• 33 Replies

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 03:00:48 AM »
lol.ok, so now i remember. When i first looked at the tee shot, i thought??, 2nd time around, 2 landing areas ......cool..makes you think about your tee shot....that's what it is about. Hey, plays great........So, i played the 2nd hole to say this.....lol ;)now i have to go back......an i'm gonna give you a better game.......... ;D

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 03:03:41 AM »
What bothers me is there isn't really incentive to play the lower level.  I'm probably not going to get much time in the designer for a week,  but that's one of the first things I'm going to look at.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 03:07:49 AM »
Ok, that is prolly true.......Stiil i think it's kinda cool, but understand where you're coming from. Night peeps, gotta take my Mastiff for her nightly walk.......Tomorrow...

tastegw

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 03:16:45 AM »
Ok, that is prolly true.......Stiil i think it's kinda cool, but understand where you're coming from. Night peeps, gotta take my Mastiff for her nightly walk.......Tomorrow...

dont talk about your wife like that man, its not cool!

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 03:07:57 PM »
New second tee-shot

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »
I thought rock outcroppings were tedious.

Lorin, could you please move this thread to works in progress?

HB_LorinB

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »
Done :)

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 06:30:07 PM »
Done :)

Thanks!! I just wanted to say you have been doing a great job on these forums. HBS should give you a raise.  ;)

HB_LorinB

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
Thanks Drgn, I appreciate it!

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:59 PM »
Beta is almost complete, should be published within 48 hours barring any major flaws found.

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »
Just published the Beta.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 04:28:13 PM »
So first things first. Great course. I enjoyed playing a quick round with a lot of crappy shots because I was in a hurry. heh.
I appreciate the time you spent putting this together and working on the playability AND the looks.

I must say that my favorite hole by a LARGE margin is number 8. What a perfectly lovely little hole! There's nothing "special" about it...but it just looks and plays especially well and is really a great showcase hole.

I feel like this one starts REALLY strong but then in the middle starts to lose it's way a little bit. The front 9 is strong all the way to number 8 then kind of goes another direction. Holes 10 and 11 both SCREAM with potential that I think wasn't realized because I'm not sure the same attention was paid to them as to the earlier holes. After that things get a little stale for me. Not bad, but not special like the front 9.

Just sharing my opinion and stressing again that I enjoyed every hole, I just liked the front much better and felt like more time was spent there crafting something special.

Hole 8 is one of my all time favs now. THANKS FOR THAT!!! Good work! Keep it up! Looking forward to the full release on this one. :)
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
So first things first. Great course. I enjoyed playing a quick round with a lot of crappy shots because I was in a hurry. heh.
I appreciate the time you spent putting this together and working on the playability AND the looks.

I must say that my favorite hole by a LARGE margin is number 8. What a perfectly lovely little hole! There's nothing "special" about it...but it just looks and plays especially well and is really a great showcase hole.

I feel like this one starts REALLY strong but then in the middle starts to lose it's way a little bit. The front 9 is strong all the way to number 8 then kind of goes another direction. Holes 10 and 11 both SCREAM with potential that I think wasn't realized because I'm not sure the same attention was paid to them as to the earlier holes. After that things get a little stale for me. Not bad, but not special like the front 9.

Just sharing my opinion and stressing again that I enjoyed every hole, I just liked the front much better and felt like more time was spent there crafting something special.

Hole 8 is one of my all time favs now. THANKS FOR THAT!!! Good work! Keep it up! Looking forward to the full release on this one. :)

I have the same feeling on 10, but I really love 11. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to 10 to make it more appealing.  If you notice the picture for the Beta version is #8 so I have the same feelings on 8. Thanks for the kind words and I will definitely take your comments into consideration while working on the final. I also just started #2 that Will play along a river on the other side of the plot. 

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 06:42:49 PM »
Thanks for taking my constructive criticism well. That's how it was intended.

If you ever want another set of eyes on a course feel free to shoot it my way. Maybe that sounds pretentious... It's not meant that way. I plan to do the same with my course files from now on. :)
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff: