Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 13764 times)

CanuckHoser

Fishing
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
I noticed in a recent article about TGC that Peter Garvin was talking about niche games.  One that is completely void of good games is fishing.  BY FAR the best fishing game ever was on the original XBOX was Pro Fishing Challenge. It had huge lakes, awesome gameplay and solid multiplayer. It was put out by Atlus Games and a Japanese company called Opus.  If you ever are looking for a new niche market, please do a fishing game similar to this.  And don't do licensing like Rapala games. 

But this is just a suggestion for AFTER TGC is released as I am drooling for that game.
PSN ID: CanuckHoser
Steam: CanuckHoser

FlaGuitars

Re: Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
A Fishing game would be great !!!

clubcaptain

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
Kill two birds with one stone and have people fishing in ponds/lakes on the golf course  :)
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

bob5453

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
Kill two birds with one stone and have people fishing in ponds/lakes on the golf course  :)

I was going to post this earlier. :) I also thought you could add bow/rifle Hunting, canoeing/boating, skiing, racing with golfcarts/BMX bikes, Disc Golf, skeet shooting, freeze the pond and play Hockey, etc. All of this as DLC for the Golf Club Extreme Edition (coming in 2015) with editor/creator for each one. Throw in some Zombies and you can dance all the way to the bank. :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:42:26 PM by bob5453 »
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

phillosopherp

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 12:11:33 AM »
I would love to see a PC disc golf game! I love the sport but since I have been disabled I can not nearly play as much as I would like to play.

bob5453

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 01:47:28 AM »
I would love to see a PC disc golf game! I love the sport but since I have been disabled I can not nearly play as much as I would like to play.

I think there are 2 disc golf games, I have this one for the ps3. It's on a game called Sports Champions, but you use the Move controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq-c3sOFBIA
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Don Giveachit

• Name says it all
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 02:58:31 PM »
I think a fishing game is a GREAT idea. What if it also included deep sea fishing as well? Did that in Bahamas years ago and it was great.

Good suggestion Rhinoboy
PSN ID: Don_Giveachit

Fan of:
The Golden Bear
Phil Mickelson

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 03:31:44 AM »
I think a fishing game is a GREAT idea. What if it also included deep sea fishing as well? Did that in Bahamas years ago and it was great.

Good suggestion Rhinoboy

yup, i think it's a great idea also........

zx12

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »

Good suggestion Rhinoboy

yup, i think it's a great idea also........
Hey karma wot u doin here fishin,get yo a*s back in da golf,
 :)

Rick Wallace

• XXLGaming
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 02:05:15 AM »
I ran a fishing league for that game (Bass and Catfish Tourneys) that was huge and so much fun. Hands down the best fishing game ever and that poor game got dinged in reviews because it was too realistic. Hey, imagine that! But I am on board too with HB considering this. Please make it like Pro Fishing Challenge is you take on the project...well heck make it even better than it already was.

Joystickboy

• C64 old schooler
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 04:28:13 PM »
Sega bass fishing for the Dreamcast with fishing rod best fishing game ever. 

CanuckHoser

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
I ran a fishing league for that game (Bass and Catfish Tourneys) that was huge and so much fun. Hands down the best fishing game ever and that poor game got dinged in reviews because it was too realistic. Hey, imagine that! But I am on board too with HB considering this. Please make it like Pro Fishing Challenge is you take on the project...well heck make it even better than it already was.

Rumours were when that game was in development they were planning for 128 players simulateously playing on the same lake.  Sadly with the hardware of those days it never game to fruition.  With today's consoles it could be done.  Pro Fishing Challenge will remain one of my all time favourite games.  Anyone that loves fishing games and has not played it is missing out...big time.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 12:28:34 PM »

Only course I've ever seen ENCOURAGE this is Tobacco Road. They actually have a locker of fishing stuff and will give you a pole and tackle to take out with you so you can fish as you play. It's a really amazing thing...
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

CanuckHoser

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 09:50:37 AM »
Using the same technology as the procedurally generated course maker in The Golf Club, it would be fantastic to set the number of acres of lake, a rough shape and how much bottom structure and let the game generate lakes.  You could also allow users to create their own lakes.  You could have themes based on location that would also dictate fish species available.  You could add dock/launch locations.   Could have a variety of non-brand name tackle, rods, lines, and boats. 

Allow for tournaments in a manner similar to the golf club tournaments: ongoing and timed with leaderboards based on species weight/length.   Perhaps even allow two players to fish out of the same boat simultaneously. 

I am NOT a computer programmer but it seems to me that a LOT of TGC architecture/framework could be adapted to a fishing game. 

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 09:55:31 AM »
Maybe a bonus option where you can be the fish...

space-cash