BSG No Grid Tour

• 6 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: July 13, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »
BSG created a tour with his new versions of Widow's Ridge and Hoodoo Gulch.  No wind and no grid.  Plays really well with these settings since his greens aren't extreme.  Not sure many know he created it so I figured I'd give it its own thread.

-5    BSG - Widow's Ridge v.1
-7    BSG - Widow's Ridge v.2
-9    BSG - Hoodoo Gulch v.1
-7    BSG - Hoodoo Gulch v.2
--------------
-28 for the Tour

I've discovered a better technique for putting that has shaved a shot or two per round for me so I'm looking forward to getting out on some gridded greens to test it out.

shootermcgavin

• PSN ChiliSauceSalad
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:59:53 PM »
Any chance you could share your new technique Doyley? I could do with some help on the greens!!!
Intel I5 4670k o/c 4.1ghz, 8gb corsair vengence ram, corsair rm750 psu, gtx660 gpu, 24" benq led monitor,wired xbox 360 controller for pc.
Steam name shooter mcgavin

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:39:31 PM »
Any chance you could share your new technique Doyley? I could do with some help on the greens!!!

I'm sure my old technique was just poor to begin with.  I used the same swing with my drives as I did with my putts - slam it all the way back and then slam it forward.  For my putts now I just take it back enough to get the club to pull back then hold it there and when the club head is at a certain spot I push through.  It solves my main fault with my putting in that my accuracy within the cone was all over the place.  At least this way I'm hitting it where I'm aiming it.  Typing it out it seems very similar to some other posts I've read in here so I'm sure I'm just late to the party - but at least I found it!

coruler2

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 09:00:14 PM »
I do not care for those courses...so I will be skipping this one.  I do want to play more events w/ aids off though. 
TGC 2019 Courses:
Negev Valley (TGC2 Port of Israeli National)
The Invaders Golf Site (TGC2019 Original)
Sun Devil Ridge (TGC2 Course remastered)
Connemara Bay Golf Club (TGC2019 Original)
The Legend at Kong Island
*New* Pulseczar Vale

Steam and XB1 name:  coruler2

Bradley Stuart

• Hey all you young hockey players!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:45:19 AM »
Hey Doyley, thanks for posting this.  It was my first time creating a tour or tournament and I was positive I would mess something up.  Sure enough I set the 'shot suggestion' to OFF not realizing that it would give you a driver for a 10 yard chip shot.  Ugh.  I can't blame anyone for not playing four rounds of that.  I did play the first two rounds (think I'm at +1) and I will finish the event so that you're not the only contestant.  ;)

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 11:46:51 AM »
I do not care for those courses...so I will be skipping this one.  I do want to play more events w/ aids off though.

Thank you for your opinion once again.  I guess.

Bradley Stuart

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »
Oh yeah, be sure to check out the tour I posted for superdaleman's new version of Hoodoo Gulch too guys.  $25 Steam Card to the winner!  Click the link in my sig for details.

space-cash