave Palms Resort: by Nevadaballin
3) Chizhi Tshegi: by Xusemagru  (i can spell it, but dont ask me to say it lol)
4) Vulture's Perch: by Superdaleman
5) TPC at Crystal Canyons: by Ralphieboy72
6) Hoodoo Gulch: by Bradleystuart
7) Coyote Run Resort: by Theclv24
8) The Secret of Giza: by tastegw
9) Red Diamond G&C: by Guitardude_324

edit: thats funny,  putting 8 with ")" behind it makes a sunglass face ;/  did not do that on purpose.

==========

I am also running a side project here:

I have placed these courses in order from lowest public rating to highest public rating, to see if the easier courses are getting the best public ratings and the harder courses the lowest ratings. (hb_pauls course was not showing any stats at the time of tour start, so its null for this test and its the reason its first on the list.

So please, when you have finished please post scores for all 9 courses to compare with others.

thanks and have fun.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 04:58:49 AM »
I just played 3 rounds in a tour called Full CDC Tour but the courses were not in that order.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

tastegw

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 05:12:57 AM »
I just played 3 rounds in a tour called Full CDC Tour but the courses were not in that order.

ya,  full isnt the right one,  look for "complete cdc tour 2014"

btw,  i tore up the last 7 holes at your course, -6 on those holes only to finish the round at -4 lol

NevadaBallin

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 05:19:11 AM »

ya,  full isnt the right one,  look for "complete cdc tour 2014"

btw,  i tore up the last 7 holes at your course, -6 on those holes only to finish the round at -4 lol

Ah ok, I'll get at it tomorrow after work.

Nice job with Mojave Palms, it's a challenging course.

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Bacarra Golf Club

tastegw

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 08:04:19 AM »
I just finished,  im all over the place, the good, the bad, and the flat out ugly.

-1 @ Badlands Golf Club: by HB_Paul
-4 @ Mojave Palms Resort: by Nevadaballin
+2 @ Chizhi Tshegi: by Xusemagru  (i can spell it, but dont ask me to say it lol)
-3 @ Vulture's Perch: by Superdaleman
+1 @ TPC at Crystal Canyons: by Ralphieboy72
-10 @ Hoodoo Gulch: by Bradleystuart
E @ Coyote Run Resort: by Theclv24
-1 @ The Secret of Giza: by tastegw
-11 @ Red Diamond G&C: by Guitardude_324

-27 for the tour, yes, i binge played it.

Since I was told the judging is completed, I feel its safe for me to give my opinions for these courses without influencing any outcomes: (leaving out my opinions about giza course)

Best Overall Course IMO was Coyote Run Resort by Theclv24, I feel this should be the winner if i was judging.
Best Looking Course IMO was Red Diamond G&C by Guitardude_324,  I feel if this course was a bit more challenging it would have been the clear cut winner, but these greens were far too easy in my opinion.

I would rate them best to worst in the following order (with tomahawk in the list too):

Coyote Run Resort
Red Diamond G&C
Tomahawk (same comment as Crystal Canyons)
TPC at Crystal Canyons (great course, right up there with the best, what kept it from going higher for me was the lack of background)
Vulture's Perch (great course, only problems I saw were safe landing zones were hard to come by, but still enjoyed this one very much)
Mojave Palms Resort (some of the planted objects were just blown up too big to look good, really hurt your overall rank on my list, but thankfully my list doesnt mean anything)
Hoodoo Gulch (too easy even with the superman greens :D I felt like this was little brooks sister with ice skates)
Chizhi Tshegi (would have been much higher but I feel the greens on the front 9 were butchered, nothing personal)
Badlands (paul, i take it you didnt have too much time to spare :D, but thats good that means you were still putting effort into making the game better :D, but I was expecting to see some unknown stuff to the rest of us somewhere in your course, kinda like how the ducks got leaked into a course before they were released.  nevertheless, its all in fun, hope once you guys have released the game you guys join us in this kind of fun often.)

nobody take anything personal, ima strait shooter and dont dance around the edges, i hop right into the middle of the dance floor.

had a ton of fun with this even. cant wait to do it again.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 01:14:28 PM »
If a couple of big boulders - which are common in the Nevada and Arizona deserts - are the worst thing about my course then I am happy with that lol

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Bacarra Golf Club

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 09:18:08 PM »
Don't see the reasoning for turning shot suggestion off, i mean we all know what clubs to play.Its a right pain in  the *** having to cycle through driver all the way to pw/sw/lw and even putter if yr on the fringe.Realy wanted to take part in this but don't know if i can play all the rounds like this its just annoying all this cycling through clubs.

Even in a real game of golf i don't go to my bag and touch driver then 3wd/5wd/3i yada yada yada all the way to putter so i can putt from fringe.
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

tastegw

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
No worries Jim, here's your trophy anyways for participating.

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 09:52:08 PM »
I probably will finish it,was just moaning for the sake of moaning, just felt there was no need for it,As probably all the guys that are taking part know what club to play and often change up or down a club depending on the situation.
Couldn't top bentfivewoods first round ,nice shooting. Think i hit -7 -8 "god my memory is ****" i only played 5 mins ago aswel:-)
Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
MSI GTX 1080ti
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

BentFiveWood

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 10:06:08 PM »
I probably will finish it,was just moaning for the sake of moaning, just felt there was no need for it,As probably all the guys that are taking part know what club to play and often change up or down a club depending on the situation.
Couldn't top bentfivewoods first round ,nice shooting. Think i hit -7 -8 "god my memory is ****" i only played 5 mins ago aswel:-)

Thanks.  I pulled that off on my lunch break.  No kids around = no distractions.  I can't imagine what a RL round of golf would be like if my daughter interrupted every other shot with a "can I have a...." or "I can't find...." or "He just said I'm stupid."
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
I'll be starting this tour soon.  I also plan to rank the courses from best to worst, and give my pros and cons for each.  I also won't hold anything back like Tastegw- we are all adults here and the feedback should be taken as constructive criticism.  As always, rankings and feedback are completely subjective to my play style and what I like to see in golf courses.  As a scratch golfer in real life and in this game...it will bring a different perspective of what I find fun in golf v. the average Sunday hacker :)
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

theclv24

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 10:56:07 PM »
Just in regards to turning off club suggestion. I have this always turned off when I play, as it makes me think about what club to use for each shot rather than just being on autopilot. While I understand why it feels like a pain in the ass, consider this. I can get from driver to putter in less than 2 seconds. Is it really that hard? Come on now, really?!

Give it more than just a round. I bet if you play through the entire tour you won't even be thinking about it anymore.

Nonolejuste

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 04:54:27 AM »
Started the first round of the tour yesterday. What a nice score Bent ;)
Agree with the fact that shot suggestion off is useless...but the tour is very challenging when i see all names here so i'll play all of it and try to be in the top ten ;)
Very please to see your ghosts on the greens  ;)

Sinhealer

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 11:43:49 AM »
Another tour I hopefully have time to do.

This seems quite good fun so time permitting I will get through it.

BentFiveWood

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »
Started the first round of the tour yesterday. What a nice score Bent ;)
Agree with the fact that shot suggestion off is useless...but the tour is very challenging when i see all names here so i'll play all of it and try to be in the top ten ;)
Very please to see your ghosts on the greens  ;)

Thanks!  Round 2 did not go so well.  +5 but rebounded with a -6 (I think) on the third round.
Course(s) Created:
Manicouagan Crater
Pointe du Hoc Cliffs V2
Ojibway Bay GC

space-cash