Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 13767 times)

CanuckHoser

Re: Fishing
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 07:59:11 PM »
You could even call it "The Fishing Club".   

PSN ID: CanuckHoser
Steam: CanuckHoser

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »
They just better make sure there is no power loss in the casting reel on the PS4.  ;)

-MERACE

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 12:07:34 PM »
...this game needs to be made...custom made lakes...fun...!
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

CanuckHoser

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 08:50:43 AM »
...this game needs to be made...custom made lakes...fun...!

Or procedurally generated.   

Could you imagine having a tournament with generated lakes??!!!   It would be so sweet.   No one would have previous knowledge of the "secret fishing holes".   You would have maybe a two day window to scout the lake to find these spots followed by a three or four day tournament.   Use the existing art from TGC for shoreline/themes. 

Keep the camera above water because in real life, you usually (except for a few) can only rely on fish finders and experience to find fishing spots.   Have a window that shows the action of your lure/bait or something to indicate you are trolling or retrieving at a proper speed.  Like I said, I think the Atlus game on XBOX did it right, it just never developed multiplayer/online portions enough.   I would think that HB could adapt much of the technology from TGC to fit the bill. 

And they could, as previously mentioned, sell a hybrid called something like "Weekend Getaway" where you can play The Golf Club and The Fishing Club together.   Fish the lakes on course.   A group of coworkers and I used to have a "Skins and Fins" weekend involving both golf and fishing.   

I would LOVE to see TGC coding adapted to TFC (The Fishing Club).  I would also volunteer to any fan input group/forum. 

BURGERINSEN

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 11:03:53 AM »
I would love a realistic fishing game where you can take your boat wherever and find your own spot. Hate the arcadey games and ones that restrict you to "pick one of these 5 spots on the whole lake"

stan_solo

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »
..........and they say golf is boring

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »
Just FYI for anyone that wants to look at fishing games...
Fishing planet is early access on Steam for free (there is premium stuff available you can pay for).
It's pretty nice so far but it IS a level grind to start so be prepared to catch a lot of crap fish for a while :)
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

CanuckHoser

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 09:32:26 AM »
Just FYI for anyone that wants to look at fishing games...
Fishing planet is early access on Steam for free (there is premium stuff available you can pay for).
It's pretty nice so far but it IS a level grind to start so be prepared to catch a lot of crap fish for a while :)

Thanks for the update Reeb!

CanuckHoser

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 02:03:42 PM »
Wow.   So Fishing Planet is pretty impressive.  I can only imagine how great a game HBS will put out with their procedurally generated water bodies!   (Hint hint)

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 10:34:45 AM »
Wow.   So Fishing Planet is pretty impressive.  I can only imagine how great a game HBS will put out with their procedurally generated water bodies!   (Hint hint)

I haven't played much but I quick grinded to level 9. Working on some pike and walleye now just to shake things up. :)
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

CanuckHoser

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »

I haven't played much but I quick grinded to level 9. Working on some pike and walleye now just to shake things up. :)

HB Studioes should partner with the developers of Fishing Planet,...it is an EXCELLENT fishing game,...however, I am not a fan of having a few static spots to fish FROM SHORE at each location.  HB Studios could add procedurally generated lakes and fishing from a boat (similar in coding perhaps to hitting from a random spot on a fairway)....the Fishing Planet with HB Studios involvement would be UNREAL!

Fielder

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 10:36:47 PM »
I was thinking of adding a way to distract the opponents in TGC. Perhaps cast lures looking like bottles of beer or lost wallets in front of their cart?

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 11:29:04 PM »
Kill two birds with one stone and have people fishing in ponds/lakes on the golf course  :)

I was going to post this earlier. :) I also thought you could add bow/rifle Hunting, canoeing/boating, skiing, racing with golfcarts/BMX bikes, Disc Golf, skeet shooting, freeze the pond and play Hockey, etc. All of this as DLC for the Golf Club Extreme Edition (coming in 2015) with editor/creator for each one. Throw in some Zombies and you can dance all the way to the bank. :D

Fantastic Response !!!!  LMAO ROFL !!!!  Glad this post came back up.  I'd just be happy to see different water levels possible  with waterfalls.  Now THAT would take TGC to the next level......and the Skyline backgrounds........
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash