Additional CLV type Weekly Tour, any interest?

• 10 Replies

AndrewG

« on: July 17, 2014, 12:29:14 AM »
I am prepared to run a tour very similar to what CLV is doing with his tour, are people interested in participating in another one of this type, looking at same format, same settings with a major every 4th week, with a 7 day time limit on each event and running it for about 20 weeks ie 15 normal tour events (2 rounds each with all aids on) and 5 majors (4 rounds each with same settings CLV is using). Obviously I will avoid using the same courses that CLV has used.

If I get enough interest in this I will start another thread for the tour and kick it off later today Aussie time. I am getting the weekly CLV tour event knocked over in one session mostly, and then sitting around waiting for the next week to be published, I need more......... :D
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:49:39 AM »
ha, I was thinking the very same thing - Spent the last few days firing up a spreadsheet that will do most of the work.  Take a look at my thread I just posted and let me know if that whets your appetite.

AndrewG

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:52:21 AM »
yours looks good but no green grids would count me out on PC, unless I went and spent $200 on a new GPU.

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
Badlands Country Club

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 01:00:54 AM »
What resolution are you playing at (windowed?)  I'd like to try it out and see what it looks like.

AndrewG

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:20:00 AM »
I use 1680-1050 on medium not windowed.

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
Badlands Country Club

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:22 AM »
Here is 1600x900 (windowed) at low and high.  To be honest, in game there is no difference for me on the greens.  The low settings affects trees/shadows but the greens look identical.  Can someone else post what their low resolution greens look like?  I'm using the snipping tool in windows 7 to take the pics.

Low Resolution

High Resolution

AndrewG

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:06:49 AM »
if I don't get a lot of interest here, I will just stick with Clv's tour and have a go at Doyley's tour, don't want dilute the other events if there isn't a good amount of interest.

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
Badlands Country Club

theclv24

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 08:35:47 AM »
if I don't get a lot of interest here, I will just stick with Clv's tour and have a go at Doyley's tour, don't want dilute the other events if there isn't a good amount of interest.

Maybe if you want to wait and see what the interest is like after my tour ends? I'm only going through the real life PGA Tour championship, which means there are 9 events left, including this week, and concluding in mid-September. Once mine is done, having yours alongside Doyley's might make more sense, and there will surely be more courses to choose from, as well.

AndrewG

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:38:21 AM »

Maybe if you want to wait and see what the interest is like after my tour ends? I'm only going through the real life PGA Tour championship, which means there are 9 events left, including this week, and concluding in mid-September. Once mine is done, having yours alongside Doyley's might make more sense, and there will surely be more courses to choose from, as well.

True I'll hold off.

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
Badlands Country Club

steelereign

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 10:21:55 AM »
I'd definitely do another tour or two, concurrently.

I'm out of town Doyley so I can't post screenshots at the moment.  I'd be surprised if the high and low settings look the same graphically around the greens.  If that is true then I'll be happy to play a tour without them.

shootermcgavin

• PSN ChiliSauceSalad
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 10:46:52 AM »
Sounds good to me. I think what you guys are doing is fantastic, and long may it continue.  I like the idea of having tour's with different settings, i.e no green grid, no wind, and vice versa. What we don't want is all the tours to be the same.
Intel I5 4670k o/c 4.1ghz, 8gb corsair vengence ram, corsair rm750 psu, gtx660 gpu, 24" benq led monitor,wired xbox 360 controller for pc.
Steam name shooter mcgavin

space-cash