Changing resolution took away my Power

• 8 Replies

Thrangar

« on: July 14, 2014, 01:04:03 AM »
Well I don't know how (prolly my wife) but my desk top resolution was lowered from 1920/1080  to  1600/900

I noticed that I could no longer get 100% out of any of my clubs only 83% for top power , after realizing my resolution had been changed.

I switched it all (both desk and in game) back to original settings 1920/1080  That raised my Power back up 91/93 %

I stiil can not get back up too 100 %  Is there a way to re calibrate  so to speak?

Also I noticed during my ordeal that every change in resolution changed max power ability for clubs.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

HB_LorinB

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 01:29:52 AM »
There is a known (very odd) issue where higher performance of the game can actually cause an inverse effect on shot power and control.  It will be fixed in the final version.  But switching it back should fix the problem.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:14:14 PM by HB_LorinB »

Wolverin3

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:03:00 AM »
Until the fix, the best settings I have found for constant power, hitting 100% around 95% of the time is to have my desktop at 1920x1080 and run the game at 1600x900 high detail...and run your controller through a calibration in windows on a resolution change.
Courses Created
---------------------------------
Aridian Sands
New The Gobi Golf Club V2
The Gobi Golf Club
Autumn Gold
Golden Sands GC
Waterfront Golf Club (Hard - firm fairways - fast greens)
New Waterfront Golf Club ( more friendly version )

Thrangar

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Thanks wolverine I will try that,

Just a little more info (it might help)

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled game but to no affect, I then installed on another comp...no affect , So I am guessing it on sever end?
I am baffled why it would suddenly turn up after 30 rounds or more of perfect play...and then carry over to another install and another comp

My question now is will it carry over to another controller ?  I will get a game pad , I have been wanting to compare the two types of play.

HB_LorinB

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:52 PM »
Thanks wolverine I will try that,

Just a little more info (it might help)

I completely uninstalled/reinstalled game but to no affect, I then installed on another comp...no affect , So I am guessing it on sever end?
I am baffled why it would suddenly turn up after 30 rounds or more of perfect play...and then carry over to another install and another comp

My question now is will it carry over to another controller ?  I will get a game pad , I have been wanting to compare the two types of play.

This is very odd. Is it possible your wife somehow changed the DPI settings on your mouse and that the other comp had default DPI settings too?  I don't know why it would be doing this.  The server shouln't have anything to do with this.

I wouldn't think the issue would occur with a gamepad but, as I am not sure what is going on..I can't say for sure.

Thrangar

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »
No both of my mice on each comp have a set dpi the mmx has 800 the other prolly lower

Oh also setting pointer speed didn't help/change the max power problem  but it did speed up my puts

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »
I had the same problem with my old grafics card (radeon 5700). It disapeared since i changed to the new one (radeon 7950).
With the old card the game was stottering and became unplayable with high resolution, i only could run on low or medium. Estonnishingly the number of pixels (640x480 up to 1920x1080) had no influence, was the same behaviour with all settings.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Thrangar

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
Hey Ursus did the problem always exist until card change, or did it work fine , and then show up and then disappear after card upgrade?

I am convinced it has to do with resolution some how

Any way obtained a 360 controller and the problem did not follow me, 100 % power is back on line!

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 05:39:22 PM »
After changing the card, it was gonne immediately.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

space-cash